Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Tebow or Garrard?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Tebow or Garrard?

    The team will only carry 3 QBs in the regular season and the only lock right now is Geno. I think Sanchez stays and rides the bench simply bc of the cap trouble cutting him would cause. McElroy is not eligible for the P-Squad I think and Simms is a camp body. So that leaves Timmy and Garrard for the other backup QB spot provided they go with Geno. So who do you take? I think I might be leaning towards Tebow on this one.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    This can't be a serious question. Of the 2 choices, there's only 1 legit QB. Not even going to bother saying who.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow isn't a NFL QB.

  4. #4
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard. Would like geno to learn from garrard this year and start next year. Not sure who I would prefer out of tebow or Sanchez

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard - Smith - McElroy. Not opposed to keeping Tebow as a utility player if he will accept it.

    Sanchez is gone IMO - traded today for a future comp pick (7th rounder if he leads a team to the SB type deal) or cut in the near future.

    Garrard is the mentor for Smith - McElroy is his future caddy. Got to keep them both.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will be cut stop it with this. Geno, Garrard, and Tebow will likely be our line up. Yeah people harp on Tebow but it is very likely he is on this team unless he is traded. If he is it will be 6-7 round and I'll say we use that pick for Tuel or Brad Sorensen.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard for sure. If im a CFL fan I wouldn't even want him on my team he can't throw or play QB.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah people harp on Tebow but it is very likely he is on this team unless he is traded.
    How do you trade someone that NO ONE wants?

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    For crying out loud, anyone who still wants Tbow on this team needs to pull thier head out of.........
    Please stop with this foolishness.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow over Garrard.

    Tebow over Sanchez.

    Tebow over Geno.


    FOR A VERY GOOD REASON: Because whoever the QB is behind this woeful line had either better be able to run for his life or take a series of bone-shattering hits and still come up ready to play... There is only one quarterback on the Jets right now who can do that, and that is Tim Tebow.


    The first shot Garrard takes, he's done for the year. The first shot Sanchez takes, he'll be having flashbacks of the last 4 years and crawl back into his shell. The first shot Geno takes, he'll be wishing he avoided the draft and went into used car sales instead. The first shot Tebow takes, he'll just smile, lower his shoulder and run the damned defender over!


    Tebow must start for the Jets. None of the other girls are ready for this level of competition.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,605
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Tebow over Garrard.

    Tebow over Sanchez.

    Tebow over Geno.


    FOR A VERY GOOD REASON: Because whoever the QB is behind this woeful line had either better be able to run for his life or take a series of bone-shattering hits and still come up ready to play... There is only one quarterback on the Jets right now who can do that, and that is Tim Tebow.


    The first shot Garrard takes, he's done for the year. The first shot Sanchez takes, he'll be having flashbacks of the last 4 years and crawl back into his shell. The first shot Geno takes, he'll be wishing he avoided the draft and went into used car sales instead. The first shot Tebow takes, he'll just smile, lower his shoulder and run the damned defender over!


    Tebow must start for the Jets. None of the other girls are ready for this level of competition.
    Why so serious?

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Tebow over Garrard.

    Tebow over Sanchez.

    Tebow over Geno.


    FOR A VERY GOOD REASON: Because whoever the QB is behind this woeful line had either better be able to run for his life or take a series of bone-shattering hits and still come up ready to play... There is only one quarterback on the Jets right now who can do that, and that is Tim Tebow.


    The first shot Garrard takes, he's done for the year. The first shot Sanchez takes, he'll be having flashbacks of the last 4 years and crawl back into his shell. The first shot Geno takes, he'll be wishing he avoided the draft and went into used car sales instead. The first shot Tebow takes, he'll just smile, lower his shoulder and run the damned defender over!


    Tebow must start for the Jets. None of the other girls are ready for this level of competition.
    Just stop posting. Tebow is the worst QB in the NFL.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Garrard
    Garrard ain't even makin' it out of camp dude. Garrard gets injured if a light breeze hits him in the backfield. You wanna hit the field on Day 1 with Garrard? He'll never make it... No way.

    Sanchez will be gone.

    You really wanna throw this kid Geno to the wolves like you did with Clemens and Sanchez? Wanna make the same mistake AGAIN?


    Alright then, Tebow it is...

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Just stop posting. Tebow is the worst QB in the NFL.
    You want a high pick in the draft next year or don'tcha? Start Tebow, let the Jets win 4 or 5 games, give the kid Geno a few snaps in the last three games or so, then hit the draft board next year and get your future franchize QB...


    That's how ya do it. You throw the kid Geno in there this year behind this line and you'll "Sanchez" him too! I really don't wanna "Sanchez" anymore quarterbacks okay? Tebow will put fans in the seats no matter what the record is and Geno can get his feet wet this year. Garrard is an emergency QB just like Brunell was for a couple years.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Because whoever the QB is behind this woeful line had either better be able to run for his life or take a series of bone-shattering hits and still come up ready to play... .
    Get your head out of your 2011 backside. Jets OL was ranked 3RD in the NFL last year by PFF who you have to respect for doing their due diligence. And we just drafted a major upgrade.

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Tebow over Garrard.

    Tebow over Sanchez.

    Tebow over Geno.


    FOR A VERY GOOD REASON: Because whoever the QB is behind this woeful line had either better be able to run for his life or take a series of bone-shattering hits and still come up ready to play... There is only one quarterback on the Jets right now who can do that, and that is Tim Tebow.


    The first shot Garrard takes, he's done for the year. The first shot Sanchez takes, he'll be having flashbacks of the last 4 years and crawl back into his shell. The first shot Geno takes, he'll be wishing he avoided the draft and went into used car sales instead. The first shot Tebow takes, he'll just smile, lower his shoulder and run the damned defender over!


    Tebow must start for the Jets. None of the other girls are ready for this level of competition.
    Fn INSANE
    Please God, make Tblow go away to another team. I want my "normal" suffering life back.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Get your head out of your 2011 backside. Jets OL was ranked 3RD in the NFL last year by PFF who you have to respect for doing their due diligence. And we just drafted a major upgrade.
    You just drafted A TACKLE to play a guard spot! What are you talking about? Moore is gone, they replaced him with Colon who is a so-so guard but was one of the highest penalized players at his position last season. This line is gonna be a big problem again this year, A BIG PROBLEM.

    Whoever the QB is better be ready to run or die. Tebow knows how to run. The answer is clear.

  19. #19
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow's the worst NFL conventional quarterback and he's one of the best spread option quaterbacks.

    Geno Smith is a spread option quarterbacks.

    Jets didn't trade Tebow.

    Garrard is also a mobile quarterback.

    Mark Sanchez is not. Neither is McElroy. I can't ever predict how the Jets organization ends up doing things, but common sense says there are a couple of odd men out and now Tebow's not one of them.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Tebow's the worst NFL conventional quarterback and he's one of the best spread option quaterbacks.

    Geno Smith is a spread option quarterbacks.

    Jets didn't trade Tebow.

    Garrard is also a mobile quarterback.

    Mark Sanchez is not. Neither is McElroy. I can't ever predict how the Jets organization ends up doing things, but common sense says there are a couple of odd men out and now Tebow's not one of them.
    Sanchez is very mobile but I still think he is gone. I am rooting for Matt Scott right now. We need to draft this guy if he falls to our next pick IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us