Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets acquired serious depth on the OL/DL this week

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    I bet Winters beats out Howard for starting RT spot...watch.

Aboushi takes over at one G spot, or Aboushi, Peterman and Colon fight it out for the 2 OG spots.

I think the NYJ want Winters or Aboushi to push Howard.
    Me too. All this competition should be very good for the team going forward. Howard like almost all the starters from last year has to give his honest best, and then some.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot recall the last time I anticipated a Jets training camp....players will be competing at the highest level....this bodes well for the JETS...so man yyoung talented players with a nice sprinkling of veterans...both on the O AND D lines.

Quote Originally Posted by DRevis24 View Post
    i love this... bring in aboushi to compete with howard...bring in winters colon and peterson to compete for 2 guard spots and to help groom campbell to take over next year.. COMPETITION ALL AROUND!!! i love it, nobody will be handed a job

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Moore has had good games; however, I would not call him one of the better guards. He has good technique but has lost quickness and strength to be considered above average at this time.
    Brandon Moore was selected to the Pro Bowl last year. He wasn't resigned because he was too expensive and the Jets management is committed to rid themselves of expensive players. He's still a free agent:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ore_earns.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prediction is our starting OL will look like this.

LT-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG-Brian Winters
    C-Nick Mangold
    RG-Willie Colon
    RT-Austin Howard

I think Brian Winters will be better than Matt Slauson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    For everyone saying "competition at every position", are we sure Rex is going to be that open-minded? Past history suggests Rex has "his guys", which is one of the knocks some fans have against him.

I'm not an anti-Rex guy -- I'm hoping he maximizes the defense while MM vastly improves the offense. If anything, MM will hopefully be making the offensive decisions, which would leave loyalty out of the equation since he just got here.

I'm just not sure it's a given that the best player will automatically be the starter in 2013 . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    My prediction is our starting OL will look like this.

LT-D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG-Brian Winters
    C-Nick Mangold
    RG-Willie Colon
    RT-Austin Howard

I think Brian Winters will be better than Matt Slauson.
    Considering Gil Brandt had Winters ranked as his 58th best player out of 100 college prospects, I would say Winters will be WAY BETTER than Slausen.
    Personally, I never liked Slausen, never seems to get any push, and was actually pretty bad when you consider he was playing between 2 pro bowlers in Dbrick & Mangold.
    We couldn't even run between the tackles going left.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan wants to keep his job...he wants to win....best players will EARN those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    For everyone saying "competition at every position", are we sure Rex is going to be that open-minded? Past history suggests Rex has "his guys", which is one of the knocks some fans have against him.

I'm not an anti-Rex guy -- I'm hoping he maximizes the defense while MM vastly improves the offense. If anything, MM will hopefully be making the offensive decisions, which would leave loyalty out of the equation since he just got here.

I'm just not sure it's a given that the best player will automatically be the starter in 2013 . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    forgot about him...so assuming Winters can start, and Colon is healthy we should be able to run the ball and protect.

Howard (underrated, up and coming)
    Colon
    Mangold
    Winters
    Brick

+ depth which we have not had in the past and some dynamic RB's...sign me up.
    That is how I see the line developing also, with Colon at RG, With Peterman backing him up. Aboushi, I see as a RT prospect. Colon also played RT for years for the steelers. Maybe peterman can swing from right to left.