Thread: Rookie QBs Outlook

Rookie QBs Outlook

So which rookie QB has the best year?

Manuel - Bills - He will be forced into the fire IMO on a team with what is very likely going to have the worst OL this year. Rumors have Johnson in the slot so he may be targeting 2 rookie WRs at 1 and 2 as well.

Smith - Jets - Best opportunity here. The JETS will not feel urged to rush him in because of Garrard. Good OL and an OC that can build around fast WRs and makeshift TEs. All and all he will be better then the guys they had last year so very little downside here.

Glennon - TB - Not playing over Freeman but will likely see some time do to injury IMO. If he does play wouldnt have to adjust his game much and with the targets he'd have would likely look very good.

Barkley - Philly - Chip obviously thought highly of him to trade up. Vick will struggle so he could very likely play a lot this year. My bet to to OROY he could very well beat Vick out in camp. Phillies line will be healthier then last year so it is safe to say they will be better even it Peters doesnt return 100%. Some good weapons here and he is the most pro ready guy IMO.

Nassib - NY - Will never see the field behind Manning and Carr

Wilson - Oakland - Oakland just doesnt have a lot. Wilson could very well end up starting. They have nothing else better at QB. That said there OL is average and they have almost no real play makers on O right now. I like the pick but their draft overall has been disappointing IMO.

Jones - Steelers - Who knows. Big Ben is a tough guy but has taken a beating the last few years. The Steelers went threw like 7 QBs last year. Who knows on this one.

I am going to add Matt Scott to this as well

Matt Scott - Jax - Will be behind Gabbert and Henne. Yeah Gabbert will get every chance he can. That said it shouldn't be hard for Scott to make this team and beat out Henne IMO. Maybe he ends up on the PS as he is a project but boy does he have a ton of raw ability.

Geno Smith looks about 3 inches taller than Sanchez and hes faster and has a quick release and hes more accurate. We just got the #1 QB in all of college football. This kid could be a stud in the making. Anybody not happy with the upside of this pick needs their head examined. I expect Geno to start. A simple running dink and dunk offense for beginners. Nothing too complicated. Easy decisions. A lot of running. As time goes on Mornhinweg adds plays and scemes. The kid can handle it. Geno has the best outlook by far!

The Raiders do have some talent on offense and Tyler Wilson is a very smart QB, though his arm is somewhat limited I can still see him being successful though maybe not right away. Flynn should win the job

EJ...its going to be baptism by fire. Bills fans probably realize the offense is going to be a work in progress thing, they did draft some nice talent but they'll take time to get acclimated, plus the line isn't very good. I think by 2014 they could have an explosive offense if they draft some linemen.

Barkley is actually going into a great situation, Philly has plenty of weapons. He probably won't start but the guys ahead of him are definitely on the hot seat. Had a lot of starting experience in college in a pro style system so could get acclimated quickly

Geno, well, I loved the pick but without skill players there's only so much we can expect first year. Like Barkley he has tons of college experience, and supposedly is a preparation freak so that will be a big help. He threw a LOT of screens in college, which is a big part of the WCO, but its still a new system. He could have a ton of success if our running game is renewed by Ivory/Goodson and all the OL draftees.

Glennon could start sooner than people think given that the coaching staff seems to hate Freeman for wtv reason. I think he needs a lot of polishing though, but the Tbay offense he'd be working with was potent at times last year.

Nassib was probably just drafted to eventually trade to a QB needing team. Manning isn't going anywhere for a long time, but its always good to have insurance.

Hall Of Fame
    Smith and Sanchez are listed as the same height. Although I will admit Geno looks taller b.c of his mechanics. He stand tall in the pocker. Iin contrast, Mark has a long stride which leads to a lot of his throwing problems.

I think it's between Geno and EJ. Whoever plays first will get the leg up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    So which rookie QB has the best year?

Manuel - Bills - He will be forced into the fire IMO on a team with what is very likely going to have the worst OL this year. Rumors have Johnson in the slot so he may be targeting 2 rookie WRs at 1 and 2 as well.

Smith - Jets - Best opportunity here. The JETS will not feel urged to rush him in because of Garrard. Good OL and an OC that can build around fast WRs and makeshift TEs. All and all he will be better then the guys they had last year so very little downside here.

Glennon - TB - Not playing over Freeman but will likely see some time do to injury IMO. If he does play wouldnt have to adjust his game much and with the targets he'd have would likely look very good.

Barkley - Philly - Chip obviously thought highly of him to trade up. Vick will struggle so he could very likely play a lot this year. My bet to to OROY he could very well beat Vick out in camp. Phillies line will be healthier then last year so it is safe to say they will be better even it Peters doesnt return 100%. Some good weapons here and he is the most pro ready guy IMO.

Nassib - NY - Will never see the field behind Manning and Carr

Wilson - Oakland - Oakland just doesnt have a lot. Wilson could very well end up starting. They have nothing else better at QB. That said there OL is average and they have almost no real play makers on O right now. I like the pick but their draft overall has been disappointing IMO.

Jones - Steelers - Who knows. Big Ben is a tough guy but has taken a beating the last few years. The Steelers went threw like 7 QBs last year. Who knows on this one.
    You can't say that Smith won't have to play b/c the Jets have Garrard and then turn around and say Manuel will be forced to play when they have Kolb who is as good as Garrard. That's kind of a homer stance in my opinion. Although I think both will start from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You can't say that Smith won't have to play b/c the Jets have Garrard and then turn around and say Manuel will be forced to play when they have Kolb who is as good as Garrard. That's kind of a homer stance in my opinion. Although I think both will start from day one.
    Geno wasnt a 1st rounder and there is a lot less reason to start him IMO. Buffs owner and QM where all about finding their franchise QB. Kolb and TJ have busted from 2 teams. Garrard is a seasoned starter. Yeah injury but overall you know he has the brains to play. Kolb by all accounts is scared of the blitz. Garrard is not going to make as many rookie mistakes as he will and knows how to prep. He brings a ton of questions yeah but none of which are can he run a pro O or will he make us look stupid for drafting a QB.

I really dont even expect Kolb to beat out TJ to be quite brutal about it. Yeah his QBR wasnt bad bad but if you watched him play at all last year everyone just kept saying deer in the headlights and it was true. He is pretty clueless at times when his man is locked out and the blitz is coming.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    The Raiders do have some talent on offense and Tyler Wilson is a very smart QB, though his arm is somewhat limited I can still see him being successful though maybe not right away. Flynn should win the job

EJ...its going to be baptism by fire. Bills fans probably realize the offense is going to be a work in progress thing, they did draft some nice talent but they'll take time to get acclimated, plus the line isn't very good. I think by 2014 they could have an explosive offense if they draft some linemen.

Barkley is actually going into a great situation, Philly has plenty of weapons. He probably won't start but the guys ahead of him are definitely on the hot seat. Had a lot of starting experience in college in a pro style system so could get acclimated quickly

Geno, well, I loved the pick but without skill players there's only so much we can expect first year. Like Barkley he has tons of college experience, and supposedly is a preparation freak so that will be a big help. He threw a LOT of screens in college, which is a big part of the WCO, but its still a new system. He could have a ton of success if our running game is renewed by Ivory/Goodson and all the OL draftees.

Glennon could start sooner than people think given that the coaching staff seems to hate Freeman for wtv reason. I think he needs a lot of polishing though, but the Tbay offense he'd be working with was potent at times last year.

Nassib was probably just drafted to eventually trade to a QB needing team. Manning isn't going anywhere for a long time, but its always good to have insurance.
    Our skill guys may not be great but I bet we will find that Sanchez made them look a lot worse than they are.