Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Media obviously has an agenda with the Jets..PROOF.. feel free to add some more

Uh-oh the Eagles just drafted Barkley. Now they have Vick, Foles, & Barkley so I see a QB controversy stirring .

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i was just watching nfl network and some analyst chose the jets as the team that did the best so far. when he said 'jets', the guy to his right said "WHAT?" it's almost inappropriate to complement the jets at this point. people are likely to make fun of you.

you really have to chose which analysts to hear. for some, nothing the jets do is right. they take the top cb, that's a mistake they should have taken a guard. if they took warmack, then the jets wasted a pick on a guard. they take richardson, they already have good lineman, wasted pick. all season the media loved to jump on sanchez and rightfully so. then when they take a qb who falls to them, that's wrong too. it is what it is.

i'll say one thing. idzik has selected not only talented players, but high character guys, guys who can change the locker room and the culture. guys like mehta don't like this, it makes their jobs boring and forces them to know their stuff. they want tebow there, they want sanchez there, they want rex, holmes, braylon, scott, sparano. it's no fun writing about how the jets are drafting like the giants. it doesn't make for good journalism. It also means they need another team to make fun of. the bengals are good too. if the jets aren't the laughingstock of the nfl under idzik, they need a new pinata.
    Idzik selecting high character guys???? Geno is getting creamed for not handling adversity and acting like a self absorbed child.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You know what my favorite part of the media bullsh*t is? For months, since the season ended really, all we heard was how despite the financial obligations the Jets HAD to address the QB position because Sanchez sucks, he'll always suck, etc....

Then comes the draft and the Jets take the best QB prospect in the entire thing and don't even have to waste either one of their first round picks in order to get him. You'd think getting that type of value would warrant a little praise? Not with the Jets. All of a sudden, guys from the NFL network give a sh*t about Sanchez and his "feelings", how it's "another circus" and how must Mark feel seeing the team draft someone who will most likely be his "replacement" instead of getting him some guys to help him out. I literally said "Who gives a sh*t about his feelings?" out loud. These were the same guys who repeatedly made buttfumble jokes the last few months instead of analyzing us like every other team. Where was this type of criticism when the Bills picked f***ing EJ Manuel with the 16th pick??? All I heard was how great of a kid he was with his mother and all that stuff. Don't get me wrong, his mothers story was great, but if it wasn't for the Cowboys, that pick would be the worst of the entire draft considering that he might still be on the board today.

This has been my favorite draft in years and Mayock and the rest of his retarded goon sqaud can go f' themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by We need Sherman Plunkett View Post
    Idzik selecting high character guys???? Geno is getting creamed for not handling adversity and acting like a self absorbed child.
    They are making it out worse than it can be. What is he supposed to do look at the camera and keep a giant smile? He's obviously dissapointed he didn't go in the top-15 give the kid a break.

A Yahoo! article made a big deal about how he didn't smile as he was walking up to the podium. He even said don't make a big deal of it.

Remember Rodgers has publically admitted that he was dissapointed by not being the #1 overrall pick. He was dissapointed at the draft but now look at him.

HEY CAMERA - It just doesn't work this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    from Jason Cole's Yahoo column:

I watched it live and there were far more cheers than boos. Virtually every media outlet indicates that most Jets fans hated the pick and that's just not true. While some didn't like the pick, the majority either liked t or were at least OK with it.

Also when the other teams picked, highlights were shown. When the Jets picked, lowlights were shown.
    From what i heard, the majority of the fans present cheered, although i did here boos too. I like the pick!
    I cant believe it but you guys are right. There is a double standard when it comes to the Jets. They do not treat them fairly in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Bruschi should be more concerned with the wholes in his heart created by years of steroid abuse instead of the Jets draft.
    He has SBLI, so he doesn't worry about that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    In the same year, the Giants get Eli Manning.... with Kurt Warner starting-- the Chargers get Rivers.... with Drew Brees as the incumbent. The Packers take Aaron Rodgers..... with Favre as their HOF starter. None of those situations created a "mess" or a "controversy"...... but, the Jets, who all agree have a pretty bad QB situation, have created a mess by improving it.
    And the Redskins drafted RGIII and Cousins in the same draft. Don't think they are regretting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by We need Sherman Plunkett View Post
    Hopefully being passed over creates as big of a chip on his shoulder as Aaron has. And I think it might.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    He has SBLI, so he doesn't worry about that any more.
    it covers steroid use?

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    Uh-oh the Eagles just drafted Barkley. Now they have Vick, Foles, & Barkley so I see a QB controversy stirring .
    nope, they already said how awesome their qb situation is. Lots of competition, great players, chip kelly rules, etc.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    In the same year, the Giants get Eli Manning.... with Kurt Warner starting-- the Chargers get Rivers.... with Drew Brees as the incumbent. The Packers take Aaron Rodgers..... with Favre as their HOF starter. None of those situations created a "mess" or a "controversy"...... but, the Jets, who all agree have a pretty bad QB situation, have created a mess by improving it.
    Well, yes, actually the Rodgers pick was a huge controversy and a huge story at the time. There was the pro-Favre camp and the pro-Rodgers camp. And Favre treated Rodgers like crap, also a big controversy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Did anyone rip San Fran when they took Kaep in the 2nd round, when they already had Smith?

So the Jets take the highest rated player, and it's a joke to all those media hacks F-em
    The best part is that if anyone has taken Smith in the first no one would have batted an eye.

We get that same player on day two and there is an eruption. Even Sportcenter lead with the Jets sent shock waves through the draft. Really? These morons didn't think there was even a chance that given whats on the roster that we would go for a QB along the way? We got more grief for taking most peoples top QB on day two that the Bills did for taking Manuel when and where they did.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    When we suck the media says mean things.

And then fools cry.

This is football, not ballet. So much wet vag here; too bad you have nuts too.

SAR I
    +1.

Grow a pair. Bunch of Sallies out here.

Veteran
    was it Rex's brashness that turned us into the red headed step child? I agree somewhat with the comment that if you win, you won't get the same treatment . I don't remember it being this bad during te back to back afc championship .

Where were you people for the last 3 years when the medias been slobbering all over the jets. ESPN the NFL channel and the homer Eisen pimped a couple of lucky playoff runs (sit manning and backing in through a bad Bengals team) and chanted Super Bowl for years. Now that you find out butt fumble sucks and the media is telling it like it is you dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Hearing Rich Eisen, and the rest of the hyenas hoot and howl after we selected Geno Smith made me sick. Now the 1st thing I read today is a quote from Tedy Bruschi

Please add some more media BS quotes...it will be fun shoving it down their throats one day

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    From what i heard, the majority of the fans present cheered, although i did here boos too. I like the pick!
    I cant believe it but you guys are right. There is a double standard when it comes to the Jets. They do not treat them fairly in the media.
    Unfortunately, this is what the media does.

Last night on NFL network they replayed clips of angry Eagles fans blasting their team for their picks on the radio.

Really, the only callers were blasting the picks? Also, got to love the morons in the media who act as if the losers who call sports radio shows are representative of what the real fan base is.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Well, yes, actually the Rodgers pick was a huge controversy and a huge story at the time. There was the pro-Favre camp and the pro-Rodgers camp. And Favre treated Rodgers like crap, also a big controversy.
    What, locally, in Wisconsin? There was never the kind of crap that the media is laying on the Jets, when Green Bay made that pick. I was always a Favre fan, as well as Rodgers, when he was at Cal. I followed that story, pretty closely. I don't care that the FANS were split between Favre/Rodgers. The MEDIA never made a big deal about it.... they said that it was a good fit-- Rodgers would be able to learn from one of the best.

All Pro
    Frankly, this is primarily a Rex thing.

Controversies, real or imagined, drive ratings and clicks that turn into ad space. The second Rex came out and started making guarantees at his introductory news conference there was a target on us. People couldn't wait for us to fail. Only, we didn't right away. In fact we were very successful his first two years. We got tons of media attention and Woody and the organization loved it.

Then things started going south. Team struggled, Holmes became a cancer, Sanchez' struggles became a story, and everyone started taking their shots.

The Tebow trade is one of the worst things they could have ever done given the circumstances, but they did it anyway. It's one of those all time baffling moves that literally anyone who has ever followed the NFL knew would be an unmitigated disaster from day one, but someone Tannenbaum thought it was a good idea.

More media bias!

Just watched both NFL Network and ESPN, and both praised the Giants for taking QB Ryan Nassib BECAUSE of the high value pick. The same SHOULD have been said when the Jets selected Geno Smith when he fell into their laps without trading up. Just sad. What makes it worse is our Jets beat writers. Cimini had an article questioning our 13th overall pick because of a few troubles he had in college. There is so much bias. The Jets are an expansion team with pro bowl players at several positions???

All Pro
    Mayock and Eisen still killing Geno and the Jets. Pointing out every bad game the guy ever played.