Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Sign Chris Ivory to 3-Yr and Approximate 10 Million Dollar Deal

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Sign Chris Ivory to 3-Yr and Approximate 10 Million Dollar Deal

FROM NFL.COM

The New York Jets have reached an agreement in principle on a three-year, $10 million deal with running back Chris Ivory, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported.
    So we upgraded Greene for about the same money he got in the open market. I have to say I am very happy with this deal and now we have Ivory & Goodson locked up for the next 3 years.

Hard to argue with Mr. Idzik right now. Drastically improved our RBs without paying out the A**. Plus our O-line looks better this year than last so Marty is starting to get excited I bet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont really know what to expect. Obviously Goodson has injury issues and Ivory couldn't get on the field with the Saints.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The Jets and Ivory have agreed to terms on a new three-year contract, and heís viewed as their No. 1 running back going forward. If the future of the Jetsí offense is Ivory as the starting running back and Geno Smith as the starting quarterback, most Jets fans would gladly take that over a pairing of Bilal Powell and Mark Sanchez."

That last line is horrific. As of two days ago, that's what we had to look forward too. I am much more excited for this season than I thought I would be.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    "The Jets and Ivory have agreed to terms on a new three-year contract, and he’s viewed as their No. 1 running back going forward. If the future of the Jets’ offense is Ivory as the starting running back and Geno Smith as the starting quarterback, most Jets fans would gladly take that over a pairing of Bilal Powell and Mark Sanchez."

That last line is horrific. As of two days ago, that's what we had to look forward too. I am much more excited for this season than I thought I would be.
    Yes that is a very good point. Definitely would prefer Geno&Ivory over Sanchez&Powell moving forward.

Everybody outside the Jets organization still thinks we are an expansion team though who has done nothing to improve our players .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are a TE away from fielding a decent offense that will look vastly different than last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We are a TE away from fielding a decent offense that will look vastly different than last year.
    +1 WR too

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if Ivory is so good, why did the Saints trade him? Not a hater question, I am just curious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ivory gets injured a lot too... just an FYI.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really happy about this but not disappointed. So I'm neutral. Go make me happy Chris.

I'm just glad we don't have to watch Sanchez and Greene anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one who likes Bilal Powell?

Thought he showed some promise last year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles View Post
    So if Ivory is so good, why did the Saints trade him? Not a hater question, I am just curious.
    They were short on draft picks.

He was scheduled to be a free agent.

They have a first round RB on the roster, a great pass receiving RB, and solid all-around RB in Pierre Thomas. They weren't going to pay Ivory with the other three backs they already have.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles View Post
    Because they have Sproles & Ingram ahead of him and Ivory's contract was coming up. Can't keep all 3 of them so they got some value.

They also still have Pierre Thomas.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

I actually like Powell too, but Ivory is an upgrade. Powell did everything solid and he might end up being needed more than we think considering the injury histories of Ivory and Goodson. Honestly, we could lose 1 of those 2 to a major injury and Powell would step right in and make us forget.

This is the deepest RB group we've had in years.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Because they have Sproles & Ingram ahead of him and Ivory's contract was coming up. Can't keep all 3 of them so they got some value.

They also still have Pierre Thomas.
    The funny thing is that the general consensus among Saints fans was to keep Ivory and to get rid of Thomas or Ingram. Honestly, I like what I've seen out of Ivory and I remember thinking last year that he would look good in a Jet uniform, particularly after watching that beast Falcons run.

Always a good sign when the other teams fan base wishes that they kept the running back we have. Ivory is a hard runner who will excel as long as he's healthy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.kffl.com/player/23292/nfl...ry/chris-ivory

He gets some knocks and dings. If he stays on the field for us I think we'll be pretty satisfied.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard and Goodson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather have Dennis Johnson han Ivory. The only injury he ever had was a ruptured bowel and that was a freak incident. Oh well. I don't even watch us draft. Its to questionable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this is the real reason for the restructuring of dbrick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oops wrong thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

You definitely are not - i am really shocked that we paid 2 backs this offseason.

I get that Ivory has some skills, but heres why I cant for the life of me understand this move.

1. Jonathon Franklin was on the board for us. A guy slotted to go in the 2nd or 3rd round and an excellent pass catcher (all time leading rusher at UCLA).

2. A 4th round RB makes about $400K, we are paying Ivory $3 million a season - that is an enormous difference.

3. We run a WCO offense predicated on RBs being able to catch - Ivory has 3 career catches.

4. We dont have a legitimate pecking order at RB now. Powell, Goodson, and Ivory are all 3-4 year veterans who have some upside but are all unproven. Bringing in a rookie would have put that player 3rd in the depth chart and let us start the year with powell and goodson sharing carries. I am all for competition, but what if Powell shows improvement again and Marty thinks he offers the most of the 3 - are we now paying a 3rd string RB over $2 million?

I really dont understand the move. There were excellent backs at a cheaper price available