Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: **Jets 6th Round Draft Pick Thread**

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Bacarri Rambo was a 3 year starter in the SEC

Jakar Hamilton is a fast, underrated prospect

JJ Wilcox as well has a lot of upside as a safety.

Rambo absolutely has enough talent and experience to start immediately I dont get it
    Dude jj Wilcox got drafted by the cowboys a long time ago

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    May does not appear to like Rich E, since he apparently not separate the Jets fan from the professional broadcaster (see greenie)
    Eisen and Mayock have been bickering all weekend. It's been interesting and awkward at the same time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAIL TO THE VICTORS!!

on to round7

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    First pick I am in contention with. I don't know THAT much about this guy but I'd rather take a chance on a TE/FS/OLB at this point. He doesn't seem like the BPA on most boards so I just don't get it. Maybe they see him as a potential Chance Warmack in a conversion to guard but I don't know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Mayock going off on Jets fans
    What did he say?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Blount is clearly the better part of the deal, though he doesn't seem to have much of a chance of getting on the field much with Ridley, Vareen, and Bolden. Does he have anything left and just misused?
    Blount is the bigger prize (such as it is) in the deal, which is presumably why the Pats had to throw in a 7th as well.

Blount will compete with Bolden and has enough in the tank to beat him out. After a promising start to his Patriots career, Bolden may never have really escaped BB's doghouse after his PED suspension.

Blount was never Schiano's guy, and Schiano immediately used a first rounder on Doug Martin, who is a much more dangerous, versatile, and productive back than Blount. My guess is that Blount will make the Patriots and rush for 300-400 yards and 3-4 TD's this season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    How do you know that?
    He's not the best player according to his grade, like 10 whole points lower than those around him, not a value like previous Jet picks.
    I've watched the kid play

Different organizations have different grades on every player. What the hell is it that you don't understand about this?

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OL sucked, yet people claim it was highly rated. How was any QB supposed to function under those circumstances, not to mention zero weapons?
    Agreed 100%. Build a solid OL with no weak spots so that Smith will have a good chance not to become shell-shocked like Sanchez did. Maybe Sanchez was never meant to be, but I think the Jets learned from not addressing the OL the last 4 years in the draft (other than one single huge whiff).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    TC there is going to be competition at all positions. I like it too.
    Howard is a natural left Tackle IIRC. If one of the new guys can stake a claim to the RT spot then Howard becomes a perfect swing tackle candidate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That we gave up after the buttfumble.

All of a sudden they're all behind Sanchez and saying he should probably be the starter, could thrive in Mornigwheg's system, etc. wEird, so fickle
    Stanford's HC David Shaw was saying that..Shaw is sec.101row23 choice for the Jets next HC

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxJetFan View Post
    Agreed 100%. Build a solid OL with no weak spots so that Smith will have a good chance not to become shell-shocked like Sanchez did. Maybe Sanchez was never meant to be, but I think the Jets learned from not addressing the OL the last 4 years in the draft (other than one single huge whiff).
    Are you blaming the o line for Sanchez being awful?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hows Tyler Bray, Matt Scott and Dysert doing. These guys were all solid 4-5th QBs according to JI. I think Tinstar has us taking Bray in the 2nd?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You people do realize the Jets draft off their own board right? Not the ones on the internet.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    JJ Wilcox as well has a lot of upside as a safety.
    He better have more upside than a 6th given he went to the Cowboys in the 3rd.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morgue man View Post
    What is Mayock saying about the fans?
    Let Sanchez/Garrard start for this year and let Geno sit till next year. In other words don't be in such a hurry to get Geno in there, be patient.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna be a nice competition along the OL and DL this camp, I like it. Get the trenches in order then get the flashy skill guys later. Our offense is going to suck next year either way but hopefully the QB won't be running for his life.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Eisen and Mayock have been bickering all weekend. It's been interesting and awkward at the same time.
    They've been like that for years.....particularly about Jets related stuff like Tebow.

Eisen loves the sensationalism, Mayock loathes it......by the end of every draft weekend, they're always snipping at one another.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    You people do realize the Jets draft off their own board right? Not the ones on the internet.
    Exactly

Why people don't get this, I have no clue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OL sucked, yet people claim it was highly rated. How was any QB supposed to function under those circumstances, not to mention zero weapons?
    Oh, I agree...

IMO a not insignificant reason for Sanchez's regression was his taking a constant beating...now, part was his fault in not apparently being very good at anticipating pressure or eluding it, but the OL shares the blame.

Sanchez was never the same after that early season Baltimore game when Ngata I think hit him...i was surprised he got up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He's a Jets fan.
    Correction SOJF and a General in the chicken little brigade..