Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Look, I LOVE the Geno pick. Low risk, high reward. Has all the tools you look for in a prospect. However, we're setting him up to fail without legit weapons. I like what we did with the line, but giving him:

Santonio Holmes - Locker Room Cancer - Coming off major injury - Might not be 100% - Probably worst "#1" WR in the NFL.

Stephen Hill - Liked the guy coming out. Looked extremely raw last year, and cringed whenever the ball was thrown to him. I don't see the fit in the WCO, and he's missing the IT factor.

Jeremy Kerley - One bright spot at WR. Solid, nifty player in the slot. Will work wonders with Geno. However, he's not an elite slot guy ala Welker, Harvin, Cruz, Cobb.

Jeff Cumberland - Liked the guy until he was thrown into a starting role. Can't block, provide any YAC ability, questionable hands, and looked slow.

Is just going to kill his confidence and ability to make plays.

We NEED to bring in a few veteran WR's/TE's for Geno. Maybe try to strike a deal for a guy like Jermichael Finley or Kenny Britt

Name me one team with worse weapons than us. Honestly.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaguars perhaps?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really

Also, you label Holmes a cancer yet you're pissed we didn't draft Da'Rick Rodgers?

Okay...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Jaguars perhaps?
    Not even close.

Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Jordan Shipley, MJD, Denard Robinson, Marcedis Lewis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Look, I LOVE the Geno pick. Low risk, high reward. Has all the tools you look for in a prospect. However, we're setting him up to fail without legit weapons. I like what we did with the line, but giving him:

Santonio Holmes - Locker Room Cancer - Coming off major injury - Might not be 100% - Probably worst "#1" WR in the NFL.

Stephen Hill - Liked the guy coming out. Looked extremely raw last year, and cringed whenever the ball was thrown to him. I don't see the fit in the WCO, and he's missing the IT factor.

Jeremy Kerley - One bright spot at WR. Solid, nifty player in the slot. Will work wonders with Geno. However, he's not an elite slot guy ala Welker, Harvin, Cruz, Cobb.

Jeff Cumberland - Liked the guy until he was thrown into a starting role. Can't block, provide any YAC ability, questionable hands, and looked slow.

We NEED to bring in a few veteran WR's/TE's for Geno. Maybe try to strike a deal for a guy like Jermichael Finley or Kenny Britt

I don't totally disagree but there is some hope:

Disagree with you on Hill. Numbers extremely similar to Demaryius Thomas who came into NFL from the same situation. Hill was wide open a lot, and Buttfumble never noticed him. Hill is freakishly talented.

I think Jordan White fits MMs system really well. He could surprise in training camp.

We might bring back Braylon who looked pretty good end of last year and should finally be 100% healthy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even close.

Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Jordan Shipley, MJD, Denard Robinson, Marcedis Lewis.
    The only player that entices me on that list is Shorts, and I believe Holmes is a much better receiver when fully healthy. I have never been a Blackmon fan, and he has done nothing to alter my perception of himself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Not really

Also, you label Holmes a cancer yet you're pissed we didn't draft Da'Rick Rodgers?

Okay...
    Name me a team with worse playmakers on offense. Good try.

And yeah, after we didn't draft a WR or TE, you gotta sacrifice off field issues to get talent. He has 2nd round value, and is a big physical Wideout. Also, his issues aren't with the team, it's that he's an idiot/pot head.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Name me a team with worse playmakers on offense. Good try.

And yeah, after we didn't draft a WR or TE, you gotta sacrifice off field issues to get talent. He has 2nd round value, and is a big physical Wideout. Also, his issues aren't with the team, it's that he's an idiot/pot head.
    Are you familiar with the Oakland Raiders?

Can anyone even name a single skill player on that offense besides McFadden?

And yeah, you said it. Rodgers is an idiot. Let's move away from those guys.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only plater that entices me on that list is Shorts, and I believe Holmes is a much better receiver when fully healthy. I have never been a Blackmon fan, and he has done nothing to alter my perception of himself.

LOL

Rookie Justin Blackmon - 64 catches - 865 yards - 5 TD's

- Of note - Most of those yards were with Henne. He had 46 catches the 2nd half of the season with Henne at QB. Gabbert didn't help much.

2nd Year Shorts - 55 catches - 979 Yards - 7 TD's. Most with Henne.

We haven't had a WR put up those #'s in years. PLUS Holmes is coming off major injury.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Rookie Justin Blackmon - 64 catches - 865 yards - 5 TD's

- Of note - Most of those yards were with Henne. He had 46 catches the 2nd half of the season with Henne at QB. Gabbert didn't help much.

2nd Year Shorts - 55 catches - 979 Yards - 7 TD's. Most with Henne.

We haven't had a WR put up those #'s in years. PLUS Holmes is coming off major injury.
    Jeremy Kerly put up almost identically the same amount of reviving yards as Blackmon, and I said I like Shorts, however Holmes is simply better, his stats prove that. Moreover, I stated in the aforementioned that when ''fully healthy'' Holmes is better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you familiar with the Oakland Raiders?

Can anyone even name a single skill player on that offense besides McFadden?

And yeah, you said it. Rodgers is an idiot. Let's move away from those guys.

First off:

McFadden > Our Offense

Denarius Moore ring a bell?

You can make the argument that the Raiders weapons are worse, but I rather have DMC, Moore, Ford, Streater than Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Ivory

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we have the worst DL? Secondary? OL? RBs? Even QBs?

We plugged a bunch of holes this weekend, and like you said the off-season isn't over. But I'm willing to go into a season with WR as our biggest problem -- once we see what MM can do with what we've got, then we'll have a better idea of just how much an upgrade we're gonna need next year . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    adding Braylon will make WR corps very suitable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeremy Kerly put up almost identically the same amount of reviving yards as Blackmon, and I said I like Shorts, however Holmes is simply better, his stats prove that. Moreover, I stated in the aforementioned that when ''fully healthy'' Holmes is better.
    Blackmon was also a top 10 pick, and is a big, physical monster with high potential. Blackmon has potential, while Holmes has gotten worse the last 3 years. Blackmon is what 23? Holmes is 28 coming off a major injury, and will likely be cut after the seasons end. Also can't forget MJD, Shorts.

Shorts is kinda comparable to Kerley. Blackmon is a lot better than Holmes. Lewis>>Cumberland. MJD>Ivory

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Do we have the worst DL? Secondary? OL? RBs? Even QBs?

We plugged a bunch of holes this weekend, and like you said the off-season isn't over. But I'm willing to go into a season with WR as our biggest problem -- once we see what MM can do with what we've got, then we'll have a better idea of just how much an upgrade we're gonna need next year . . .
    I never said we suck, I just said we need playmakers for Geno.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off:

McFadden > Our Offense

Denarius Moore ring a bell?

You can make the argument that the Raiders weapons are worse, but I rather have DMC, Moore, Ford, Streater than Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Ivory
    McFadden can't even stay on the field. Who gives a sh*t?

Yeah, he'll look great for 6 weeks and then be stashed on IR for the other 10.

So Denarius Moore is some kind of dramatic upgrade over Holmes and Kerley? LOL, no.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    McFadden can't even stay on the field. Who gives a sh*t?

Yeah, he'll look great for 6 weeks and then be stashed on IR for the other 10.

So Denarius Moore is some kind of dramatic upgrade over Holmes and Kerley? LOL, no.
    We've never seen Ivory carrying the load for a full season.

McFadden and Moore are far more dynamic than anything we have on offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a semi draft "expert" your sig sure does suck.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are the only team in football to not have a pro bowl player at a skill position in 4 years. That says something, and I'll be hard pressed to say this is the year we'll have one. Maybe Ivory breaks out, I don't know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before we throw away our WRs corps... Lets see how they look when there is someone who can throw them the ball...