Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: **Jets 7th Round Draft Pick Thread** (Make it happen Idzy!)

All League
    The terminator with hands?

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    At WF Bohanon, caught 23 passes for 7 TDs senior year. Morninweg uses FB as pass catcher often. Schlesinger (DET) had big numbers in MM off

Jets Insider VIP
    Kiper, Polian and McShay all love it

You can line the kid up at TE as well

Like this dude, adds a nice dimension to the offense. Basically the H-back type role that they tried to shoehorn Tebow into.

They showed video of him at TE and in the slot. That's pretty good. Great lead blocker too.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Kiper, Polian and McShay all love it

You can line the kid up at TE as well
    That's what I thought. Line the kid up a TE

Bohanon will be way better than Baker

Kid has the talent to be one of the best FB's in the league in the very near future.
    Nice, hope it's true.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Analysis
    StrengthsSees snaps from single back, I formation, and pistol. Decisive upfield cuts to continue forward momentum. Sees front side lanes even if run calls for different gap. Determined runner, little wasted movement, makes a choice and sticks to it. Refuses to go down on first contact, takes some big hits because of it. Patient on zone read and sticks with mesh point. Always churning his legs, that's his best quality, never stops. Rarely anything fancy. Protects the football confidently and absorbs contact. Has enough long speed to sustain.

Weaknesses Runs a bit upright, arms flailing to keep balance on occasion. Rarely looks back side for cut back lanes. Eyes can be bigger than stomach in terms of hurdling tacklers in the open field. Does not possess break away speed. Lacks creative quickness to create when stopped behind the line of scrimmage.
    NFL ComparisonAlfred Morris

Veteran
    NFL Comparison Alfred Morris

Well, that's certainly worth getting excited about . . .

Someone please take Matt Scott. If he ends up in Seattle or SF I am going to need an asprin.

the most encouraging part about the offensive selections is that there appears to be an offensive system in place to draft players to fit the system. not only is it clear that rex isn't picking the players, but marty's blueprint is all over rounds 2 through 7. the FB they draft can catch. the linemen are smart and tough. the qb has a quick release. the two new rbs can catch and have speed. every single piece they added on offense fits the WCO.

and ironically, this reality is basically the only thing that can save rex's job. if rex were smart he'd monitor the offense but let the offensive staff do its thing and mentor smith. kudos to idzik for getting the qb they wanted but also shoring up the offensive line and getting some rbs who can get yards. now the rbs and fb can catch, and i have to say having greene and connor hurt sanchez as much as the wr/te injuries b/c defenses didn't have to account for them in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the most encouraging part about the offensive selections is that there appears to be an offensive system in place to draft players to fit the system. not only is it clear that rex isn't picking the players, but marty's blueprint is all over rounds 2 through 7. the FB they draft can catch. the linemen are smart and tough. the qb has a quick release. the two new rbs can catch and have speed. every single piece they added on offense fits the WCO.

and ironically, this reality is basically the only thing that can save rex's job. if rex were smart he'd monitor the offense but let the offensive staff do its thing and mentor smith. kudos to idzik for getting the qb they wanted but also shoring up the offensive line and getting some rbs who can get yards. now the rbs and fb can catch, and i have to say having greene and connor hurt sanchez as much as the wr/te injuries b/c defenses didn't have to account for them in the passing game.
    It will be nice to have a blocking FB right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Who will be Mr Irrelevant? I'm saying David Bass
    Damn you Oakland. OK Nate Montana just cuz

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    how about you address a need, such as OLB or S when you already have a fullback on the roster? majority of teams in the NFL don't even use fullbacks. this is the problem with this team, all they want to do is run the ball. that's not how it works in the NFL these days.

I'm 100% certain this guy would have been available as a UDFA in an hour.
    I'm 100% certain that you have no idea what you are talking about and 100% certain that you would ***** no matter who they selected.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    waste of a pick.
    Seems EVERY PICK is a "waste of a pick" to some jets fans.

I'll trust in Idzik that he knows what he's doing UNTIL proven otherwise....

We just invested in two speed backs this offseason.

Who the f*ck wants Hilliard paving the way?

Bohanon is T-Rich dipped in white chocolate

THAT'S WAY-CIST!!!
    Last edited by Vin; 04-27-2013 at 07:04 PM.