Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 207

Thread: The Media obviously has an agenda with the Jets..PROOF.. feel free to add some more

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    90% of Jets fans on Jets Insider disagree with me.

    Come to Section 232A, let me know what the 300 other fans around me think. Read a newspaper, listen to a radio, watch a talk show, learn something.

    SAR I
    they just pretend to agree with you in the hopes you'll stop talking to them.

    I kid......

  2. #162
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    closer to 100 percent

    of ALL Jet fans EVERYWHERE

  3. #163
    The Sporting news
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...teelers-eagles

    Grade: D

    New York Jets: Their entire draft will ride on just how good West Virgnia's Geno Smith will be as their starting quarterback, and there's reason to believe the pairing will be quite bumpy. In essence, they swapped out Darrelle Revis for Alabama's Dee Milliner at cornerback, but wasted the No. 13 they got for Revis by taking Sheldon Richardson, a tackle better suited for the 4-3, not Rex Ryan's 3-4. It was a shaky start for John Idzik. Complete draft class

  4. #164
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,634
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    3-13 at Best
    ..says a true Seahawks fan

    Lets be honest Bro, you've made the switch already

  5. #165
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,634
    Quote Originally Posted by paule View Post
    http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/28/2013-nf...top-the-class/

    New York Jets

    The first round was disappointing. DT Sheldon Richardson is kind of miscast in the Jetsí current defense, and CB Dee Milliner broke the rule that you donít try to replace a player you just traded away by drafting someone at the same position. G Brian Winters has a nasty streak and Rex Ryan will like that. But, of course, the spotlight will shine brightest on QB Geno Smith. Is he the answer New York needs at that position? Or are there ample reasons to justify his drop into Round 2? Grade: C


    San Francisco 49ers

    This got kind of silly for a while. The 49ers traded up for S Eric Reid, who should replace Dashon Goldson.
    Then, they stole DE Tank Carradine at 40, TE Vance McDonald at 55 and WR Quinton Patton at 128. In between those picks, San Francisco also added quick DE/OLB Corey Lemonier and RB Marcus Lattimore, the latter of whom could be a star if his rehab from a catastrophic knee injury works out. Grade: A


    Not only did they draft to replace a player SF traded up for him, yet the Jets broke the rule? F the rule.
    Nice catch

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    90% of Jets fans on Jets Insider disagree with me.

    Come to Section 232A, let me know what the 300 other fans around me think. Read a newspaper, listen to a radio, watch a talk show, learn something.

    SAR I
    That's really cool that the home buys a section out so you all can sit together.

  7. #167
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    There's 4 simple steps to shutting down this media craze-

    1. Cut/trade Sanchez
    2. Cut/trade Tebow
    3. Rex finally learns to keep his ****ing mouth shut and just coach
    4. Win.
    and ...

    5. Rex sits at home masturbating with peanut butter (the crunchy)

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Hearing Rich Eisen, and the rest of the hyenas hoot and howl after we selected Geno Smith made me sick. Now the 1st thing I read today is a quote from Tedy Bruschi



    Please add some more media BS quotes...it will be fun shoving it down their throats one day
    The media is a circus act. The Jets are always portrayed negatively and treated poorly by the media. It's been amped up in the last couple of years. Anything involving the Jets is treated in a negative light. You would think that the Jets had bounties on players heads or videotaped other teams signals or had their star qb be accused of rape twice while his lineman blocked entry into a rest room or had their star player go to a club with teammates and shoot himself or have a star middle linebacker accused of accesory to murder or have a star linebacker doing cocaine during games or sending hookers to opposing teams hotel rooms or etc etc etc

    All draft picks by the Jets get lowlight videos recapping them. Angry fans get shown with glee by the media. The team gets mocked for having 6 qb's on a 90 man mandatory offseason roster. Like they are really going to carry 6 qb's on the active roster going into the season. The Jets aren't a mess. They have been a winning franchise for the most part since 1997. The media is a joke and a mess. Perception becomes reality in this world. The Jets have not been an embarrassment or joke and have not done anything unsavory as an organization. The media is the real circus. Go follow some more coaches on their vacations like you are TMZ.

  9. #169
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    The media is a circus act. The Jets are always portrayed negatively and treated poorly by the media. It's been amped up in the last couple of years. Anything involving the Jets is treated in a negative light. You would think that the Jets had bounties on players heads or videotaped other teams signals or had their star qb be accused of rape twice while his lineman blocked entry into a rest room or had their star player go to a club with teammates and shoot himself or have a star middle linebacker accused of accesory to murder or have a star linebacker doing cocaine during games or sending hookers to opposing teams hotel rooms or etc etc etc

    All draft picks by the Jets get lowlight videos recapping them. Angry fans get shown with glee by the media. The team gets mocked for having 6 qb's on a 90 man mandatory offseason roster. Like they are really going to carry 6 qb's on the active roster going into the season. The Jets aren't a mess. They have been a winning franchise for the most part since 1997. The media is a joke and a mess. Perception becomes reality in this world. The Jets have not been an embarrassment or joke and have not done anything unsavory as an organization. The media is the real circus. Go follow some more coaches on their vacations like you are TMZ.
    Holy sh*t--- EXACTLY, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills........... +10000000.

  10. #170
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Those comments are not BS at all. The Jets earned every comment that they get. They have become a circus and laughing stock. It sucks, but its the truth.
    Hi folks, I live in Seattle and my lovely wife works for the Seahawks.... I used to be a Jet fan but I'm all HAWK now

  11. #171
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    ..says a true Seahawks fan

    Lets be honest Bro, you've made the switch already
    Not at all, but they dont have a circus atmosphere in their facility. Since so many of you are in a clear state of denial, lets look at just a few reasons, we are considered to be a circus.

    • The Head Coach puts out youtube videos of his foot feddish with his wife.
    • The Coach opens his mouth promising championships and other BS.
    • Last year, with a Roster full of holes and a need to sell PSL's to the Jets trade for Tebow.
    • The Offense gives the other team more points than they score themselves.
    • Butt fumble
    • In addition to the fumble, watch last Thanksgiving Game.
    • We are the only team in the league, with the back up QB getting press conferences.


    You keep being delusional, and I will be laughing at you in November when we are already eliminated from the post season.

  12. #172
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Stop acting like whiny little B*tches. If the Jets want respect from the media, that is something that has to be earned on the field. A few draft picks does not make a laughing stock a respectable team.

    Respect is earned by winning.

  13. #173
    Read a great quote in the Post today... Joe Benigno has an "inability to SHUT UP!!!"

  14. #174
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Stop acting like whiny little B*tches. If the Jets want respect from the media, that is something that has to be earned on the field. A few draft picks does not make a laughing stock a respectable team.

    Respect is earned by winning.
    GO HAWKS!!!

  15. #175
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Holy sh*t--- EXACTLY, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills........... +10000000.
    You are taking crazy pills, just not the ones you think.

    The Jets are portrayed in the media the same way in which they portray themselves. They get exactly what they deserve. The Jets, and Rex Ryan in particular, went out of their way to boast in a league that doesn't like it. And in New York, of all places, where the most beloved franchise in the NFL lives and where there's more media than every city in the AFC North, West, and South combined.

    During the halcyon days of 2008 (Favre), 2009 (Ryan), and 2010 (playoff wins) the Jets pushed their muscle on the media and the Giants and the Patriots and the media was good to them. Now they pull their boastful crap with a horrific roster and an unqualified head coach and they get it pushed right back at them.

    This ain't rocket science. If the Jets were humble and quiet back in those days, no repercussions now. Funny, you're sick of the 'circus' today but I bet if I looked up your posts from the past you were oh-so happy when Rex was guaranteeing Super Bowls and Bart Scott was mouthing off. It goes both ways.

    SAR I

  16. #176
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    GO HAWKS!!!
    You should root for the Hawks if you want to win this year, I am going to stick with the Jets and see what happens in a few years after the rebuild.

  17. #177
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Stop acting like whiny little B*tches. If the Jets want respect from the media, that is something that has to be earned on the field. A few draft picks does not make a laughing stock a respectable team.

    Respect is earned by winning.
    Here's the truth:

    The typical 25-35 year old Jets fan is spoiled rotten. See, we haven't had any tough times since 1996 and back then they were 8-18 years old, still in training pants or still in high school. The Jets had averaged 10 wins per season from 1997-2011 with a healthy quarterback, and every time they thought they were going back to the cellar, POOF, magic:

    1996: Jets are 1-15
    1998: Parcells turns it around, AFC East Champions.
    2000: Parcells and Groh out, Testaverde shot.
    2002: Edwards and Pennington in, AFC East Champions.
    2003: Pennington hurt, we suck.
    2004: Pennington healthy, playoffs.
    2005: Pennington hurt Edwards out, we suck.
    2006: Pennington healthy Mangini in, playoffs.
    2007: Pennington hurt, we suck.
    2008: Favre lands, we are great, then we suck.
    2009: Mangini out, Ryan in, Sanchez arrives, playoffs.
    2010: Ryan and Sanchez excel, this is real, playoffs.
    2011: Wheels fall off the bus, we suck.
    2012: Chaos at the circus, we really suck.
    2013: Leaderless and talentless, led by a dork with no credentials.

    Today's typical Jets fan is conditioned to the quick-fix. Just change the QB, BOOM, playoffs. Just move the head coach, BOOM, playoffs. They don't realize that the Parcells core got us on this 15 year run and now that it's over there isn't a quick-fix any more. It's going to be a hard, hard year for these fans who only know us as a successful playoff contender because they don't know anything else. There was a time we were good enough to swap a QB or a HC and pull a rabbit out of the hat. The roster is too weak to support that now. The drive for PSL's since 2008 and the PR play of getting every decent free agent in here almost worked, was almost enough. Now that we have to do it the right way, dead in the water.

    SAR I

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Stop acting like whiny little B*tches. If the Jets want respect from the media, that is something that has to be earned on the field. A few draft picks does not make a laughing stock a respectable team.

    Respect is earned by winning.
    +1

    Its actually fairly simple...

    over the last 4 years the jets have done everything possible to be "in the news", well if you do that then you open yourself up to outside opinion and prejudice...and when you end up looking like a bunch of dicks with the moves that you make you cant expect the pundits to lay off.

    Thats the one thing i like about Idzik so far, he doesn't seem to give a **** about any players with entitlement issues. People keep asking if they called Revis, and if they called Sanchez, etc... and he was like F that...they are players...ill call them when i have something to tell them, not when i need to stroke their ****ing ego.

    One thing i will say, which i think is completely dumb is the media people saying that Sheldon Richardson doesn't fit Rex's scheme. I think thats pretty much the most idiotic thing i have ever heard. Its like me telling a surgeon that his scalpel is the wrong size because I've been watching the surgery channel 24 hours a day for the past year.

  19. #179
    Got to be honest thought this was our best draft since the mangold and dbrick draft. Can't say that we didn't take best available at every spot. Millner and geno were both mocked on numerous sites inside the top 6 got them at 9 and 39 respectively.

    Media is a joke everyone always says how brilliant the pats are for trading out of first round every year but for every gronkowski they select ten Patrick chungs. If they re-sign Braylon and hill continues to develop our skill positions should be better than start of last year with addition of Ivery(who was better than any player available in round 4)

    Plus mayock and eisen must have said a million times before the geno pick how mayock only had three ayers with first round grades still available this deep in second round and jets pick one of them and its a bad pick? Because the jets did it?

    And every media outlet needs to stop saying what does this mean for mark Sanchez. All it means is he better start putting the ball in the end zone instead of the defenders chest or he's going to be on the waiver wire

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here's the truth:

    The typical 25-35 year old Jets fan is spoiled rotten. See, we haven't had any tough times since 1996 and back then they were 8-18 years old, still in training pants or still in high school. The Jets had averaged 10 wins per season from 1997-2011 with a healthy quarterback, and every time they thought they were going back to the cellar, POOF, magic:

    1996: Jets are 1-15
    1998: Parcells turns it around, AFC East Champions.
    2000: Parcells and Groh out, Testaverde shot.
    2002: Edwards and Pennington in, AFC East Champions.
    2003: Pennington hurt, we suck.
    2004: Pennington healthy, playoffs.
    2005: Pennington hurt Edwards out, we suck.
    2006: Pennington healthy Mangini in, playoffs.
    2007: Pennington hurt, we suck.
    2008: Favre lands, we are great, then we suck.
    2009: Mangini out, Ryan in, Sanchez arrives, playoffs.
    2010: Ryan and Sanchez excel, this is real, playoffs.
    2011: Wheels fall off the bus, we suck.
    2012: Chaos at the circus, we really suck.
    2013: Leaderless and talentless, led by a dork with no credentials.

    Today's typical Jets fan is conditioned to the quick-fix. Just change the QB, BOOM, playoffs. Just move the head coach, BOOM, playoffs. They don't realize that the Parcells core got us on this 15 year run and now that it's over there isn't a quick-fix any more. It's going to be a hard, hard year for these fans who only know us as a successful playoff contender because they don't know anything else. There was a time we were good enough to swap a QB or a HC and pull a rabbit out of the hat. The roster is too weak to support that now. The drive for PSL's since 2008 and the PR play of getting every decent free agent in here almost worked, was almost enough. Now that we have to do it the right way, dead in the water.

    SAR I
    Not that I think we will be fortunate enough for it to happen but is has: Luck with Colts and Wilson with Seahawks. I know Geno was not first round but neither was Tom Brady. I think it will be a sh*t storm this year too but we always come back because of that slight glimmer of hope.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us