Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veteran Free Agent Targets

Veteran Free Agent Targets

After our draft, we still have a few missing pieces at WR, PR, and TE.

Here is who I would target:

TE: Kevin Boss
    WR: Brandon Lloyd or Braylon
    PR: Josh Cribbs - We still dont have anyone on the roster that can return punts. He would add a dynamic option to the return game, although medical an issue.

Comments?

Veteran
    what's Brandon Moore's deal?

Kyle Wilson can return punts.

WHY ARE MOST OF THE JETS FAN BASE UP IN ARMS ABOUT THIS DRAFT??? I can't even begin to rationalize some of the things I'm reading online. the one thing I'm seeing a lot of is *****ing about WRs. our WRs weren't all that bad before injuries plus Sanchez was missing a lot of open guys. ppl need to chill. i would like a kevin boss pickup BTW.

Guards

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    what's Brandon Moore's deal?
    Still unsigned, but with the additions of Willie Colon and Brian Winters, we should be set.

Kyle Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Kyle Wilson can return punts.

He has returned a total of 19 punts in his career for 141 yards. (7.4 average).
    However, his long for 2010 and 2012 were 18 & 19 yards respectively. If you take those 2 puts out, his average was 6.1 yards.

Josh Cribbs has an 11.0 average on `195 career returns with 3 career tds.
    However, medical is an issue, so he may not be healthy.

Veteran
    Kerley/McKnight/Wilson/Goodson will return punts.

Quote Originally Posted by vinit View Post
    Still unsigned, but with the additions of Willie Colon and Brian Winters, we should be set.
    Add in peterman and adoushi (or whatever it is) and we are set at oline.

He has returned a total of 19 punts in his career for 141 yards. (7.4 average).
    However, his long for 2010 and 2012 were 18 & 19 yards respectively. If you take those 2 puts out, his average was 6.1 yards.

Josh Cribbs has an 11.0 average on `195 career returns with 3 career tds.
    However, medical is an issue, so he may not be healthy.
    Cribbs, has a deal in place with Arizona, he just needs to pass his physical which is scheduled for next month.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Kerley/McKnight/Wilson/Goodson will return punts.

Kerley = Explosive return potential, but a fumble risk
    Wilson: see above; not too dynamic
    McKnight: Fumble machine as a PR; not a guarantee to make the roster
    Goodson: Has not returned a punt in a regular season game

Ever after the drafting of Matthau?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Cribbs, has a deal in place with Arizona, he just needs to pass his physical which is scheduled for next month.
    He is going to be return guy in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
    WHY ARE MOST OF THE JETS FAN BASE UP IN ARMS ABOUT THIS DRAFT??? I can't even begin to rationalize some of the things I'm reading online. the one thing I'm seeing a lot of is *****ing about WRs. our WRs weren't all that bad before injuries plus Sanchez was missing a lot of open guys. ppl need to chill. i would like a kevin boss pickup BTW.
    Because we are Jets fans....we are known for *****ing

He is going to be return guy in AZ
    Tyraun may return punts, Cribbs kickoffs.

RB's will be a much bigger asset in the passing offense this year

The WCO emphasizes the RB position, it's one of the reasons the Jets made big moves at RB this off-season with Goodson and Ivory, in addition to Powell, and moving on from Greene.

One player I could see the team bringing back if he passes his physical is Josh Baker, a quality pass receiving FB/TE/HB to perform in the same role.

People complaining about TE's forget that the Jets have 3 solid young players that the team is still high on, Cumberland battled some injuries and was coming off of an achillies injury last year from the year before, but there is sentiment IMO that Cumberland makes another jump in his development, remember he was a converted WR who will be a weapon at TE because of his speed and receiving ability.

Add Rueland as a blocking TE, who can do some receiving, also a prospect who was a very solid player last year.

Another player to keep an eye on is Hayden Smith, he really made a jump towards the end of the year last year, and he has some upside and could be a player the team may be happy with his progress to the point they consider him also a prospect to compete at the TE position, and perhaps better than some of the talent they did pass on in the draft, at least after Ertz was taken in the 2nd.

Jets also have some young WR's they are excited about, Gates is a player to keep an eye on IMO as a prospect and a player who could make a jump this year.

Other players signed Joe Collins and Emanuel Arceneaux have some ability

My point is, the Jets have some developmental players on the roster that have to be factored as to why the Jets made some of their draft decisions this year. It's quite probable they like some of these players already on the roster over the players available in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The WCO emphasizes the RB position, it's one of the reasons the Jets made big moves at RB this off-season with Goodson and Ivory, in addition to Powell, and moving on from Greene.

One player I could see the team bringing back if he passes his physical is Josh Baker, a quality pass receiving FB/TE/HB to perform in the same role.

People complaining about TE's forget that the Jets have 3 solid young players that the team is still high on, Cumberland battled some injuries and was coming off of an achillies injury last year from the year before, but there is sentiment IMO that Cumberland makes another jump in his development, remember he was a converted WR who will be a weapon at TE because of his speed and receiving ability.

Add Rueland as a blocking TE, who can do some receiving, also a prospect who was a very solid player last year.

Another player to keep an eye on is Hayden Smith, he really made a jump towards the end of the year last year, and he has some upside and could be a player the team may be happy with his progress to the point they consider him also a prospect to compete at the TE position, and perhaps better than some of the talent they did pass on in the draft, at least after Ertz was taken in the 2nd.

Jets also have some young WR's they are excited about, Gates is a player to keep an eye on IMO as a prospect and a player who could make a jump this year.

My point is, the Jets have some developmental players on the roster that have to be factored as to why the Jets made some of their draft decisions this year. It's quite probable they like some of these players already on the roster over the players available in the draft.
    Absolutely, I like a lot of the players you've mentioned above as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    kerley or our UDFA rogers can return punts

After our draft, we still have a few missing pieces at WR, PR, and TE.

Here is who I would target:

TE: Kevin Boss
    WR: Brandon Lloyd or Braylon
    PR: Josh Cribbs - We still dont have anyone on the roster that can return punts. He would add a dynamic option to the return game, although medical an issue.

Comments?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    the worst thing that happened to Gates was being in the dolphins offense then coming to ours which was worse...we now have a solid o line and running backs and better QB play...he may just show us what he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Titus Young - Braylon - Collie - Breaston - Ocho Cinco - Laurent Robinson - Randy Moss

Winslow - Boss - Shiancoe - Clark

Wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Boss brought in, although what has he done the past two seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    kerley or our UDFA rogers can return punts
    Does milliner return punts?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2