Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about the Jets Picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson and Geno will be the keys to the draft for the Jets. I would have taken Eifert over Richardson. Trying to keep an open mind with Richardson but I just don't see it.

I think Milliner will be turn into a Top 10 CB. Winters and Oboushi will become starters so that eases the sting of not taking Warmack.

We still have ZERO edge rushers and TEs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate how we used our first round picks, that kinda killed the draft for me. Wish I was excited as everyone else

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Richardson and Geno will be the keys to the draft for the Jets. I would have taken Eifert over Richardson. Trying to keep an open mind with Richardson but I just don't see it.

I think Milliner will be turn into a Top 10 CB. Winters and Oboushi will become starters so that eases the sting of not taking Warmack.

This guy gets it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've already signed Shanahan and Pantale

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

They just signed 2 TE's as UDFA's so scratch that. Plus the FB/HB they drafted out of Wake in the seventh round has the ability to line up in the TE slot.

And Antwan Barnes does fill the role of a LB that can rush the passer. So to say zero edge rushers is misleading.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 04-27-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Hate how we used our first round picks, that kinda killed the draft for me. Wish I was excited as everyone else
    I wanted Warmack..... Short of that, we did pretty OK.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    This has to be looked at as a two year project/draft. Looked at from that perspective we didn't do bad. We have less holes this year and will be ready to pounce next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOVE IT

- Best CB in the draft

- Arguably the best interior DL in the draft

- Best QB in the draft

- 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential

- Chris Ivory

- A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential

- And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well

Idzik is the f*cking man!
    Agreed, I'm excited to see everyone suited up in training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie
    On another note anyone else think we got Estes from Homeland at pick no 39?
    Lol, good call

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This guy gets it.
    If we move to the 4-3 which is something we seem to be doing what do you call coples and wilk??? The jets dline has a chance to be dominant up the middle and on the edges. We do not have any 3-4 olbs but we do have 4-3 dends that can rush.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I wanted Warmack..... Short of that, we did pretty OK.
    Being honest, I had some doubts about Warmack. He seems fat and unathletic which doesn't fit the WCO. He's a good run blocker but pass blocking?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Being honest, I had some doubts about Warmack. He seems fat and unathletic which doesn't fit the WCO. He's a good run blocker but pass blocking?
    Ive forgotten all about him. I'm full speed ahead on this draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4877024]I wanted Warmack..... Short of that, we did pr
    90% of JI posters wanted him. You read enough posts and you say WTF are they doing.LOL

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they're fantastic! Another great draft next year' clear up a bunch of cap space, and we're back in business.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    If we move to the 4-3 which is something we seem to be doing what do you call coples and wilk??? The jets dline has a chance to be dominant up the middle and on the edges. We do not have any 3-4 olbs but we do have 4-3 dends that can rush.
    Neither Wilkerson nor Coples are 4-3 DEs. I guess that means I call them 3-4 ends. Care to tell me what you call them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They just signed 2 TE's as UDFA's so scratch that. Plus the FB/HB they drafted out of Wake in the seventh round has the ability to line up in the TE slot.

And Antwan Barnes does fill the role of a LB that can rush the passer. So to say zero edge rushers is misleading.
    If your point is that we have people at those positions currently on the roster then you are correct.

If your point is that they are any good then you are pipe dreaming. Barnes is the only one with a glimmer of hope.

Our TEs scare no one and we lack a pass rush, especially from the edges. That is the point.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-27-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

None of those TEs are in the same class as Eifert and you know that. So to say that the position was addressed is a bit disingenuous. And let's not forget that they passed on Vaccaro as well.

Barnes is a journeyman at this point, so to think he's all the sudden going to be productive is a bit pie-in-the-sky.

Fair criticism, can't refute that. I'd like to think that he'd overcome that perceived deficiency, but Ducasse hasn't been able to, so why should I think Warmack could either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOVE IT
    - Best CB in the draft
    - Arguably the best interior DL in the draft
    - Best QB in the draft
    - 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential
    - Chris Ivory
    - A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential
    - And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well
    Idzik is the f*cking man!
    I think they did a better job at drafting then many in the media will admit. It's brutal on how the Jets are so largely despised in the media even when they make some really smart moves.

The CB they drafted is a lot like Revis - not saying better, but his definitely graded at about the same coming out of college and a bit faster. He was a top 5 graded prospect before the torn labrum issue. When Jordan & Mingo fell off the board outside of the OT's it made great sense to draft this guy without reaching for a guard like Warmack at the 9 spot.

I didn't agree with the Richardson pick because I thought Star could man the middle in either the 4-3 or the 3-4. But again, this guy was rated just as high as any DT on the board and while Jones was probably a consideration, I just have a feeling that his lack of speed at this level will make him an average player, not an elite one. Again, I didn't love the pick, but with Rex he has to have a great plan for a player with his speed and quickness.

The Smith pick if you think about it, makes so much sense that the media just hates it. Before I go into why they should've drafted him as they did; lets look at it slightly differently. What if we didn't draft him? What if we drafted a guard or a safety instead? Another team would have picked him up a couple of picks later, and the analyst on ESPN and NFL network would have screamed at the Jets management for not providing Sanchez with adequate competition. Either way the Jets were screwed. My opinion is they got the highest rated QB on everyones board and certainly a 1st round graded prospect. He needs some coaching up and development but his intangibles of work ethic and study habits combined with his athleticism will make him a starter sooner than later. He's a accurate passer in short and medium throws, which in a WCO will bold well for our offense. I hope they let Garrard start this year and have Smith sit on the bench until an injury happens. Let him take it all in for a year.

I along with every analyst in the world thinks Rex will be back next year. If the defense gets back to being dominant again (top 5) and the offensive line improves I think the Jets will be better than expected, but still not an playoff team. The running game will be a big surprise because the combination of Ivory and Goodson will bring explosiveness the Jets haven't had in the backfield since I don't remember when....Washingtons hey days? If Garrard or Smith can improve slightly from the passing attack we had last year (duh) then lets see what the naysayers have to say next year about the circus known as the Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Neither Wilkerson nor Coples are 4-3 DEs. I guess that means I call them 3-4 ends. Care to tell me what you call them?
    I just think some fans get offended when you call things what they are. I love Wilkerson and Coples but they are not scaring anyone coming off the edge in the 4-3.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your point is that we have people at those positions currently on the roster then you are correct.

If your point is that they are any good then you are pipe dreaming. Barnes is the only one with a glimmer of hope.
    That was my point.

If you were expecting all the holes to be filled with good players this year, then, you sir, are pipe dreaming.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was my point.

If you were expecting all the holes to be filled with good players this year, then, you sir, are pipe dreaming.
    All do respect but we haven't had a pass rusher since Abraham. And have never had a play maker at TE. So I have been waiting a long time for those holes to be filled (no ghey). Not just this year.

And you can add Safety to that list.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-27-2013 at 08:47 PM.