Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 207

Thread: The Media obviously has an agenda with the Jets..PROOF.. feel free to add some more

  1. #181
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the truth


    This message is hidden because SAR I is on your ignore list.

  2. #182
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Stop acting like whiny little B*tches. If the Jets want respect from the media, that is something that has to be earned on the field. A few draft picks does not make a laughing stock a respectable team.

    Respect is earned by winning.
    lmao.

    If you think that the Jets winning the big game would stop the negative media coverage, you're out of your friggin' mind. It would kill them, absolutely KILL, the media to have the "pleasure" of covering a Jets Superbowl win.

    Every playoff game would have non-stop coverage of how the Jets didn't belong there, how they backed in, how their easy schedule made it happen, about how they're on borrowed time.

    With each playoff win, they'd clench their teeth while "reporting"...all the while predicting that they have ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT WHATSOEVER of winning the next game.

    And if they won the SB...all they would report on is how they're lucky and how it would never happen the following year.

  3. #183
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Best advice that can be given to any Jets Fan:

    1. Ignore the Media
    2. Especially Ignore the NEW YORK/ESPN Media.
    3. Put SAR I on ignore.
    4. Put Ray Ray on ignore.


    You'd be suprised how much these four easy steps can improve your Jets Following experience.
    Please don't call out other posters.

  4. #184
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    That's actually the nicest thing I've ever heard Bruschi say about the Jets.
    I can never tell when Bruschi speaks if he's having another stroke or he's serious.

  5. #185
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    HAHA - i just literally laughed out loud reading your post!!!
    I didn't. Insulting other posters b/c you can't give a good argument isn't cool.

  6. #186
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I didn't. Insulting other posters b/c you can't give a good argument isn't cool.
    It's SOP on this board.

  7. #187
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Best advice that can be given to any Jets Fan:

    1. Ignore the Media
    2. Especially Ignore the NEW YORK/ESPN Media.
    3. Put SAR I on ignore.
    4. Put Ray Ray on ignore.

    You'd be suprised how much these four easy steps can improve your Jets Following experience.

  8. #188
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post

    You keep being delusional, and I will be laughing at you in November when we are already eliminated from the post season.
    Be honest, you have worn one of these


  9. #189
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get ready! The drama queens, Joe & Evan are about to go off on the Jets. "Dat's right BRO - Stellar!" Both of them are incapable of SHUTTING UP!

  10. #190
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    One step for freedom from the biased media with its anti Jets agenda - read the great blog turnonthejets.com.

    No more cimini. No more Manish. No more ESPN.

    😃

  11. #191
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here's the truth:

    The typical 25-35 year old Jets fan is spoiled rotten. See, we haven't had any tough times since 1996 and back then they were 8-18 years old, still in training pants or still in high school. The Jets had averaged 10 wins per season from 1997-2011 with a healthy quarterback, and every time they thought they were going back to the cellar, POOF, magic:

    1996: Jets are 1-15
    1998: Parcells turns it around, AFC East Champions.
    2000: Parcells and Groh out, Testaverde shot.
    2002: Edwards and Pennington in, AFC East Champions.
    2003: Pennington hurt, we suck.
    2004: Pennington healthy, playoffs.
    2005: Pennington hurt Edwards out, we suck.
    2006: Pennington healthy Mangini in, playoffs.
    2007: Pennington hurt, we suck.
    2008: Favre lands, we are great, then we suck.
    2009: Mangini out, Ryan in, Sanchez arrives, playoffs.
    2010: Ryan and Sanchez excel, this is real, playoffs.
    2011: Wheels fall off the bus, we suck.
    2012: Chaos at the circus, we really suck.
    2013: Leaderless and talentless, led by a dork with no credentials.

    Today's typical Jets fan is conditioned to the quick-fix. Just change the QB, BOOM, playoffs. Just move the head coach, BOOM, playoffs. They don't realize that the Parcells core got us on this 15 year run and now that it's over there isn't a quick-fix any more. It's going to be a hard, hard year for these fans who only know us as a successful playoff contender because they don't know anything else. There was a time we were good enough to swap a QB or a HC and pull a rabbit out of the hat. The roster is too weak to support that now. The drive for PSL's since 2008 and the PR play of getting every decent free agent in here almost worked, was almost enough. Now that we have to do it the right way, dead in the water.

    SAR I
    While I agree that young Jets fans are spoiled by these quick 2-4 year turnarounds, you are requesting the same thing by leading the charge for Rex to be fired.

    Who is our head coaching candidate if you fire Rex? He is, like him or not, one of the best defensive coordinators in football, and defensive players like playing for him.

    So say you fire him... What head coaches are out here now? Or even at the end of the year last season? Guys with even less success and more failure than Rex? A retired coach who won a Super Bowl before who refuses to come out of retirement (and those guys who they drag out of retirement pretty much never recapture the magic)? Or a rookie head coach, which you could add to your NY Jets Failed Rookie coach brigade signature?

    Now, we have a new offensive coordinator with some credentials (something we did not have for the last 6+ years), wouldn't it be prudent to give both Rex and Sanchez one more chance with an OC? Then, if Rex and Mark fail this year, we go in the new direction?

    We understand... you don't like Rex. You started disliking him hard after the Super Bowl boasts fell short and his meltdown at that horrible call in that @Ravens game a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly (an I did NOT blame him... it was a bad call and I was melting down when I saw it, too!). Guess what? He has quieted down. Maybe he matured and is going to coach more and boast less? Can you give him one more shot or is this whole year - win, lose, or draw - going to be calling for Rex's head? And who replaces him if/when he does get the axe? Just curious on your mission here... as some of us want to give him another shot.

  12. #192
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    One step for freedom from the biased media with its anti Jets agenda - read the great blog turnonthejets.com.

    No more cimini. No more Manish. No more ESPN.

    😃
    thanks for the link

    added to favorites

  13. #193
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Hearing Rich Eisen, and the rest of the hyenas hoot and howl after we selected Geno Smith made me sick. Now the 1st thing I read today is a quote from Tedy Bruschi



    Please add some more media BS quotes...it will be fun shoving it down their throats one day
    He is not wrong. The qb situation is a mess,, a mess that Idtzie will need to fix. Until then it is a freaking mess. It started with Tebows release...more changes to come.

  14. #194
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    It's SOP on this board.
    Maybe we can change that.

  15. #195
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,556
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    While I agree that young Jets fans are spoiled by these quick 2-4 year turnarounds, you are requesting the same thing by leading the charge for Rex to be fired.

    Who is our head coaching candidate if you fire Rex? He is, like him or not, one of the best defensive coordinators in football, and defensive players like playing for him.

    So say you fire him... What head coaches are out here now? Or even at the end of the year last season? Guys with even less success and more failure than Rex? A retired coach who won a Super Bowl before who refuses to come out of retirement (and those guys who they drag out of retirement pretty much never recapture the magic)? Or a rookie head coach, which you could add to your NY Jets Failed Rookie coach brigade signature?

    Now, we have a new offensive coordinator with some credentials (something we did not have for the last 6+ years), wouldn't it be prudent to give both Rex and Sanchez one more chance with an OC? Then, if Rex and Mark fail this year, we go in the new direction?

    We understand... you don't like Rex. You started disliking him hard after the Super Bowl boasts fell short and his meltdown at that horrible call in that @Ravens game a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly (an I did NOT blame him... it was a bad call and I was melting down when I saw it, too!). Guess what? He has quieted down. Maybe he matured and is going to coach more and boast less? Can you give him one more shot or is this whole year - win, lose, or draw - going to be calling for Rex's head? And who replaces him if/when he does get the axe? Just curious on your mission here... as some of us want to give him another shot.
    It is crazy to worry about who can replace him. Anyone and everyone is replaceable. Rex in a one dimensional head coach, this means we really do not have a real head coach. Rex will fail this year and that has to do with him, tanny and woody making all the wrong moves. They took their chance and did not succeed. bringing in a young unproven motivated coach, may be what this team really needs. I t started during the draft, building blocks have been added and if Rex can not or will not grow with his new responsibilities, then this franchise will move on.

    As fans we all are tired of the dog and pony show that is the Jets. Time for this franchise to grow up and build a winner for once. A winner that can compete every year and actually win a Super Bowl.

  16. #196
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    thanks for the link

    added to favorites
    You're welcome. The guys who started it all played DIII and DII college football. They actually understand X's and O's and don't have an axe to grind.

    Oh and yeah, they deliver actual content as opposed to the trash churned out by the "unnamed sources" crew.

  17. #197
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I was listening to the Fat man on the Fan at the start of his show, and predictably he was mocking the Jets as clueless for picking Geno. He went on and on about how poorly they are run, how lucky they were to even get to the playoffs and more... Then he quickly said that the Giants have not drafted a QB in lke 10 years unlike the Jets who have... Good to know he had his facts in order as Nassib is actually the 3rd QB they have selected since 2008, where they took Andre Woodson in the 6th and 2009 when they selected Brett Bomar in the 5th... Typical of him...

  18. #198
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    So I was listening to the Fat man on the Fan at the start of his show, and predictably he was mocking the Jets as clueless for picking Geno. He went on and on about how poorly they are run, how lucky they were to even get to the playoffs and more... Then he quickly said that the Giants have not drafted a QB in lke 10 years unlike the Jets who have... Good to know he had his facts in order as Nassib is actually the 3rd QB they have selected since 2008, where they took Andre Woodson in the 6th and 2009 when they selected Brett Bomar in the 5th... Typical of him...
    A couple of things the Jet hatin' media ignores:

    1) Geno was right there at 39 as far as value goes. We didn't "pay" too much for him.
    2) Philly has 5 qb's but you don't hear anything about that.

  19. #199
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    A couple of things the Jet hatin' media ignores:

    1) Geno was right there at 39 as far as value goes. We didn't "pay" too much for him.
    2) Philly has 5 qb's but you don't hear anything about that.
    The danger:

    If Geno plays in an average fashion, it's a wasted pick.

    If Geno doesn't play at all, it may prevent us from taking a blue chip QB next draft.

    If Geno doesn't contribute and his presence hurts Mark's confidence we have just gotten Tebow II.

    If a RB or TE or WR that we passed on at 39 emerges to be an NFL force this "why not" pick can be disastrous.

    The Jets have a terrible offense and didn't do anything in the first three picks to correct it. Their POV isn't out of line or 'Jets hating'.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 04-29-2013 at 04:11 PM.

  20. #200
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Please don't call out other posters.
    As long as you make this same post after each and every post those two blast others with then I am okay with it. Much like NHL refs the instigators can instigate to their hearts content but as soon as someone retaliates, the warnings come out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us