Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets Draft - Def, Def, Off, Off, Off, Off, Off, Off

All Pro
    We're a lot better than 3 days ago.

The team feels like it has a vision now where it was rudderless just a week ago. Strong in the trenches with a new young QB on the roster.

Honestly, the Geno pick at least gives some hope.

Mark Sanchez is unofficially done in Green and White - man it was a crazy ride boy, the new cover boy, he did everything right except play well. I'll always be appreciative of how hard he worked, he just doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post

The team feels like it has a vision now where it was rudderless just a week ago. Strong in the trenches with a new young QB on the roster.

Mark Sanchez is unofficially done in Green and White - man it was a crazy ride boy, the new cover boy, he did everything right except play well. I'll always be appreciative of how hard he worked, he just doesn't have it.
    He never did. Braylon and Tone(along with Cotchery) made him look better than he really was.

Good riddance....

They blew it when they passed on Jarvis Jones twice.

Geno Smith pick was terrific at least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Based on that they could not have gone BAP, there was obviously a plan in place.

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post

Geno has so much potential in MMs system and we got him in the 2nd.. gotta love that

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    F*cking LOVE this draft!

Idzik = The Truth
    That's not what DBAKED told me!

I love what we did, but felt like we missed out on a few guys later in the draft......Either way, can't complain and there's always UDFA to get a few WR's, TE's, Safeties, OLBs

I felt like we got 3 top 10 guys in Geno, Milliner, and Richardson......That's a win and everything else is gravy

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post

Great player but Spine issues and bad workouts

Can't really blame em for passing

Would have loved Warmack at 9so we wouldn't need to use a bunch of picks on OGs later in the draft.

With that said, there is a decent chance one of these Guards (or Peterman/Colon) will turn into a very "productive" guard and odds are we would never find a very "productive" CB later in the draft. So probably the right way to go.

Also love the Geno pick. Low risk/high reward.

Jets are much stronger after the draft now on either side of the line. Some massive upgrades there and depth as well. Looking forward to the UDFA signings

Undrafted Free Agent

Really am excited about Geno pick!!!! Love the guys in the trenches and feel good about our backfield. But I'd be lying if I said I wansn't disappointed with not drafting a TE or WR.

except for geno, no issues with the draft. imo they could have picked an lb with geno's pick and then used a later round for a qb the way things turned out. geno has a punk attitude. we've all seen this type of player before. most times it doesn't work out.

but it's also funny how some talking heads are spewing that you just don't draft a qg with the 2nd round and not start them. since when has the second round pick status become an automatic starter? geno will be lucky to start. he should ask clemens about 2nd rounders.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Exactly the blueprint we want for a Rex/Sparano offense. Oh wait , we now have MM and his WCO - did anyone tell Idzik or our scouts. We have all the ingredients for the WCO, rookie QB - check. No TE - check, non pass catching starting RB ( Ivory) - check , Wideout who can't catch (Hill) - check , starting wideout coming back from Lis Franc surgery - check.
    Hmm smells like another year of G&P to me.

I guess the WCO in Elmer Fudd parlance will mean Weally Conserative Offense.
    Is there any resemblance between the personnel they just assembled and what Marty had in Philly? Did they Iggles have an O-line to speak of? (I don't think so). Did they even have a fullback? they liked to go with vertical passes a lot, didn't they? Which team's is the WCO? It can't be both can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Is there any resemblance between the personnel they just assembled and what Marty had in Philly? Did they Iggles have an O-line to speak of? (I don't think so). Did they even have a fullback? they liked to go with vertical passes a lot, didn't they? Which team's is the WCO? It can't be both can it?
    I truly want to believe they'll run the WCO. I'm just not convinced with this draft and still having Rex as the HC that we're heading in that direction.