Thread: just curious about our o.l.

just curious about our o.l.

whith the drafting of winters.who I think will start at left guard.who will be our starting r.g.please don't tell me it will be ducasse.with picks in the 5th,6th,and 7th rounds coming up.I hope that they pick a r.t. to replace howard.lets hear your opinions

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    whith the drafting of winters.who I think will start at left guard.who will be our starting r.g.please don't tell me it will be ducasse.with picks in the 5th,6th,and 7th rounds coming up.I hope that they pick a r.t. to replace howard.lets hear your opinions
    I would have to think that by default it's Peterman, the guy we picked up yesterday from Detroit. He started the 48 games for them.

My question is what's up with RT? Have we resigned Howard?

You guys forgetting Willie Colon? I would assume he'll start if he can stay healthy, and maybe Brandon Moore is still in play

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I would have to think that by default it's Peterman, the guy we picked up yesterday from Detroit. He started the 48 games for them.

It looks like we did. So we have Brick, Winters, Mangold, Peterman, and Howard with Colon and Ducasse as depth

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post

Howard signed his tender.... so he's on the roster. I also think he improved over the course of the year.... he'll be solid. They also have Colon.... who, if healthy, is the best guard on the roster.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Juels Santana View Post
    You guys forgetting Willie Colon? I would assume he'll start if he can stay healthy, and maybe Brandon Moore is still in play
    I agree. If Colon is heatlhy he starts. If not, with Peterman and Winters, they finally have a little bit of depth on the OL.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think as of now it's...

D'Brick - Winters/Ducasse - Mangold - Colon - Howard

Not bad. Not really great, but not horrible.

I think next year is when we use a high pick (2nd) on a RT.

Peterman just might be worse than Ducasse, still need to look for viable options.

With 5th round Guard, the Jets just solidified the OL

All Pro
    Stacked.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Oday 8th best tackle on Tony's board

I had Winters as the 4th best RT option behind Long, Fluker, and Watson. I think he challenges Howard. Looser gives us a Viable BU either way. 1st year OL rarely make a line better. Odey fell because of his combine. He will compete with Vlad Caleb, and Colon. May very well end up on our PS for one year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Peterman gave up more QB hurries than ANY other Guard in the NFL last year. Don't be shocked if he's cut before the season starts unless he has some value we don't know about such as being a capable backup Center which make him valuable due to versatility.

I think our days of carrying 6/7 linemen on the active roster are done. Thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Peterman gave up more QB hurries than ANY other Guard in the NFL last year. Don't be shocked if he's cut before the season starts unless he has some value we don't know about such as being a capable backup Center which make him valuable due to versatility.
    I saw that stat on Peterman also. He's there to provide veteran competition to Winters and/or as a Colon backup plan. If Winters steps up, and Colon stays healthy, I too wouldn't be surprised to see Peterman gone. He doesn't sound very good.

peterman is camp fodder

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    petrman will never make it through jets camp.he is stricktly a camp fodder