Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about the Jets Picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All do respect but we haven't had a pass rusher since Abraham. And have never had a play maker at TE. So I have been waiting a long time for those holes to be filled. Not just this year.
    Well the Dolphins ruined that in this draft. They moved up to draft Dion Jordan and the other two quality pass rushers followed as a result.

Jarvis Jones was there, but the Jets must have been scared by the spinal stenosis.

its like theoretically, idzicks head was oscilating quantumlly inside my head, or mine in his, or our in each others. In any case, this guy is obviously a genius in what he does....idsick!

And you can add Safety to that list.
    They had a Pro Bowl Safety last year. You haven't been waiting long to see that.

And if you mean on this roster, they just signed a UDFA safety from Cal (Penn) Rontez Miles. That makes 4 safeties on the roster. The quality is suspect but for this season, it doesn't matter.

All do respect but we haven't had a pass rusher since Abraham Lincoln.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Of course not, but they didn't fill them with the BPA at those positions either, did they? Despite opportunities to do so.

I can't believe how many times I have had to say this the past two days; the players selected aren't necessarily bad, they just don't fill needs. Everyone seems to have drank the BPA Kool-Aid to the point they are drunk on it. Newsflash is that you select the BPA that can help your team.

This team has had holes at two positions, OLB and S, for I don't know how long. Neither was addressed. At. All.

Let's slow down on the QB of the future talk. There's quite possibly a very good reason Smith slid as far as he did. It's not like the Jets somehow knew something the other 31 teams didn't.

My opinions have nothing to do with the media. TBQH, I've watched very little of the draft this year and only read the paper today.
    I have to agree, Geno Smith is not the answer, he fell like a rock, we will be in the QB market again in 2 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    They had a Pro Bowl Safety last year. You haven't been waiting long to see that.

And if you mean on this roster, they just signed a UDFA safety from Cal (Penn) Rontez Miles. That makes 4 safeties on the roster. The quality is suspect but for this season, it doesn't matter.
    I am talking about having a player that is good and plays here for a handful of years. That is the standard for me.

No good TEs in my lifetime as a fan. Keller was the closest but he was half a TE.
    No good pass rushers since Abe.
    No good safeties. Rhodes had a chance but he grew a vagina.

Seems like we have been starved at those positions for a while. Come to think about it, the only areas where we have had good players somewhat consistently are the OL and CB. And maybe the interior of the DL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    I have to agree, Geno Smith is not the answer, he fell like a rock, we will be in the QB market again in 2 years.
    Nobody can predict what Geno will do. It's just a guess at this point. It's a Draft and we had a good one. Enjoy.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just think some fans get offended when you call things what they are. I love Wilkerson and Coples but they are not scaring anyone coming off the edge in the 4-3.
    I think it's something else, but I'll keep it to myself.

That was my point.

If you were expecting all the holes to be filled with good players this year, then, you sir, are pipe dreaming.

So you just want quantity, volume, for now? When they could have had quality? Sorry, I just don't follow that line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Not saying he isn't the answer, just that I didn't think he was worth the pick expended to find out when there was more value available at other positions.

So you just want quantity, volume, for now? When they could have had quality? Sorry, I just don't follow that line of thinking.
    Quality not quantity was Tannenbaum's philosophy. 3 picks a draft as long as they are good. Look where that got us.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Hate how we used our first round picks, that kinda killed the draft for me. Wish I was excited as everyone else

I feel the same way as you. We basically replaced what we lost in Revis with Milliner but I doubt he'll be nearly as good as Revis and he's had 5 surgeries already and when asked by Sal Pal...he said " I can't wait to do pushups" in a few months he'll be asked to cover WRs'

We also replaced what we lost on the D line with choosing the guy from Mizz so at best for me...it's a wash and only IF Milliner is healthy and becomes the 2nd coming of Revis which is asking too much imo.

We had a very good D last year and a pathetic offense and with 2 picks in the 1st round we could have addressed 1 of them if not both? so from that standpoint I don't like the picks.

The Bills trading with the Rams so they could draft Tavon really hurt as if he was there, we would have drafted him which would have been GREAT.

I'm ok with Geno and the other picks though but in the end...I'm tired of Rex drafting only on the defensive side of the ball. We NEED playmakers on offense.

I am talking about having a player that is good and plays here for a handful of years. That is the standard for me.

No good TEs in my lifetime as a fan. Keller was the closest but he was half a TE.
    No good pass rushers since Abe.
    No good safeties. Rhodes had a chance but he grew a vagina.

Seems like we have been starved at those positions for a while. Come to think about it, the only areas where we have had good players somewhat consistently are the OL and CB. And maybe the interior of the DL.
    In a market with a lot of cash flying around and salary caps, that can be tough to handle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quality not quantity was Tannenbaum's philosophy. 3 picks a draft as long as they are good. Look where that got us.
    Do you just enjoy circular arguments or are you deliberately trying to be contentious? You know perfectly well there was absolutely no need for Idzik to sacrifice picks to select quality in this draft, that's what myself and DDNY have been saying all along. Yet here you come with this comment.

Banned
    Neither Wilkerson nor Coples are 4-3 DEs. I guess that means I call them 3-4 ends. Care to tell me what you call them?
    Coples is absolutely a better fit as 4-3 end...mo wilk can play and succeed as a 4-3 end like shaun ellis did for many years, but will likely play inside and outside depending on the situation. The jets dline is now better suited for the 4-3. Wilk and coples ends sheldon and ellis dts. That's a serious pass rush and exactly where the jets are heading.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And have never had a play maker at TE. .
    Shuler, Mickey

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOVE IT

- Best CB in the draft

- Arguably the best interior DL in the draft

- Best QB in the draft

- 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential

- Chris Ivory

- A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential

- And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well

Idzik is the f*cking man!
    I like all the pick ups except Geno Smith, I just can't get over the 32 Fumbles

Hall Of Fame
    Do you just enjoy circular arguments or are you deliberately trying to be contentious? You know perfectly well there was absolutely no need for Idzik to sacrifice picks to select quality in this draft, that's what myself and DDNY have been saying all along. Yet here you come with this comment.
    You nailed it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Coples is absolutely a better fit as 4-3 end...mo wilk can play and succeed as a 4-3 end like shaun ellis did for many years, but will likely play inside and outside depending on the situation. The jets dline is now better suited for the 4-3. Wilk and coples ends sheldon and ellis dts. That's a serious pass rush and exactly where the jets are heading.

No. Wilkerson can indeed play the head-up DE ala Ellis, which means he isn't an edge pass rusher. Coples is actually better suited to DT in the 4-3 or the same head-up DE spot, so he isn't an edge pass rusher either. You're wrong, but I don't expect you to admit it, so I'll just leave it at that.

Told you DDNY, it's something else.

I may be an idiot, but that made absolutely no sense in relation to my previous comment.

We can't tell what quality is until we see how they play. The more players you pick, the more likely it is to find quality. And if you have a different judge of quality than they do, well you run the franchise then.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post

Can Coples and Wilk play DE in the 4-3? Absolutely. But they would be out of position. And the standard isn't if they can play. We need a game changing pass rusher. Someone that teams have to change their schemes for. Someone you can pencil in for a dozen sacks. Neither of them will become that. We need to find that kind of player. It has been a while.

Again, I think Coples and Wilk are going to be good players for us. But they aren't going to scare anyone coming off the edges. They are better served going against Guards and pass rushing from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    I like all the pick ups except Geno Smith, I just can't get over the 32 Fumbles
    This is obviously my least favorite pick, I would have preferred a TE in the 2nd round. Almost all the skill positions are 7th round or lower. At least they upgraded the RB position.