Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for the inevitable "F" draft grade?

Are you ready for the inevitable "F" draft grade?

you know its coming so everyone chill, take a deep breath and relax...

Yes but screw the experts. They are wrong quite a bit.

All League
    I don't think so...

Listening to the draft on XM today, Brandt and the other host were complementary to the Jets...they both liked our draft saying we got the top prospect at each of our first 3 picks...and they loved the Winter pick too.

Hall Of Fame
    Meh...

Now they're all saying that we're "having a good draft- except for Geno"

.........after they spent weeks talking about how great Geno Smith is.
    They're pissed because we may have finally gotten a real QB, and that scares all of those Kraft assuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Yes but screw the experts. They are wrong quite a bit.
    I heard we got a B in 2010. I sure trust the experts

All League
    i think seattle got some f's last year

saw how that turned

post draft grades are the stupidest, wait 3 years and see how guys actually perform

Except for the Cardinals 2003 draft, when they took Calvin Pace and Bryant Johnson back-to-back, I don't think any draft analyst in the history of the NFL draft has given a team with two first round picks anything less than a "B".

I think they will give us a C+. Look at some of the other drafts. Browns had one good pick Mingo and that was a non need. Buff took Manuel and 2 rookie WRs to start. Chicago took Kyle Long in the 1st. Dallas took a C. Yeah we arent getting the normal Philly A. Which yes every year they get an A and they havent had a good draft in like 8 years. We should be far from the whooping boy this year IMO. We took 4 players that most had in their top 50 and grabs a good RB in trade.

All League
    Not happening...Most likely B-, C+ range.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    you know its coming so everyone chill, take a deep breath and relax...
    screw the experts. I think we had a pretty solid draft. Very happy about Milner, Geno, RB trade for 4th. We got 2 Guards to bolster the line and a beast a DT... I like it, hope these guys work out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    screw the experts. I think we had a pretty solid draft. Very happy about Milner, Geno, RB trade for 4th. We got 2 Guards to bolster the line and a beast a DT... I like it, hope these guys work out.
    We are fans and I agree with the screw the experts on anything negative.

No one is going to give us an F. We'll be seeing mostly Bs, with a few Cs mixed in.

All League
    I would actually find it hard to believe that anyone can give us an F after looking at the entire draft.

I gave us an F after the first round because I thought we needed upgrades on offense so bad that is superseded needs on defense.

After lucking out and having Geno fall into our laps, all the OL upgrades, and the Ivory trade, I felt better.

Now looking at Wilson probably moving to FS, and the Jets playing a lot of 4-3, the first round looks a lot better.

So with we have Milliner, Richardson, Smith, and Winter starting, and a trade that netted us our starting RB, any media outlet giving us an F is just trying to get hits.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No one is giving us a F.

Why is our fanbase so friggen negative?

And so overly concerned with what someone who knows no more than you has to say.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 04-27-2013 at 05:49 PM.

All Pro
    whatshernameI started off by giving the Jets an F in another thread-
    SOJFs flock to that negative vibe like flies on sherbet

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    I don't think so...

Listening to the draft on XM today, Brandt and the other host were complementary to the Jets...they both liked our draft saying we got the top prospect at each of our first 3 picks...and they loved the Winter pick too.
    Agreed.

I'm hearing grades in the C----B range.

I can't possibly see any pundit going below a B. If you include Ivory we got 5 possible starters this weekend. While I have alot of questions about Geno, the same pundits that rated him as a low to mid first rounder can't kill us for taking him seven picks or thereabout into the second round!(although the hipocrites probably will anyway)

Jets Insider VIP
    We drafted 3 top 15 prospects. We got a third rounder in the fifth. 2 possible starters on the O-line this year. Plus depth. Far from an F