Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Our receivers are on par with Philadelphia's?
    Philly is over rated but average. DJax is pretty much a shell of himself. 2 years now he hasnt looked all that good. When you pass 50 times a game your WRs should be putting up some numbers. Yeah maybe Vick but still. Maclin is soso nothing special. Maybe better then DJax as this point but still no one is calling him a top WR. Cooper, Sales, Benn? eh. That is just an average core IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    McFadden can't even stay on the field. Who gives a sh*t?

Yeah, he'll look great for 6 weeks and then be stashed on IR for the other 10.

So Denarius Moore is some kind of dramatic upgrade over Holmes and Kerley? LOL, no.
    When Dmac get over 200 yards on the Jets defense, you will care. Couple points last year offense which wasn't a good fit for raiders young Wr's . Had to do a lot more reading and adjusting the patterns what the defense was doing. They struggled learning nuances of a new offense and more balls went to Rbs and Te than Wr's.

Raiders will be playing an offense more like they played in 2011 . Denarius Moore and Rod Streater with jacoby Ford in the slot is way better than Jets wr core. (Thats not even counting Juron Criner who will get a lot more playing time in 2013.
    The Jets secondary isn't stopping Raiders weapons at WR. It's a poor matchup all around for your secondary against raiders receivers. Jets have no answer for FB Marcel Reece. (they were lucky the last time he went out early- that won't be the case this time)

Your Dline you invested big time in isn't going to be that effective against a big bad nasty Raiders oline. They will punch and beat down your Dline all day. The Jets had trouble big time stopping the run and what have they done to improve that. I'm sorry a dude named Sheldon isn't fixing that problem. ( maybe he can do my taxes)

Second raiders have Qbs that can get the ball to their skill guys and all you have is six excuses. So you could have larry Fitzgerald , Randy Moss and Jerry Rice(in his prime) and it wouldn't matter with what you have at QB.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-28-2013 at 12:24 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    When Dmac get over 200 yards on the Jets defense, you will care. Couple points last year offense which wasn't a good fit for raiders young Wr's . Had to do a lot more reading and adjusting the patterns what the defense was doing. They struggled learning nuances of a new offense and more balls went to Rbs and Te than Wr's.

Raiders will be playing an offense more like they played in 2011 . Denarius Moore and Rod Streater with jacoby Ford in the slot is way better than Jets wr core. (Thats not even counting Juron Criner who will get a lot more playing time in 2013.
    The Jets secondary isn't stopping Raiders weapons at WR. First your Dline and pass rush isn't getting any where close to the Qb. (not against Raiders oline) Jets have no answer for FB Marcel Reece. (they were lucky the last time he went out early- that won't be the case this time)

Your Dline you invested big time in isn't going to be that effective against a big bad nasty Raiders oline. They will punch and beat down your Dline all day. The Jets had trouble big time stopping the run and what have they done to improve that. I'm sorry a dude named Sheldon isn't fixing that problem. ( maybe he can do my taxes)

Second raiders have Qbs that can get the ball to their skill guys and all you have is six excuses.
    We literally hear the same sh*t from you every single offseason and none of it ever comes to fruition.

Ever

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets secondary isn't stopping Raiders weapons at WR. First your Dline and pass rush isn't getting any where close to the Qb. (not against Raiders oline) Jets have no answer for FB Marcel Reece. (they were lucky the last time he went out early- that won't be the case this time)

Second raiders have Qbs that can get the ball to their skill guys and all you have is six excuses.
    The Raiders haven't drafted a pro bowler in the first round in 9 years but you are criticizing other teams drafts. Unreal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We literally hear the same sh*t from you every single offseason and none of it ever comes to fruition.

Ever
    Last time you talked your crap and than Dmac and the Raiders made you shut up. (come up with excuses) Your defense isn't as good as you think it is. You can't even stop the run and haven't done anything to improve that. Sheldon Richardson and Dee Milliner don't fix that problem. (neither does old man garay- who Raiders are quite familiar with)

You will see T Pryor play in acouple of packages. Lets see how your fat boys handle a 6'5 235 with 4.36 speed and your Cbs running with their backs turned.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    The Raiders haven't drafted a pro bowler in the first round in 9 years but you are criticizing other teams drafts. Unreal.
    Hey Wilson will be Awesome. lol Seriously though Raiders started the frame work to rebuild next year. Maybe got 5-7 guys that will start this year. Nothing flashy but they built a solid core. Wilson could very likely be their day 1 starter IMO. Dont sleep on Bass I wish we had taken him in the 7th.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last time you talked your crap and than Dmac and the Raiders made you shut up. (come up with excuses) Your defense isn't as good as you think it is. You can't even stop the run and haven't done anything to improve that. Sheldon Richardson and Dee Milliner don't fix that problem. (neither does old man garay- who Raiders are quite familiar with)

You will see T Pryor play in acouple of packages. Lets see how your fat boys handle a 6'5 235 with 4.36 speed and your Cbs running with their backs turned.
    Yes, we're all shaking in our boots over facing the mighty Raiders led by the great Terrell Pryor.

Really don't know how we'll be able to overcome.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Hey Wilson will be Awesome. lol Seriously though Raiders started the frame work to rebuild next year. Maybe got 5-7 guys that will start this year. Nothing flashy but they built a solid core. Wilson could very likely be their day 1 starter IMO. Dont sleep on Bass I wish we had taken him in the 7th.
    Ive heard that for a long time. I'l believe it when I see it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did I criticize your draft. All I said is your defense isn't stopping Raiders offense . I don't care you play 4-3, 3-4, 46 defense. It doesn't matter as the results will be the same. Again Your not getting anywhere close to the Qb and unlike last time Jets had ability to take out one weapon. They lost that(revis trade) and there isn't one matchup(Raiders Wr versus Jet Cb) that I don't like.

Denarius Moore versus Cromartie. Dee Milliner versus Rod Streater. Kyle wilson versus Jacoby Ford ( all night long) Fb Marcel Reece and RB darren Mcfadden who covering them .
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-28-2013 at 12:54 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did I criticize your draft. All I said is your defense isn't stopping Raiders offense . I don't care you play 4-3, 3-4, 46 defense. It doesn't matter as the results will be the same. Again Your not getting anywhere close to the Qb and unlike last time Jets had ability to take out one weapon. They lost that(revis trade) and there isn't one matchup(Raiders Wr versus Jet Cb) that I don't like.
    A solid decade of you constantly telling us about how great the Raiders will be.

And during that time, they have the worst run of any team in the league.

It's cute, really.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Braylon wont be resigned -- Idzk was in Seattle when Braylon was there and they cut him, so I don't expect him to be back.
    Wasn't it the COACHING STAFF that did the "cutting"?

What did Idzik(the GM) have to do with that?

Look....this offense needs VETERAN Wide-Receivers and Braylon is one of them that can step in and contribute RIGHT AWAY.

Idzik should have no issues with Braylon so long as he is HEALTHY(which was one of the main determining factors of him getting "cut").

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive heard that for a long time. I'l believe it when I see it.
    Raiders havent had a draft like that in decades. Oakland picked up a starting CB, RT, OLB, and loaded up on 2 good TEs. Instant upgrades in all those slots. They grabbed a RB that can go up the middle and block as well as good prospects in QB, DE, and DT. They set themselves up good for next year when they get Clowney and have like 50-60 mil in cash to get something in FA. Yeah they may take a 2-3 years but this is something they should have done like 10 years ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we're all shaking in our boots over facing the mighty Raiders led by the great Terrell Pryor.

Really don't know how we'll be able to overcome.
    Really doesn't matter that you aren't afraid of raiders offense. (YOU Aren't PLAYING) You can bet Rex Ryan and his defense is shaking in their boots ,as they are the ones that have to stop Raiders offense. (you don't forget the beat down Dmac inflicted on his defense)

This time you will see Jacoby Ford (he was out with injury the last time) He will be the guy abusing Kyle Wilson.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-28-2013 at 01:10 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really doesn't matter that your not afraid of raiders offense. (YOU'RE NOT PLAYING) You can bet Rex Ryan and his defense is shaking in their boots as they are the ones that have to stop Raiders offense. (you don't forget the beat down Dmac inflicted on his defense)
    Hey, you're preaching to the choir, sweet cheeks.

The Raiders are the bees knees.

The cats pajamas.

A dominant force to be reckoned with.

The entire NFL is officially on notice.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, you're preaching to the choir, sweet cheeks.

The Raiders are the bees knees.

The cats pajamas.

A dominant force to be reckoned with.

The entire NFL is officially on notice.
    See how easy that was. That the first step in your recovery. Now continue on your merry discussions about your beloved Jets.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah our skill positions are pretty weak. RB will probably be ok but WR and TE is bottom or near the bottom of the league. It's why we probably won't be better than middle of the road at best. It's also why we need to be patient with Smith and Morhinweg, as the tools for them to succeed just aren't there yet.

That said, I'm fine with how we played things during the draft. Our roster was paper thin before, it at least resembles a genuine football team now. Combine that with getting rid of the worst QB in the game and we can't help but be better, even with the abysmal lack of game-changing talent on offense.

We're on the right track, though we're basically starting from scratch. That's better than having lots of talent but spiralling out of control, which is what we were a few seasons ago.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets secondary isn't stopping Raiders weapons at WR. It's a poor matchup all around for your secondary against raiders receivers. Jets have no answer for FB Marcel Reece. (they were lucky the last time he went out early- that won't be the case this time)

Second raiders have Qbs that can get the ball to their skill guys and all you have is six excuses. So you could have larry Fitzgerald , Randy Moss and Jerry Rice(in his prime) and it wouldn't matter with what you have at QB.
    This idiot has some balls coming around so soon after the draft with his usual bull**** bragging about his incompetent team. Child please.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    This idiot has some balls coming around so soon after the draft with his usual bull**** bragging about his incompetent team. Child please.
    The whole thread screams pathetic.

"We're the 2nd worst!"

"No we are!"

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are way off base....holmes and hill got injured..we got them back with kerley and possibly edwards and the UDFA zach rogers....with better o line and a Real running back and better QB play...last year is HISTORY....please try and focus on the NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Look, I LOVE the Geno pick. Low risk, high reward. Has all the tools you look for in a prospect. However, we're setting him up to fail without legit weapons. I like what we did with the line, but giving him:

Santonio Holmes - Locker Room Cancer - Coming off major injury - Might not be 100% - Probably worst "#1" WR in the NFL.

Stephen Hill - Liked the guy coming out. Looked extremely raw last year, and cringed whenever the ball was thrown to him. I don't see the fit in the WCO, and he's missing the IT factor.

Jeremy Kerley - One bright spot at WR. Solid, nifty player in the slot. Will work wonders with Geno. However, he's not an elite slot guy ala Welker, Harvin, Cruz, Cobb.

Jeff Cumberland - Liked the guy until he was thrown into a starting role. Can't block, provide any YAC ability, questionable hands, and looked slow.

Is just going to kill his confidence and ability to make plays.

We NEED to bring in a few veteran WR's/TE's for Geno. Maybe try to strike a deal for a guy like Jermichael Finley or Kenny Britt

Name me one team with worse weapons than us. Honestly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Jets are the only team in football to not have a pro bowl player at a skill position in 4 years. That says something, and I'll be hard pressed to say this is the year we'll have one. Maybe Ivory breaks out, I don't know.
    It says our QB f*cking blows.