View Poll Results: Was the right move to take Geno in 2nd or go with another player and then QB in 3?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right move to take Geno in 2nd. Best QB available.

46 70.77%
  • Should have taken a another position in 2nd, and then a QB in 3rd.

19 29.23%

Thread: Would you rather have had Barkley/Nassib in Round 3 instead of Geno in 2?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Would you rather have had Barkley/Nassib in Round 3 instead of Geno in 2?

The Jets could have gone with an OG, WR or other player Round 2 then taken a QB in Round 3.

Poll coming.

Geno is the only qb in the draft that played at a level that made him look like a truly great prospect for the first half of the season. Yes he fell apart in the 2nd half but I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the draft. I also am content with Brian winters. Let's resign Braylon and move on.

I would have rather they picked anything other than a quarterback in this draft regardless of the round. Smith benefitted from the system he played in, all his passes were little dump-offs required no need to read defenses. He's gonna bust out in NFL and this will have been a waste of essentially a lower 1st round pick in terms of quality. The Jets had needs, they ignored those needs and chose this crybaby who threatened to hold out at draft day. The 13th pick of the 1st round made little sense, but the 4th pick of the 2nd round was absolutely assinine.

The Jets get a solid "D" so far in this draft because they've once again made no sense in what they are doing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I would have rather they picked anything other than a quarterback in this draft regardless of the round. Smith benefitted from the system he played in, all his passes were little dump-offs required no need to read defenses. He's gonna bust out in NFL and this will have been a waste of essentially a lower 1st round pick in terms of quality. The Jets had needs, they ignored those needs and chose this crybaby who threatened to hold out at draft day. The 13th pick of the 1st round made little sense, but the 4th pick of the 2nd round was absolutely assinine.

The Jets get a solid "D" so far in this draft because they've once again made no sense in what they are doing.
    You get a solid f for being the worst poster here. .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Selecting a quarterback WHEN YOU CAN'T PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK!

AAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

It never changes with the Jets... It absolutely never changes.

All Pro
    Wasn't a fan of any of the QBs in this draft, but you gotta take the guy you believe in. Clearly the Jets (and many others) think Geno was the best QB in the draft, so that's the guy you have to take.

All League
    No brainer.

Geno in 2 was great.

By not taking him in the first, he gets classified in the Clausen/Kaepernick/Brohm category of QBs. If he plays well, great. If not, the Jets can move on without major penalties.

Problem is that he's another big personality. Tebow, Holmes, Sanchez, Rex......Smith? Lets see how this works out. Still not warm to it.

Should have a 3rd category in the poll: no QB this year.

I would stick with my wish list.

#9 G Chance Warmack
    #10 TE Tyler Eifert
    #39 WR Robert Woods
    #72 QB Landry Jones

Jets Insider VIP
    No

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post

#9 G Chance Warmack
    #10 TE Tyler Eifert
    #39 WR Robert Woods
    #72 QB Landry Jones
    Hi Bob! Long time!

I would have rather they selected Mike Glennon

Man, you're a hard grader. We get 3 out of Gil Brandt's top 15 players available, and you give them a "D".

What does Idzik have to do to get a "B"?

6) Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    Milliner is a very good blitzer; he reminds me of Pittsburgh Steelers CB Ike Taylor when he comes off the corner. He's also very instinctive. There are guys who can cover but aren't instinctive; for example, they don't time their jumps right, giving their man room to make a play. You don't see Milliner letting that kind of thing happen.

7) Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    I've watched this young man grow and mature over the past year as a player and a person, and he's left a very good impression on me. He used to be kind of a shy guy, but when you talk to him now, he comes across as much more authoritative. I don't question his work habits and I know he has a strong arm and good accuracy. He's also been very durable. Anyone who doubts him should just pop in tape of West Virginia's 2012 Orange Bowl matchup against Clemson, during which Smith logged six touchdown passes.

15) Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    One thing I really like about Richardson: When I asked him why he went to junior college, he told me it was because he didn't pay enough attention to academics in high school, and he said he'd learned his lesson. It stands out when a guy owns up to something like that. He's also strong, long-armed, athletic and quick, and he plays hard.

64) Brian Winters, OG, Kent State (no write up)

link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ll-draft-class

Jets Insider VIP

one grade higher than YOUR grade in posting

Geno was a great pick in 2nd round. Wouldn't change it

Barkley or Nassib? Where's the HELL NO option?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post

#9 G Chance Warmack
    #10 TE Tyler Eifert
    #39 WR Robert Woods
    #72 QB Landry Jones
    I don't know much about Landry but would've loved if we came away with those first three picks. Still can't believe we took a cornerback and a DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I don't know much about Landry but would've loved if we came away with those first three picks. Still can't believe we took a cornerback and a DT
    Pittsburgh drafted Landry and they know QB's. Bill Polian had Landry Jones as the best QB in the draft and Bill Polian knows QB's (Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning). Landry Jones had a bit of the same problem that Sanchez had, in 2011, he was an elite QB and was in the Heisman discussion. He decided to stay for his senior year because his wife was a member of the OU womens basketball team. In his best year he had All-American WR Ryan Broyles and All American RB DeMarcus Murray who was one of, if not the best pass catching RB's. Boyles tore up a knee and Murray was drafted by the Cowboys. His stats suffered last year as the Sooners lost three receivers in preseason and scrambled to bring in transfers and red shirt freshmen. The Sooners went into the red zone Bulldozer formation run in all short yardage and goal line sets.by a Tim Tebow clone backup QB Blake Bell. Landry Jones willl be a capable Steeler backup and ready to play if Big Ben gets hurt. Here's a clip on the Bulldozer formation that was unstoppable but caused Landry Jones TD and passing stats to drop. Bell who only came in in short yardage and inside the ten remarkably led OU in TD's:

http://www.examiner.com/video/blake-bell-the-belldozer

PS I am a lifelong Jet and Sooner fan.
    Last edited by rajensen088; 04-27-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    You get a solid f for being the worst poster here. .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    No, that's SAR