Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets acquired serious depth on the OL/DL this week

Jets acquired serious depth on the OL/DL this week

The Jets went from missing out on Warmack and Cooper (of which i was pissed) to adding some serious depth at the O-line position:

Winters
    Campbell
    Aboushi
    Peterman
    Colon

With Howard, Brick and Mangold, there's serious depth here.

Richardson on the D-line.

It's clearer what they're doing. I still don't like the Geno pick, but I understand why. Give Idzik a couple of years. Give Rex less.
    Last edited by John_0515; 04-27-2013 at 05:24 PM.

I am still concerned about TE and S, but i am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for the cuts to take place before making judgements.

Who starts on the OL?

Howard
    ??
    Mangold
    Winters
    Brick

Aboushi was projected a 2/3 round pick...but i think we'd prob see Ducasse start before he does.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I am still concerned about TE and S, but i am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for the cuts to take place before making judgements.

Who starts on the OL?

Howard
    ??
    Mangold
    Winters
    Brick

Aboushi was projected a 2/3 round pick...but i think we'd prob see Ducasse start before he does.
    Colon will play guard

Jets Insider VIP

Who starts on the OL?

Howard
    ??
    Mangold
    Winters
    Brick

Colon or Peterman.

All Pro
    Maybe they like Josh Bush and Antonio Allen to step in an play at Safety this year.

so is campbell a guard or a d-lineman. still confused.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Colon or Peterman.
    forgot about him...so assuming Winters can start, and Colon is healthy we should be able to run the ball and protect.

Howard (underrated, up and coming)
    Colon
    Mangold
    Winters
    Brick

+ depth which we have not had in the past and some dynamic RB's...sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Maybe they like Josh Bush and Antonio Allen to step in an play at Safety this year.
    maybe. i think Bush could be something as far as an every down S, Allan has shown flashes but i think he might be a situational player.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    so is campbell a guard or a d-lineman. still confused.
    Sounds like Campbell will be a guard. Brandon Moore did pretty well for a DL converted to guard. Hopefully this guy will make the transition too, just might be a while before he is ready to contribute.

All Pro
    maybe. i think Bush could be something as far as an every down S, Allan has shown flashes but i think he might be a situational player.
    I agree. I think at this point, Bush will have to be every down Safety, hopefully he is ready for that role.

All League

Who starts on the OL?

Howard
    ??
    Mangold
    Winters
    Brick

I bet Winters beats out Howard for starting RT spot...watch.

Aboushi takes over at one G spot, or Aboushi, Peterman and Colon fight it out for the 2 OG spots.

I think the NYJ want Winters or Aboushi to push Howard.

why not bring in Moore to mentor the young guys for a year? he cant be looking for that much $$...and he is still one of the better guards.

Veteran
    Don't forget to include the Stephen Peterman signing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Don't forget to include the Stephen Peterman signing as well.
    it's as if they want the two veterans to start this year while they groom the other 2 guys to start next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    why not bring in Moore to mentor the young guys for a year? he cant be looking for that much $$...and he is still one of the better guards.
    Moore has had good games; however, I would not call him one of the better guards. He has good technique but has lost quickness and strength to be considered above average at this time.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's a two year process, it starts in the pits.

I think they drafted one too many OL players and missed out on Brandon Jenkins in the 5th. This team still lacks a good OLB edge rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Sounds like Campbell will be a guard. Brandon Moore did pretty well for a DL converted to guard. Hopefully this guy will make the transition too, just might be a while before he is ready to contribute.
    the Jets did this once before with Ron Farote and that was a disaster. But maybe this will work

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The Jets went from missing out on Warmack and Cooper (of which i was pissed) to adding some serious depth at the O-line position:

Winters
    Campbell
    Aboushi
    Peterman
    Colon

With Howard, Brick and Mangold, there's serious depth here.

Richardson on the D-line.

It's clearer what they're doing. I still don't like the Geno pick, but I understand why. Give Idzik a couple of years. Give Rex less.

You conspiracy theorist Rex haters are grasping for straws

To think that the front office is out to sabotage Ryan is pure crap and idiocy!

i love this... bring in aboushi to compete with howard...bring in winters colon and peterson to compete for 2 guard spots and to help groom campbell to take over next year.. COMPETITION ALL AROUND!!! i love it, nobody will be handed a job