Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Jets waste no time signing a TE....

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Jets waste no time signing a TE....

    Jets signed Pittsburgh TE Mike Shanahan.
    Shanahan (6-foot-4 1/4, 241) will convert from college wideout to NFL tight end after running forty times of 4.81 and 4.84 at the Panthers' Pro Day. He does play a tick faster on the field, catching 62 balls for 983 yards (15.9 YPR) and six touchdowns. Shanahan has a chance to be a productive slot tight end if utilized correctly, creating mismatches versus slower linebackers and smaller safeties. Tight end is one of the weakest positions on the Jets.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a very good player actually......He stood out to me the couple of times I watched Pitt

    Could be a steal

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a relief! Happy Dance underway.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Shanahan, WR (6-4 1/4, 241) — Shanahan — who is not related to the head coach of the Washington Redskins — ran the 40 in 4.81 and 4.84 seconds. He had a 30 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-6 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.74 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.34 seconds. He performed 18 lifts on the bench press. Shanahan was a wide receiver for the Panthers, but his best shot in the NFL is at the tight end position.
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-27-2013 at 08:18 PM.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Isn't that Mike's son?
    No idea....

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Pantale too

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Chris Pantale too
    Chris Pantale? Who's that?

    Also:

    Jets signed California (PA) S Rontez Miles.
    Miles (5-foot-11 5/8, 203) was a two-time first-team FCS All American, making 43 career starts and intercepting nine passes at free safety for the Vulcans. He ran 4.62 at the Combine and demonstrated lower-body explosion both in the vertical (36.5") and broad jump (10-foot-3). The Jets' talent-deficient roster is the place to go as an undrafted free agent.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Chris Pantale too
    Chris Pantale (TE14)
    HT: 6'5" WT: 254LBS.
    POSITION: TE
    SCHOOL: Boston College
    ARM LENGTH: 33 1/4"
    HANDS: 10 1/4"
    Overview
    Boston College tight ends can show all of the great receiving skills they want, but had better be willing to get after their man in the run game or they’ll never hit the field. Pantale (pronounced Pan-TELL-ee) has shown talent as both a blocker and receiver to not only get on the field for the Eagles, but also to grab scouts’ attention as a potential starter at the next level.

    His overall skills earned him time in every game (12 starts in 13 games) as a redshirt freshman; Pantale caught 21 balls for 223 yards and a touchdown. He put up career highs in receptions (31) and receiving yards (338) in 2010, but couldn’t get in the end zone after scoring once against Weber State in the opener. Pantale saw a dip in his production as a junior (21-236) but finished the season on a strong note, catching four passes for 70 yards in the Thanksgiving weekend game against Miami and scoring two of his three touchdowns for the year. In his senior year, Pantale only played in eight games as he had to deal with a broken bone in his right foot. He contributed 21 catches for 189 yards and two touchdowns.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    19,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Chris Pantale (TE14)
    HT: 6'5" WT: 254LBS.
    POSITION: TE
    SCHOOL: Boston College
    ARM LENGTH: 33 1/4"
    HANDS: 10 1/4"
    Overview
    Boston College tight ends can show all of the great receiving skills they want, but had better be willing to get after their man in the run game or they’ll never hit the field. Pantale (pronounced Pan-TELL-ee) has shown talent as both a blocker and receiver to not only get on the field for the Eagles, but also to grab scouts’ attention as a potential starter at the next level.

    His overall skills earned him time in every game (12 starts in 13 games) as a redshirt freshman; Pantale caught 21 balls for 223 yards and a touchdown. He put up career highs in receptions (31) and receiving yards (338) in 2010, but couldn’t get in the end zone after scoring once against Weber State in the opener. Pantale saw a dip in his production as a junior (21-236) but finished the season on a strong note, catching four passes for 70 yards in the Thanksgiving weekend game against Miami and scoring two of his three touchdowns for the year. In his senior year, Pantale only played in eight games as he had to deal with a broken bone in his right foot. He contributed 21 catches for 189 yards and two touchdowns.
    Sounds like a good signing.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Sounds like a good signing.
    +1

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    JAGS! They're all JAGS...

    JEEEEEEENKIIIINS!!

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,996
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    He's a very good player actually......He stood out to me the couple of times I watched Pitt

    Could be a steal
    These are the types of signings Tanny should've been making in past years. Striking while the iron's hot and identifying potential talent/depth quickly.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    These are the types of signings Tanny should've been making in past years. Striking while the iron's hot and identifying potential talent/depth quickly.

    Lets be fair. Tanny made UDFA signings too. These guys will likely not pan out

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also saw him in college...strictly pass cathcer but a darn good pick up....damn this team has got nice face lift sinc eIdzik got here.


    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    He's a very good player actually......He stood out to me the couple of times I watched Pitt

    Could be a steal

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    true but the difference with Idzik is that it feels like they are using tact when choosing players...just look at the draft...more than likely all those picks will stick...I have seen this TE and he can ball.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Lets be fair. Tanny made UDFA signings too. These guys will likely not pan out

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both not only have a legitimate chance to make the roster, but start. It's these two vs. Jeff Cumberland and Hayden Smith for three, possibly four, roster spots and a starting gig.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    These are the types of signings Tanny should've been making in past years. Striking while the iron's hot and identifying potential talent/depth quickly.


    Cumberland
    DeVito
    Mauga
    Damon Harrison
    Donnie Fletcher
    Ihedigbo

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Chris Pantale (TE14)
    HT: 6'5" WT: 254LBS.
    POSITION: TE
    SCHOOL: Boston College
    ARM LENGTH: 33 1/4"
    HANDS: 10 1/4"
    Overview
    Boston College tight ends can show all of the great receiving skills they want, but had better be willing to get after their man in the run game or they’ll never hit the field. Pantale (pronounced Pan-TELL-ee) has shown talent as both a blocker and receiver to not only get on the field for the Eagles, but also to grab scouts’ attention as a potential starter at the next level.

    His overall skills earned him time in every game (12 starts in 13 games) as a redshirt freshman; Pantale caught 21 balls for 223 yards and a touchdown. He put up career highs in receptions (31) and receiving yards (338) in 2010, but couldn’t get in the end zone after scoring once against Weber State in the opener. Pantale saw a dip in his production as a junior (21-236) but finished the season on a strong note, catching four passes for 70 yards in the Thanksgiving weekend game against Miami and scoring two of his three touchdowns for the year. In his senior year, Pantale only played in eight games as he had to deal with a broken bone in his right foot. He contributed 21 catches for 189 yards and two touchdowns.
    I haven't followed BC in a few years, but guys at work like the kid.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pantale was ranked as the 23rd best T.E. in the draft out of 99 . He was very close to the top ranked T.E. that wasn't drafted. This kid has a chance to be good.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What a relief! Happy Dance underway.
    Because UDFA's make the best players, the Jets should found on him to lift the offense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us