Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Look, I LOVE the Geno pick. Low risk, high reward. Has all the tools you look for in a prospect. However, we're setting him up to fail without legit weapons. I like what we did with the line, but giving him:

Santonio Holmes - Locker Room Cancer - Coming off major injury - Might not be 100% - Probably worst "#1" WR in the NFL.

Stephen Hill - Liked the guy coming out. Looked extremely raw last year, and cringed whenever the ball was thrown to him. I don't see the fit in the WCO, and he's missing the IT factor.

Jeremy Kerley - One bright spot at WR. Solid, nifty player in the slot. Will work wonders with Geno. However, he's not an elite slot guy ala Welker, Harvin, Cruz, Cobb.

Jeff Cumberland - Liked the guy until he was thrown into a starting role. Can't block, provide any YAC ability, questionable hands, and looked slow.

Is just going to kill his confidence and ability to make plays.

We NEED to bring in a few veteran WR's/TE's for Geno. Maybe try to strike a deal for a guy like Jermichael Finley or Kenny Britt

Name me one team with worse weapons than us. Honestly.
    Wre not competing for a super bowl this year obviously. But in 2014,we will be way under the cap.Sign a few impact free agents have another good draft, and were right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Our WRs are equal to or better than the Rams, redskins, raiders, chargers, pats, jags, steelers, ravens, titans, yo name a few. Not as bad as its made out to be. Certainly still a work in progress, but you can't fix it overnight.
    Get out of here. You're probably the same guy who really believed you had the third best oline too. (how many sacks has that oline surrendered the last two years) Yea you had the worst offense in football and it was wait for it- The OC fault? Naah it wasn't your wr's. Give Me a break.

Braylon Edwards was your best wr coming off the street . At least address the position in the draft and than say it was fixed. You did nothing to address it and sudedenly this unit will be so much better in 2013. D E L U S I O N A L.

Not to mention you are moving to a WCO offense where these Wr never played in one. YEa but they will thrive because you say so.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-28-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    who the heck expected the Jets to fill so many holes via the draft and free agency....I sure as heck did not expect this...I was NOT optimistic and this is one time I am glad I was wrong.....this team will compete in 2013.
    Comeon are you serious. What have you done to improve the worst offense in football. Geno Smith in time could be the answer but you really think this guy doing anything for you in 2013 .

Mike Goodson sat on sidelines IN carolina and with the Raiders for a reason. He can't protect the football and isn't the best pass protector. ( He isn't
    going to get any more time with Jets if that doesn't improve) 0Chris Ivory was an undafted RB and fourth string Rb and now he the answer for Jets running game. Now were to believe you you have a great rushing attack.

You lost your best TE( well receiver) Dustin Keller. You might have got slightly better on the oline. When your Oline been as bad as the Jets you can only go up. You have zero depth at OT. Don't give me Oday Aboushi who all you have to do is watch the senior bowl practice tape. He made Ducasse look All Pro. Aboushi will probably have to slide inside to guard.

The Jets haven't done anything on offense that going to pay dividends in 2013. Your Oline might improve slightly. But when they were that bad the l;ast two years ,you can only go up. Only thing you will be competing for is the number 1 pick in 2014 draft.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-28-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Comeon are you serious. What have you done to improve the worst offense in football. Geno Smith in time could be the answer but you really think this guy doing anything for you in 2013 .

Mike Goodson sat on sidelines IN carolina and with the Raiders for a reason. He can't protect the football and isn't the best pass protector. ( He isn't
    going to get any more time with Jets if that doesn't improve) 0Chris Ivory was an undafted RB and fourth string Rb and now he the answer for Jets running game. Now were to believe you you have a great rushing attack.

You lost your best TE( well receiver) Dustin Keller. You might have got slightly better on the oline. When your Oline been as bad as the Jets you can only go up. You have zero depth at OT. Don't give me Oday Aboushi who all you have to do is watch the senior bowl practice tape. He made Ducasse look All Pro. Aboushi will probably have to slide inside to guard.

The Jets haven't done anything on offense that going to pay dividends in 2013. Your Oline might improve slightly. But when they were that bad the l;ast two years ,you can only go up. Only thing you will be competing for is the number 1 pick in 2014 draft.
    LOL, okay Raider.........you guys always crack me up. With you guys I always know we're never THAT bad. It always bring me back to perspective. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    LOL, okay Raider.........you guys always crack me up. With you guys I always know we're never THAT bad. It always bring me back to perspective. Thank you.
    Seriously tell me what I said you think I'm over exaggerating on. I stated a lot of things in that post and surely you can tell me where I went wrong. Marty M your new OC will start bringing in guys that fit his offense(you saw it already with rb's and Dustin Keller) Most of the Wr your over hyping won't be Jets, as they are gone once he find his guys. What WR on your roster has played in a WCO offense. A raw receiver like S Hill going to develop in 2013 when he never played in a WCO .
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-28-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Bills have Steven Johnson, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Da'Rick Rogers as well as CJ Spiller

Cleveland has Gordon, Richardson, Bess, Nelson, Kellen Davis.

We have Holmes, Ivory, Kerley, White, Hill

Carolina has Steve Smith, Stewart, Deangelo, Olsen, Lafell

Philly has Desean, Ertz, Maclin, Mccoy, Celek

KC has Bowe, Mccluster, Charles, Avery, Baldwin, Fasano, Moecki, Kelce.

No sense in arguing with homers. We probably have better than Cleveland, and you can say Oakland is a push, but NO WAY KC, Carolina, Washington, Phily.
    The bold doesn't impress me. Carolina may be the worst WR core I dont know what you are getting at here. Out side of Cam that team has nothing on O.

did you not see the multiple wideouts we signed?

I completely disagree. I really like our WR corps. Holmes, Hill, Kerley is a solid 1-2-3. Better than anything the Pats have that's for sure

WHERE DID I SAY WE SUCK. You just put about 50 words in my mouth.

Our weapons suck. We have a really good offensive line, and an elite defensive line/CB play. Probably around 6 wins. Did I say we suck? I said our WEAPONS suck. Don't try to put words in my mouth. You sound like a clown right now.

I like Ivory, but he is unproven as a lead back, and might be better off as a 10-12 carry guy. Mediocre=Average.

Spiller, Rice, MJD, Foster, CJ2K, DMC, Charles, Martin, Richardson, Mccoy, Gore, Lynch, Peterson, Morris, Forte. That's 15 that are no question better, so yeah, mediocre.

Wanna try again?
    "Probably around 6 wins" sums up your thoughts on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    did you not see the multiple wideouts we signed?
    You mean all the undersides UDFA that ran a 4.4 40 yeah. If we find a ST replacement for McKnight that is what they are looking at. At best these guys are #5 on the roster. It is just the JETS saying no we arent bringing back the low up side guys we did late last year.

I think the Jets sign Braylon Edwards to a one year deal (finally). Jets fans are dismissing Hill but WR's usually take a couple of yrs to develop and Hill showed me potential last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Seriously tell me what I said you think I'm over exaggerating on. I stated a lot of things in that post and surely you can tell me where I went wrong. Marty M your new OC will start bringing in guys that fit his offense(you saw it already with rb's and Dustin Keller) Most of the Wr your over hyping won't be Jets, as they are gone once he find his guys. What WR on your roster has played in a WCO offense. A raw receiver like S Hill going to develop in 2013 when he never played in a WCO .
    I trust your judgment. After all you were the guy telling me years ago the raiders drafting Jamarcus Russell over Calvin Johnson was a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I think the Jets sign Braylon Edwards to a one year deal (finally). Jets fans are dismissing Hill but WR's usually take a couple of yrs to develop and Hill showed me potential last season.
    Hill is better right now then Edwards unless he can return punts just no. It doesnt take years to develop a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Hill is better right now then Edwards unless he can return punts just no.
    Hill is better but the Jets need depth because we have no idea if Tone will ever be the same player again and Kerley is really just a slot guy.

Veteran
    Hill is better right now then Edwards unless he can return punts just no.

Lol. Braylon is better than a healthy Holmes. Hill right now is garbage. He never played as tall as he is or as fast. I'm not giving up on hill yet but it doesn't look good.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Lol. Braylon is better than a healthy Holmes. Hill right now is garbage. He never played as tall as he is or as fast. I'm not giving up on hill yet but it doesn't look good.

Edwards 4 years ago was garbage and he still is. time to stop the development project IMO

Veteran
    Edwards 4 years ago was garbage and he still is. time to stop the development project IMO

If by garbage you mean the best wr the jets have had since keychain yeah. The biggest reason tanny got fired was deciding to keep Holmes nd not braylon. This decision set into motion a chain of events that led us to now.

Braylpn is 't all pro but he's better than anything we have on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    If by garbage you mean the best wr the jets have had since keychain yeah.
    +1

lol you gotta love the Braylon Hate Club. Who should we sign instead of Edwards right now? Chaz Schilens? LMFAO

Braylon was garbage as a Jet? Yeah, you definitely deserve the ignore list.

And everyone is in lala land if we think we have a 9-10 win club. 6 wins is very realistic. I can't talk with people who aren't realists.

The bold doesn't impress me. Carolina may be the worst WR core I dont know what you are getting at here. Out side of Cam that team has nothing on O.
    RB/TE part of receiving core.

Steve Smith, Deangelo, Olsen, Stewart > Holmes, Ivory, Goodsen, Cumberland

Bowe and Charles >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Holmes and Ivory

Richardson is going to be a pro bowler next year.

We don't have a weapon.