Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: **Jets 6th Round Draft Pick Thread**

Cobi Hamilton or Chase Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Not so sure about Geno, but all the other guys seem to have the right mentality.
    watch smith on gruden's qb camp and then evaluate him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Pick up Fauria or Furstenburg at TE and I'll be real happy in the 6th.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    watch smith on gruden's qb camp and then evaluate him.
    HIs behavior when not heavily prepared and practically reading from a script is more telling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    My choice here is Bacarri Rambo if he is available or JJ Wilcox. We need a safety badly.

Also would not be upset if we took brandon jenkins or kevin reddick - solid value picks at LB.

I also think aside from Swope there simply are no quality skill position guys left outside of RBs which is why I hate the Ivory move so much
    why? We drafted two guys last year that can play! We signed a vet ( Landry); we have a slew of free agents with ability! I think we have our safety positons filled already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    HIs behavior when not heavily prepared and practically reading from a script is more telling.
    this is from espn's website:

An extremely confident competitor that flashes a bit of a gun slingers mentality on tape. Weight room work ethic is adequate but can improve. Can become a bit too emotional when things are not going his way on the field. Has developed into a good leader but the in-your-face vocal aspect of leadership at the quarterback position is not completely natural to him. First guy in, last guy out type. Tremendous passion for game and work ethic. Determined to succeed. Has played big in big games and has shown ability to lead team from behind (Cincinnati and USF in 2011; and Texas and ISU in 2012). Miramar High School teammate of WR Stedman Bailey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Add Kasa
    Kasa would be the guy Id like most! If he ever puts it all together with experience he can be a winner at TE!

the one commonality among idzik's picks so far is high character. they have taken guys who are smart, hard working guys with no red flags. that's what this team needs, not more potential headaches. holmes will be gone soon.
    These are the rounds I have no problem rolling the dice on guys like that. Wish we grabbed Burfict last year too

Rookie
    Philip Lutzenkirchen, Nick Kasa, Bacarri Rambo.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Honestly I think we should be trading some picks in 2014 for picks now - and by 2014 picks I mean a 5th next year for something now.

We are going to have a lot of late picks to make up for it next year and right now you can look at Rambo as a need and then someone like Brandon Jenkins who is a ludicrous value at this point - absolutely worth a future late round pick to make a selection now.

Even kevin reddick to come in and take Harris spot next year at ILB.
    Don't forget we're in line for several compensatory picks next year.

Two Arkansas hogs : Wr Cobi Hamilton or TE Chris Gragg.

Jets Insider VIP
    this is from espn's website:

An extremely confident competitor that flashes a bit of a gun slingers mentality on tape. Weight room work ethic is adequate but can improve. Can become a bit too emotional when things are not going his way on the field. Has developed into a good leader but the in-your-face vocal aspect of leadership at the quarterback position is not completely natural to him. First guy in, last guy out type. Tremendous passion for game and work ethic. Determined to succeed. Has played big in big games and has shown ability to lead team from behind (Cincinnati and USF in 2011; and Texas and ISU in 2012). Miramar High School teammate of WR Stedman Bailey.
    The guy has a lot of talent no matter what the some arm chair GMs say. He has his flaws but he also has a lot to work with. I see some here ready to draw up sides to oppose GENO. I guess they are Suckchez lovers. Its too bad too. I'd rather hope the kid does well and is our franchise QB able to lead us to a SB victory!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Kasa would be the guy Id like most! If he ever puts it all together with experience he can be a winner at TE!
    Matt Furstenburg from Maryland...perfect TE for Geno and Morningwheg

All Pro
    Rogers is by the best offensive talent left... but there's a reason for that. Don't see it happening for the Jets. I'd rather have Sinkfield at this point!

I'm hoping we take Washington or Catapano at OLB

Still plenty of players available. Chase Thomas and Brandon Jenkins are among the best available right now. Also Da'Rick Rogers, Tony Jefferson, Cobi Hamilton & Lutzenkirchen.

I'd bet money it'd be one of those players.

One thing that is interesting. Idzik finds draft picks to be precious so he is not going to trade up for picks.

How do the Broncos go Tavarres King over Da'Rick Rogers. I saw the kid in an interview and he seems like he has really moved past his off field issues. If he falls to us in the 6th it will be hard to pass him up.

Brandon Jenkins goes to the Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Brandon Jenkins goes to the Broncos
    Dammit

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    How do the Broncos go Tavarres King over Da'Rick Rogers. I saw the kid in an interview and he seems like he has really moved past his off field issues. If he falls to us in the 6th it will be hard to pass him up.
    T King is a good player himself....Wanted the Jets to take him