Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Media obviously has an agenda with the Jets..PROOF.. feel free to add some more

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The best part is that if anyone has taken Smith in the first no one would have batted an eye.

We get that same player on day two and there is an eruption. Even Sportcenter lead with the Jets sent shock waves through the draft. Really? These morons didn't think there was even a chance that given whats on the roster that we would go for a QB along the way? We got more grief for taking most peoples top QB on day two that the Bills did for taking Manuel when and where they did.
    This is one of our better drafts... Fukk the media.

many in the media like our draft. they should.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

On a positive note, Laconfora had some nice things to say about the Jets draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...-the-nfl-draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Throw enough crap at the wall and hopefully some will stick, he had 6 that stuck, any fan can do the same. You can probably have a better average using darts. Dude acts like if teams don't pick the one he mocked they are dumb, its freaking hilarious.

Some people like to hang on his every word as if he has some sort of inside sources or if his opinion mattered more than the average person. Hey he is on TV so he must know what he is doing. If he knew what he was doing he would be working for a team not a channel.
    You basing all this on a mock draft???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post

It's kinda sad when you hear fans use the word circus, it just tells me that they've become puppets of the media.
    No, we haven't.

Some of us are smart enough to use our own eyes and see that a "circus" is precisely what Rex Ryan brings to this franchise. Like any NFL team, we make mistakes, we blunder drafts, we fumble, we blow leads, and on and on. Jets are just like everyone else.

But only the Jets have a head coach that keeps predicting Super Bowls and saying this is "the best guys I've ever coached" and then goes on a 14-18 run enroute to a 19-29 run with 1 win in the last 12 against winning teams.

Rex Ryan is the reason for the Circus. The media is just reporting on it. There's a list a mile long of all the things he's said. "Tebow is just our punt protector" That was a good one. "This roster is the strongest I've ever had" LOLZ. "We don't have any captains, but I'm taking our Top 10 players to a leadership conclave for the weekend." He he he. "I'm taking the guys to a sleep therapist" ROFL. If anything, the media has been gentle. There's so much more they could have done. I could write a book on all this stuff.

Rex Ryan is a clown. Rex Ryan is the circus. We are not puppets of the media. You are puppets of the clown.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Also, got to love the morons in the media who act as if the losers who call sports radio shows are representative of what the real fan base is.
    Yeah, we get it.

Jet Nut Rule Of Fandom: The 12 Blind Homers on Jets Insider are the only smart ones. The 12,000,000 Jets fans and 100,000,000 don't know what they're talking about.

LOLZ

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Ryan Nassib put into perfect QB situation with The Gnats

I get it....lol
    Nassib gets groomed as a Giants backup for 2+ years, Eli starts to age or wants bigger money, Nassib is comfortably ready to be inserted. Or replaced if a better QB prospect comes along in 2014 or 2015. He's under no pressure, backs up an NFL Hall of Famer, coached by an NFL Hall of Famer.

Smith gets thrust into the Circus. Already have three guys who shouldn't be there. Jets add one more. Higher pick than Nassib, costs more money, prevents the Jets from finding their franchise guy. He's under immediate pressure, is amongst a group of bad QB's, has no playmakers, has a head coach who has one foot out the door.

Night. Day. Media isn't wrong.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    There's 4 simple steps to shutting down this media craze-

1. Cut/trade Sanchez
    2. Cut/trade Tebow
    3. Rex finally learns to keep his ****ing mouth shut and just coach
    4. Win.
    Fire Rex Ryan. Circus closes. He's the clown. The rest of the team is his creation.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Those comments are not BS at all. The Jets earned every comment that they get. They have become a circus and laughing stock. It sucks, but its the truth.
    Thank you. Besides these 12 blind homers, the rest of Jets Insider has its head on straight. Almost makes you feel sorry for them.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Just about everyone has taken the right step and put me and my lame shtick on IGNORE. This is killing me.

SAR I
    s'long closet patfan

Done

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nassib gets groomed as a Giants backup for 2+ years, Eli starts to age or wants bigger money, Nassib is comfortably ready to be inserted. Or replaced if a better QB prospect comes along in 2014 or 2015. He's under no pressure, backs up an NFL Hall of Famer, coached by an NFL Hall of Famer.

Smith gets thrust into the Circus. Already have three guys who shouldn't be there. Jets add one more. Higher pick than Nassib, costs more money, prevents the Jets from finding their franchise guy. He's under immediate pressure, is amongst a group of bad QB's, has no playmakers, has a head coach who has one foot out the door.

Night. Day. Media isn't wrong.

SAR I
    I expect all QBs gone except Geno, Garrard and maybe Mark.

Idzik appears to be getting REX in line.

The light in the tunnel may be here.... Maybe not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    You basing all this on a mock draft???
    No

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    you really have to chose which analysts to hear. for some, nothing the jets do is right. they take the top cb, that's a mistake they should have taken a guard. if they took warmack, then the jets wasted a pick on a guard. they take richardson, they already have good lineman, wasted pick. all season the media loved to jump on sanchez and rightfully so. then when they take a qb who falls to them, that's wrong too. it is what it is.
    Well said. I just galls me to hear Rich Eisen constantly talk about Geno and the Jets situation at QB. It's like he had nothing else on his mind, A bunch of mindless asses.........
    Last edited by jetsfellow; 04-27-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the media starts blocking, running, catching or throwing the football for the Jets then I will start worrying about them.

They have a job to do. Negativity sells. Woody, Rex and the Jets are a willing participant. Maybe that changes under Idzik, maybe it doesn't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, we haven't.

Some of us are smart enough to use our own eyes and see that a "circus" is precisely what Rex Ryan brings to this franchise. Like any NFL team, we make mistakes, we blunder drafts, we fumble, we blow leads, and on and on. Jets are just like everyone else.

But only the Jets have a head coach that keeps predicting Super Bowls and saying this is "the best guys I've ever coached" and then goes on a 14-18 run enroute to a 19-29 run with 1 win in the last 12 against winning teams.

Rex Ryan is the reason for the Circus. The media is just reporting on it. There's a list a mile long of all the things he's said. "Tebow is just our punt protector" That was a good one. "This roster is the strongest I've ever had" LOLZ. "We don't have any captains, but I'm taking our Top 10 players to a leadership conclave for the weekend." He he he. "I'm taking the guys to a sleep therapist" ROFL. If anything, the media has been gentle. There's so much more they could have done. I could write a book on all this stuff.

Rex Ryan is a clown. Rex Ryan is the circus. We are not puppets of the media. You are puppets of the clown.

SAR I
    This utterly boring and played out theme that the Jets are a circus is nothing new for the NY media jackals. They give us recycled reporting that shows that they've got nothing new to offer except cheap snark to entertain the mouth-breathing SOJ fans who call Francesa and wait on hold for an hour since their wives have long since left them they're on long term unemployment. Flashback to 1981, anyone?

Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 04-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maycock had Geno going 6th OVERALL to the browns in his last mock, the Jets picked him up at 39 and it was a horrible pick. What gives Francis??!

That tells you all you need to know about this fraud
    The guy's a bafoon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thoroughly believe we were a circus last season. They key worlds in the aforementioned sentence though is ''last season.'' I believe over time Idzik will alter the perception of this franchise, which includes the firing of Rex Ryan after another bottom ten finish this season.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we suck the media says mean things.
    No, it goes beyond that. There are teams with less success and even more perennial failure than our Jets that get far more respectful treatment. The media holds a special kind of contempt and borderline hatred against this franchise. Even when things go well for the Jets, the media spins something bad. When something goes bad, then they really release the hounds.

But it doesn't stop with sports media. The mainstream media is also does this based on the political ideals of the reporters/producers and media outlet owners/funders. At least that makes sense. That's cut and dried and you know what you're getting. Why the media treats the Jets so bad isn't as easily explained. Maybe a lot of media types are fans of the Giants (treat us like hated ugly stepchildren) and Patriots (hate us for being their hated rival and love taking potshots at our failures)?

Whatever the case, the way the media treats us assists in our failures, as low-info/low-IQ fans and easily manipulated brass within the organization make it that this team - win, lose or draw - always changes it's QB and coaching staff every 2-4 years, assuring cyclical laughing stock defeats every half decade. The media has power... way too much power for people with a biased agenda, prejudices in what they cover, and limited, one-sided knowledge.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Besides these 12 blind homers, the rest of Jets Insider has its head on straight. Almost makes you feel sorry for them.

SAR I
    I said the exact same thing and JetNut ripped me apart for it!It kills me to see my team to get bashed my the media left and right but we deserve it and the truth hurts!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    No, it goes beyond that. There are teams with less success and even more perennial failure than our Jets that get far more respectful treatment. The media holds a special kind of contempt and borderline hatred against this franchise. Even when things go well for the Jets, the media spins something bad. When something goes bad, then they really release the hounds.

But it doesn't stop with sports media. The mainstream media is also does this based on the political ideals of the reporters/producers and media outlet owners/funders. At least that makes sense. That's cut and dried and you know what you're getting. Why the media treats the Jets so bad isn't as easily explained. Maybe a lot of media types are fans of the Giants (treat us like hated ugly stepchildren) and Patriots (hate us for being their hated rival and love taking potshots at our failures)?

Whatever the case, the way the media treats us assists in our failures, as low-info/low-IQ fans and easily manipulated brass within the organization make it that this team - win, lose or draw - always changes it's QB and coaching staff every 2-4 years, assuring cyclical laughing stock defeats every half decade. The media has power... way too much power for people with a biased agenda, prejudices in what they cover, and limited, one-sided knowledge.
    I grant you that the media is overboard when it comes to the Jets. They lay it on thick.

However, if Rex Ryan never acted the way he did, the NY media would not a) have been so animated and b) they wouldn't have gotten used to all the juicy soundbytes that now fuel their Twitter and daily news stories.

Geno Smith isn't on the job 10 minutes, I quote: "We're going to the playoffs next year."

Do do doo-doo do do dit do doo-doo-doo do.....(that's circus music).

SAR I