Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TAKE LATTIMORE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    McKnights one of the worst backs in the league no chance we even get a 7th for him
    This

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Wasn't he that guy from that football movie from the 90s
    Mack from the "program". Poor guy bought the door knocker for the house he was gonna buy his momma.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed, that 5th rounders can be crap shoot, but this team needs every pick to contribute in some way. can't take a chance in a guy coming of 2 acls who may not be the player you want him to be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    agreed, that 5th rounders can be crap shoot, but this team needs every pick to contribute in some way. can't take a chance in a guy coming of 2 acls who may not be the player you want him to be.
    Why do we need "every pick to contribute in some way"? Are we a missing piece from going the distance?

We have PLENTY of picks next year, when we hopefully will be in a position to fill holes. But I posted in a different thread that less than 10% of 4th round picks start for 3 or more years (don't know the stat for lower rounds, but assuming it decreases). That's why i was OK with trading for Ivory, and even more OK with drafting Lattimore -- I gotta think he has a > 10% chance of recovering his original form, and if so his odds of impacting this team are LIGHT YEARS better than anyone else we could pick . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think in the 5th round, you take the best available player. The chances of any 5th rounder becoming anything significant is extremely low to begin with.