Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: What do you think about the Jets Picks.

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    What do you think about the Jets Picks.

    I was surprised by this draft including drafing a FB in RD 7.

    I was delighted with CB Milliner and knew this wasn't your ordinary Jet draft.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 OL and 2 tackles sounds crazy but Ducasse is extremely unpopular and this makes it seem less likely that he'll be able to keep his job.

    I don't know what to make of Geno Smith yet but I like the Milliner pick and the 7th round FB could be a real sleeper, so overall not so bad.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE IT


    - Best CB in the draft

    - Arguably the best interior DL in the draft

    - Best QB in the draft

    - 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential

    - Chris Ivory

    - A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential

    - And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well


    Idzik is the f*cking man!

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOVE IT


    - Best CB in the draft

    - Arguably the best interior DL in the draft

    - Best QB in the draft

    - 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential

    - Chris Ivory

    - A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential

    - And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well


    Idzik is the f*cking man!
    LOL but no Warmack. I must of read a hundred post by you on Warmack but we got a W in Winters.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    835
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like everything except for the obushi and the dT we took in the 6th. I understand that in order to win that we need to build from the trenches. I just think they were better players available.

    I am just hoping they address safety and LB with the UDFA. There are also training camp cuts as well. Overall, it's been a very solid first year draft for Idzik.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Biggest difference?

    To me the Jets finally look like they are operating off a plan, a blueprint - rather than a gut-based scattershot approach. I am very pleased.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOVE IT


    - Best CB in the draft

    - Arguably the best interior DL in the draft

    - Best QB in the draft

    - 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential

    - Chris Ivory

    - A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential

    - And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well


    Idzik is the f*cking man!
    +1

    It's so nice to have a real GM!

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOVE IT


    - Best CB in the draft

    - Arguably the best interior DL in the draft

    - Best QB in the draft

    - 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential

    - Chris Ivory

    - A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential

    - And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well


    Idzik is the f*cking man!
    Agreed. If we can pick up a good value UDFA tight end like Phillip Lutzenkirchen or Jake Stoneburner, Ill be happy. Also... man, they got great last names.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope is restored - maybe not a superbowl year but at least we have a team

    Go Jets!

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    When this team gets very good again, we will point to this years draft as the moment that we stopped being a reality show and became a football team.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    When this team gets very good again, we will point to this years draft as the moment that we stopped being a reality show and became a football team.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Started off pretty pi$$ed the way the first 8 picks went as I really wanted Jordan and/or Austin but really happy with it.That said still pretty concerned about he lack of skill players and still no pass-rushing LB despite it being the best crop in a while.

    On another note anyone else think we got Estes from Homeland at pick no 39?

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOVE IT


    - Best CB in the draft

    - Arguably the best interior DL in the draft

    - Best QB in the draft

    - 2 mean, nasty OL with versatility and immediate starting potential

    - Chris Ivory

    - A DL/OL hybrid that is extremely raw but has unlimited potential

    - And Bohanon (a personal favorite) who is picture perfect for the WCO and can line up at TE as well


    Idzik is the f*cking man!
    I would have liked a Safety. One, at least.

    I preferred different picks. I would have taken Warmack and Eifert in the 1st. Just a different view on what was needed more, O vs. D.

    With that said, I find very little to complain about on-paper. We appear to have gotten real value at every pick, no reaches, no trade-up's, no drama. Just solid players who could/should start sooner rather than later.

    Solid B on paper. Can't complain about that.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    I would have liked a Safety. One, at least.

    I preferred different picks. I would have taken Warmack and Eifert in the 1st. Just a different view on what was needed more, O vs. D.

    With that said, I find very little to complain about on-paper. We appear to have gotten real value at every pick, no reaches, no trade-up's, no drama. Just solid players who could/should start sooner rather than later.

    Solid B on paper. Can't complain about that.
    Mostly agree. I just find it baffling that the majority of posters on here are elated. How long have we all been complaining about the same thing; OLB, S and QB? The Jets address one of those needs in a position-poor year and somehow this is a great draft by the new GM? Sorry, color me clueless then.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Mostly agree. I just find it baffling that the majority of posters on here are elated. How long have we all been complaining about the same thing; OLB, S and QB? The Jets address one of those needs in a position-poor year and somehow this is a great draft by the new GM? Sorry, color me clueless then.
    This team had holes all over the place. You can't expect to fill them all in one draft.

    We just added two bluechip prospects to the defense, solidified the OL and the running game, and drafted our QB of the future.

    Don't see how you could possibly complain about that.

    Next year we're going to have 12 picks and around $40 million in cap space to play with.

    The media can sh*t on us all they want. I'm excited about where Idzik has this team headed.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of a different feel with the jets building up the trench workers.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Mostly agree. I just find it baffling that the majority of posters on here are elated. How long have we all been complaining about the same thing; OLB, S and QB? The Jets address one of those needs in a position-poor year and somehow this is a great draft by the new GM? Sorry, color me clueless then.
    I don't think safety is as big a need as you believe it to be. Antonio Allen played well last year, they signed Dawan Landry, and they have Josh Bush.

    I think TE is a bigger need and they handled that a bit by drafting the H-back out of Wake who can line up at the TE.

    If they use more 4-3 defense, they don't need a linebacker. You play Harris, Davis and a combo of Pace and Barnes plus any other LB's they have.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This team had holes all over the place. You can't expect to fill them all in one draft.

    We just added two bluechip prospects to the defense, solidified the OL and the running game, and drafted our QB of the future.

    Don't see how you could possibly complain about that.

    Next year we're going to have 12 picks and around $40 million in cap space to play with.

    The media can sh*t on us all they want. I'm excited about where Idzik has this team headed.
    Of course not, but they didn't fill them with the BPA at those positions either, did they? Despite opportunities to do so.

    I can't believe how many times I have had to say this the past two days; the players selected aren't necessarily bad, they just don't fill needs. Everyone seems to have drank the BPA Kool-Aid to the point they are drunk on it. Newsflash is that you select the BPA that can help your team.

    This team has had holes at two positions, OLB and S, for I don't know how long. Neither was addressed. At. All.

    Let's slow down on the QB of the future talk. There's quite possibly a very good reason Smith slid as far as he did. It's not like the Jets somehow knew something the other 31 teams didn't.

    My opinions have nothing to do with the media. TBQH, I've watched very little of the draft this year and only read the paper today.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,709
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't think safety is as big a need as you believe it to be. Antonio Allen played well last year, they signed Dawan Landry, and they have Josh Bush.

    I think TE is a bigger need and they handled that a bit by drafting the H-back out of Wake who can line up at the TE.

    If they use more 4-3 defense, they don't need a linebacker. You play Harris, Davis and a combo of Pace and Barnes plus any other LB's they have.
    Agree to disagree about S. As well as L. Landry and Bell played last year, they weren't exactly great in coverage. I don't remember seeing much of the two rookies out there.

    TE was definitely a big issue and I was shocked that they didn't address early. Absolute studs at OG and TE were staring them in the face and they went in another direction. That's baffling. As I said, I haven't seen much of the draft, so I can't comment on the guy they drafted beyond he isn't even close to the top-rated TE they passed on.

    If they use more 4-3 defense, Harris will be playing out of his element as a sideline to sideline MLB, and scenes of Pace looking slow will be downright horrifying with him being responsible for more real estate. To say nothing of the fact that instead of being without an edge OLB, they will now be without an edge DE.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us