Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    For a semi draft "expert" your sig sure does suck.
    LOL. Because you're a draft fanatic right? Cyprien will be the best Safety in this draft, and Austin will be a plamaker for years to come. One of Mingo/Jordan will pan out.

Rookie
    With our improved OLine and running game, our receivers should look better this year

Hes right we're awful wr and te

But idk who was out there in this draft that wouldve been a huge upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you familiar with the Oakland Raiders?

Can anyone even name a single skill player on that offense besides McFadden?

And yeah, you said it. Rodgers is an idiot. Let's move away from those guys.
    He has a point. Holmes is coming off an injury and probably gone next year. I have hopes for Hill because we knew he was a project, but from what we have seen now he sucks. There isn't any other way to sugar coat it we can't just assume he will be better this year. Kerley is solid though.

And for Rogers, I would prefer him who lit up the SEC for a year over a random guy from Lehigh we just signed. I'm sure Cincy doesn't regret taking a shot with Burfict last year since he led the team in tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    With our improved OLine and running game, our receivers should look better this year
    Our offensive line and running game is going to look really tough. Yes, I agree, but I'll be shocked if we have a 1k receiver this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    I never said we suck, I just said we need playmakers for Geno.
    Well the O-Line got a whole lot better the last 2 days and that's a good start.

I think we have a better backfield right now then we did last year with the additions of Ivory and Goodson.

Jets already signed 2 more TE's today.

The off-season is far from over.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-27-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    He has a point. Holmes is coming off an injury and probably gone next year. I have hopes for Hill because we knew he was a project, but from what we have seen now he sucks. There isn't any other way to sugar coat it we can't just assume he will be better this year. Kerley is solid though.

And for Rogers, I would prefer him who lit up the SEC for a year over a random guy from Lehigh we just signed. I'm sure Cincy doesn't regret taking a shot with Burfict last year since he led the team in tackles.
    Thank you. Someone who's a realist.

Some people are drinking too much kool-aid.

Milliner-Geno-Aboushi were all great value picks.

Still not sure of Richardson, and where he will play. Wanted guys like Phillip Thomas, Rambo, Swope, Rogers, Keenan Allen, Patton in round 3-7.

Jets Insider VIP
    We've never seen Ivory carrying the load for a full season.

McFadden and Moore are far more dynamic than anything we have on offense.
    I won't dispute that McFadden is more dynamic than anything we have. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league when healthy. But that's the problem, when the hell is he ever healthy?

Hill was known as an extremely raw project when we drafted him. He can clearly generate seperation. If the kid could just learn how to catch with his hands instead of his chest, then the sky is the limit. I haven't given up on him.

The Jets are walking away from the draft adding two bluechip prospects to the defense, solidifying the OL and running game, and now have their QB of the future.

I can't complain

Would I like a dynamic receiver or TE? You betcha.

But we'll have plenty of resources to install that component next year when we'll have 12 draft picks and around $40 million in cap space.

The Jets decided to build the foundation before they went for the fancy trimmings.

And I respect Idzik for that.

check the patsie receivers of late?

i see more of a silver lining for the jets receivers. was sanchez the problem? hill may have been cringing because sanchez could never seem to be decisive with his throws. so the receivers were constantly being forced to catch in coverage. as for holmes, we'll see what happens with him this season. he's essentially playing for his job so he might be good. te needs to be addressed but keller wasn't as good as he needed to be either. cumberland may surprise or maybe the aussie guy will work out or someone else.

Look, I LOVE the Geno pick. Low risk, high reward. Has all the tools you look for in a prospect. However, we're setting him up to fail without legit weapons. I like what we did with the line, but giving him:

Santonio Holmes - Locker Room Cancer - Coming off major injury - Might not be 100% - Probably worst "#1" WR in the NFL.

Stephen Hill - Liked the guy coming out. Looked extremely raw last year, and cringed whenever the ball was thrown to him. I don't see the fit in the WCO, and he's missing the IT factor.

Jeremy Kerley - One bright spot at WR. Solid, nifty player in the slot. Will work wonders with Geno. However, he's not an elite slot guy ala Welker, Harvin, Cruz, Cobb.

Jeff Cumberland - Liked the guy until he was thrown into a starting role. Can't block, provide any YAC ability, questionable hands, and looked slow.

Is just going to kill his confidence and ability to make plays.

We NEED to bring in a few veteran WR's/TE's for Geno. Maybe try to strike a deal for a guy like Jermichael Finley or Kenny Britt

Name me one team with worse weapons than us. Honestly.

Another point I just contemplated was the fact that we are not competing at all this season, perhaps after we complete another bottom ten finish, we stock up on play-makers next draft?

Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    adding Braylon will make WR corps very suitable.
    Braylon wont be resigned -- Idzk was in Seattle when Braylon was there and they cut him, so I don't expect him to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I won't dispute that McFadden is more dynamic than anything we have. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league when healthy. But that's the problem, when the hell is he ever healthy?

Hill was known as an extremely raw project when we drafted him. He can clearly generate seperation. If the kid could just learn how to catch with his hands instead of his chest, then the sky is the limit. I haven't given up on him.

The Jets are walking away from the draft adding two bluechip prospects to the defense, solidifying the OL and running game, and now have their QB of the future.

I can't complain

Would I like a dynamic receiver or TE? You betcha.

But we'll have plenty if resources to install that component next year when we'll have 12 draft picks and around $40 million in cap space.

The Jets decided to build the foundation before they went for the fancy trimmings.

And I respect Idzik for that.

If your building the foundation first, you're not drafting a QB at 36. I love Geno, but their handcuffing him without any weapons. They need someone who can create something out of nothing. Someone who can bail Geno out. That's why I would've went Eifert at 13. Keenan or Patton at 73. Swope, Rogers in the 5th.

Thank you. Someone who's a realist.

Some people are drinking too much kool-aid.

Milliner-Geno-Aboushi were all great value picks.

Still not sure of Richardson, and where he will play. Wanted guys like Phillip Thomas, Rambo, Swope, Rogers, Keenan Allen, Patton in round 3-7.
    I honestly have no issue with the draft though. I like the value pics and beefing up the OL.. Im just not going to be blind at the lack of talent at WR we have lol..I have hopes for Hill but I dont see how anyone can assume he will be anything special next year after what we saw this year. He looked completely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    check the patsie receivers of late?

i see more of a silver lining for the jets receivers. was sanchez the problem? hill may have been cringing because sanchez could never seem to be decisive with his throws. so the receivers were constantly being forced to catch in coverage. as for holmes, we'll see what happens with him this season. he's essentially playing for his job so he might be good. te needs to be addressed but keller wasn't as good as he needed to be either. cumberland may surprise or maybe the aussie guy will work out or someone else.

Lolok.

Gronk >>>>>>>>> anything we have at WR/TE

Hernandez >>>>>>>>> anything we have at WR/TE

Amendola >>>> Holmes

Dobson > Hill

Boyce / Edelman = Kerley.

All League
    Look, I LOVE the Geno pick. Low risk, high reward. Has all the tools you look for in a prospect. However, we're setting him up to fail without legit weapons. I like what we did with the line, but giving him:

Santonio Holmes - Locker Room Cancer - Coming off major injury - Might not be 100% - Probably worst "#1" WR in the NFL.

Stephen Hill - Liked the guy coming out. Looked extremely raw last year, and cringed whenever the ball was thrown to him. I don't see the fit in the WCO, and he's missing the IT factor.

Jeremy Kerley - One bright spot at WR. Solid, nifty player in the slot. Will work wonders with Geno. However, he's not an elite slot guy ala Welker, Harvin, Cruz, Cobb.

Jeff Cumberland - Liked the guy until he was thrown into a starting role. Can't block, provide any YAC ability, questionable hands, and looked slow.

Is just going to kill his confidence and ability to make plays.

We NEED to bring in a few veteran WR's/TE's for Geno. Maybe try to strike a deal for a guy like Jermichael Finley or Kenny Britt

Name me one team with worse weapons than us. Honestly.
    For the most part I agree: the exceptions -

1) Kerley might be elite if he had an elite QB throwing to him and a good OC in charge. The OC changed and the QB changed - I am very optomistic.

2) Cumberland: he is and always bill be below average at every facet of TE play. Can't block or catch enough.

3) They did nothing to improve in this area. Next year, there will be 4-5 college teams with better TE's play than the Jets offer.

4) It looks like WR improvement will have to wait for 2014.

If we take out the TE's I would take the Jets WR corps over NE's WR corps.

Amendola has yet to prove consistency in staying on the field. They have no more Welker. Lloyd is gone.

Holmes is a proven veteran, Hill can make plays, but Kerley is the main difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    For the most part I agree: the exceptions -

1) Kerley might be elite if he had an elite QB throwing to him and a good OC in charge. The OC changed and the QB changed - I am very optomistic.

2) Cumberland: he is and always bill be below average at every facet of TE play. Can't block or catch enough.

3) They did nothing to improve in this area. Next year, there will be 4-5 college teams with better TE's play than the Jets offer.

4) It looks like WR improvement will have to wait for 2014.
    Tell me what elite ability Kerley has? Very very good player, nice guy to have on your team. Not elite. Cruz, Harvin Cobb Welker are insanely twitchy. Kerley really doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

Amendola has yet to prove consistency. They have no more Welker. Lloyd is gone.
    Yeah so would I but that's not saying much..but at least they have the TEs lol

All Pro
    Anyone arguing with K-Ro that our recievers aren't the worst in the NFL is fighting a losing battle.

They stink, but so what K-Ro? You can't fill every need on this team- and we are rebuilding from the ground up. You're assuming they throw Geno out there day 1, let's see if that happens....even if it does, he should be protected well with all the meat we have up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

Amendola has yet to prove consistency in staying on the field. They have no more Welker. Lloyd is gone.

Holmes is a proven veteran, Hill can make plays, but Kerley is the main difference.
    Yeah, but the Pats have the best TE corps in the NFL, potentially all time. You can't take that out lol.

And Amendola > Holmes.