Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: **Jets 7th Round Draft Pick Thread** (Make it happen Idzy!)

Jets Insider VIP
    Can he pick up a blitz?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    waste of a pick.
    Please apply for IDZIK's job. You apparently are more experienced then him and know what you are doing!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We just invested in two speed backs this offseason.

Who the f*ck wants Hilliard paving the way?

Bohanon is T-Rich dipped in white chocolate
    I'm willing to give your word the benefit of the doubt. At least hope we pick up some WRs and TEs as UDFAs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    36 reps at 225?!?! Holy S&$% i take back my comment, we just got refrigerator perry in the backfield...

Veteran

Arrow

Had 23 catches and 5 TD grabs as a FB!!!

This guy is no John Conner. He'll help the passing game. Someone for Geno Smith to check down to when our receivers don't get open.

Just read up on this guy, not bad for a 7th round pick perfect for the WCO

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Just read up on this guy, not bad for a 7th round pick perfect for the WCO
    How dare you do the intelligent thing and not just blindly bash the pick because you see the letters F and B.

All Pro
    how about you address a need, such as OLB or S when you already have a fullback on the roster? majority of teams in the NFL don't even use fullbacks. this is the problem with this team, all they want to do is run the ball. that's not how it works in the NFL these days.

i'm 100% certain this guy would have been available as a UDFA in an hour.
    I'm sure Rex is aware of the defensive needs better than you are... Bohanon is this year's Danny Woodhead.

how about you address a need, such as OLB or S when you already have a fullback on the roster? majority of teams in the NFL don't even use fullbacks. this is the problem with this team, all they want to do is run the ball. that's not how it works in the NFL these days.

i'm 100% certain this guy would have been available as a UDFA in an hour.
    Our FB has been a mess since we lost Richardson. This is the correct pick. Blocking TEs and Blocking/Pass receiving Fullbacks are unheralded, but key to running the ball and protecting your QB. We haven't had either for so long, people forget the value they bring.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 04-27-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Hopefully there are some TEs and WRs. Maybe the kid from Rutgers, Harrison will want to stay close to home if he is not drafted.
    Wouldn't mind it. Lets not forget, camps are coming up and there is ALWAYS a cut or two that makes some noise. I'm confident, for the first time in a while, that were doing what's best with our picks.

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    How dare you do the intelligent thing and not just blindly bash the pick because you see the letters F and B.
    RBs at the Combine: No elite ball carrier in NFL draft

Tony Pauline, Special for USA TODAY Sports

Risers
    Tommy Bohanon, Wake Forest: Bohanon's 40-yard dash time of 4.88 seconds is uninspiring, but the lead blocker looked athletic during position drills. He's exceptionally quick for a 246-pound fullback and was one of the better pass catchers from his group. Bohanon will be a solid middle-round choice for a West Coast offense.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...backs/1944293/

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I'm sure Rex is aware of the defensive needs better than you are... Bohanon is this year's Danny Woodhead.
    I'm cool with that.. if McKnight's gone and we choose to keep Bohanon over Reuland.

Bohanon can be this year's Josh Baker (if he didn't get injured).

This is a GREAT pick, especially for the type of West Coast offense that they're gonna run.
    The different pistol formations that Geno ran in college need players like this that can have the threat to run/block/catch on any given play.

Tony Pauline has a 5th Round grade on him:

Positive: Tough, hard-nosed lead blocker also produces as a pass catcher out of the backfield. Bends his knees, plays with leverage, and shows good footwork in pass protection. Possesses outstanding blocking vision, squares into opponents, and strong at the point of attack. Works hard to finish blocks and gives a lot of effort. Terrific pass catcher out of the backfield and consistently makes the reception with his hands.

Negative: Shows limited speed. Really doesn E(TM)t finish blocks. Rarely asked to carry the ball.

Analysis: Bohanon is a big lead blocker with potential as a traditional fullback or in a West Coast offense. He offers a well-developed game and has starting potential in the right system.

Probably could move the FB out in the TE position in the spread offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I'm cool with that.. if McKnight's gone and we choose to keep Bohanon over Reuland.

Bohanon can be this year's Josh Baker (if he didn't get injured).
    Bohanon will be way better than Baker

Kid has the talent to be one of the best FB's in the league in the very near future.

I can't believe DC Jefferson was just taken and Jamison is still on the board.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Senny View Post
    This is a GREAT pick, especially for the type of West Coast offense that they're gonna run.
    The different pistol formations that Geno ran in college need players like this that can have the threat to run/block/catch on any given play.
    Great post.

And Bohannon had a better 60-yd shuttle time than a few RB's that were picked two rounds above him. Guy sounds like a player. And - we all say you can't get a starter in the 7th round - you can if it's a FB.

All League
    Like it. Lex Hilliard sucks.