Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets waste no time signing a TE....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Pantale was ranked as the 23rd best T.E. in the draft out of 99 . He was very close to the top ranked T.E. that wasn't drafted. This kid has a chance to be good.
    Positive: Hard-working tight end who does the little things well. Strong at the point of attack, stays square, and easily turns defenders from the action. Keeps his head on a swivel and remains disciplined with assignments. Solid pass catcher who comes back into the clearing to make himself an available target then extends his hands and makes the reception away from his frame.

Negative: One-speed tight end and nothing more than an a short-range threat. Was never a big part of the passing offense at Boston College.

Analysis: Pantale was a well-rounded college player, yet lacks the physical skills to start in the NFL. He's a terrific blocker with reliable hands and enough ability to make a roster as a third tight end.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/.../Chris-Pantale

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets signed Tennessee WR Zach Rogers.
    Rogers (6-foot-1, 182) caught 32 passes for 491 yards (15.3 YPR) and seven scores as a senior, working the slot between Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Hunter. Pegged by NFL Network's Mike Mayock as the top sleeper receiver in this year's draft, Rogers ran forty times of 4.49 and 4.50 at the Vols' Pro Day.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-28-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    JAGS! They're all JAGS...

JEEEEEEENKIIIINS!!
    We'll see. Most of Seattle's roster I never heard of at the beginning of last season. I like it when guys come out of nowhere.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    We'll see. Most of Seattle's roster I never heard of at the beginning of last season. I like it when guys come out of nowhere.
    This year feels like that with the Jets. I just hope we get some gems from the group. Some players are limited developing in college where they have full schedule of classes and exams. Football is a question mark at best. Now they can devote full time to their new career. Some will develop into starting players. We can hope we have those guys especial with our state of art training.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signings I like at WR & TE: K.J. Stroud, Zach Rogers, Chris Pantale, Mike Shanahan

Zach Rogers was overshadowed by top tier talent at Tennesee (Patterson, Hunter). He ran a 4.4 40 and has good hands. Was thought to be a 6-7 round talent so getting him as an UDFA is great. K.J. Stroud is fast but definitely needs to develop. I think the Jets should really focus on developing Mike Shanahan and Chris Pantale as their 2 TE's of the future. Would complement each other well if skills are maximized.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    All probably better than 7th round "game changer" Chris Gragg that some poster wanted the entire Jet FO fired and tarred and feathered for not drafting

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    TE in WCO does not have to be all world.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched shanahan for a couple years. Always that he had some talent. I like the pick up. He was the go to guy here at pitt.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    All probably better than 7th round "game changer" Chris Gragg that some poster wanted the entire Jet FO fired and tarred and feathered for not drafting
    Well in fairness it proved how clueless the FO has been.....for 45 years.