Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: GRUDEN

  1. #1

    GRUDEN

    I see him as the next HC of the Jets after this year....he really liked Geno Smith and has worked with Marty M....seamless transition...I also think there is somewhat of a connection between him and Idzik...something to consider.

  2. #2
    Unless we go 0-16 Rex isn't going anywhere.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Gruden should have been OC / Asst HC when Jets traded for Favre

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Unless we go 0-16 Rex isn't going anywhere.
    Most of the Jet/Rex/Sanchez "band wagoners" jumped off a while ago. If we still have Rex as HC in 2014, tons of loyal fans will hit the bricks.
    As with Sanchez, folks just can't watch the "s hit show" any more.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,326
    Gruden didn't even think Smith was the best QB in the draft. He was really high on Nassib.

    Dump.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Gruden should have been OC / Asst HC when Jets traded for Favre
    Wasn't he the head coach of Tampa still and lobbying for them to get Favre???

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Wasn't he the head coach of Tampa still and lobbying for them to get Favre???
    Yea, think he was fired that season, remember him on ESPN talking about Favre on the Jets, could tell he wanted him

    edit:

    Packers traded Favre to the Jets on August 7, 2008

    Jon Gruden was fired by the Buccaneers on January 16, 2009

    So Gruden as OC or even HC keeps Favre and avoids drafting Sanchez...
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 04-27-2013 at 12:41 PM.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Most of the Jet/Rex/Sanchez "band wagoners" jumped off a while ago. If we still have Rex as HC in 2014, tons of loyal fans will hit the bricks.
    As with Sanchez, folks just can't watch the "s hit show" any more.
    If they do they weren't fans anyway. No one is hitting the road because Rex is the coach.

    People in the stands don't *****, moan, whine and cry like they do here.

  10. #10
    I'm not sure what you are talking about in the OP. Gruden destroyed Geno Smith on Day 1, saying he fumbled too much, missed easy TD passes, and had his yardage and completion % numbers inflated thanks to Tavon Austin creating YAC after perimeter screens and short passes. There's no denying there is great upside with Smith but he is obviously raw.

  11. #11
    While I don't agree with the OP, it would be similar to Gruden's tenure in TB.

    Join a team that is already strong defensively and use your offensive expertise to put the team over the top.

    Not saying it would/should happen, but I'd certainly sign up for it

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If they do they weren't fans anyway. No one is hitting the road because Rex is the coach.

    People in the stands don't *****, moan, whine and cry like they do here.
    Your entire posting history here consists of a single continuous stream of b1tching, moaning and whining about about your fellow posters. That and being spectacularly wrong about almost everything having to do with the Jets. You are deeply unpleasant to be around. Give me half a dozen DWC2's, sg3's or even Ray's before one of you.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    IIRC, Gruden fired all of the TB front office his second year, including

    I don't see Chucky coming here.

    In fact, watching the first two picks last night, tells me they are allowing Rex to fully implement his 46 D, which I has to say we are a Safety away from being dominant.

    If Geno ends up starting, I think he will elevate the play of Hill and with the additions along the OL and RB, I don't think we are going to be as bad as we would have been going with Sanchez and Garrard at QB.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Your entire posting history here consists of a single continuous stream of b1tching, moaning and whining about about your fellow posters. That and being spectacularly wrong about almost everything having to do with the Jets. You are deeply unpleasant to be around. Give me half a dozen DWC2's, sg3's or even Ray's before one of you.
    I'm wrong?

    Coming from someone consistently wrong as you? Because you have an issue with me not believing that Jets fans will run away because Rex is coaching the team? If they're winning they aren't going anywhere. If they're not and don't have talent its not because of Rex. But wait, this is a post that was a shining example of me arguing with others? A way of proving that my entire history is a b1tch fest? And to once again prove your point youre going to b1tch, moan and whine about my posts? Thats ironic. Hint, it would be smart to pick a post where I'm actually b1tching to make the point. Not one where I just flat out disagree. As is anyones right.

    But yeah, those who whine and moan all the time, scream SOJ at every turn, I have an issue with it.

    If you want to whine like a girl on a public forum about everything the team does that you don't agree with, don't cry even more when someone points out that you're whining.

    Not sure what any of this has to do with the point about Rex. Please, show me where I jumped on Boro, moaned or whined. Other than this is just another opportunity for you to jump on what I write. Still waiting on you for the last time when you pulled this same reply to me after attributing a post to me that I didn't write. Asked you to find it and you couldn't.

    And really, the over the top criticism and comparisons is silly.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 04-27-2013 at 01:13 PM.

  15. #15
    Gruden is overrated

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us