Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Calm down. There is no plan to do well this year so they don't need good playmaking skill positions yet. They will let Sanchez or Garrard fail with no weapons to throw to, up through the brutal schedule at least through Week 9 when playoffs and even a winning record are out of the question, then they might let Smith play the last few weeks to give him some starting experience. They will have a really high pick as a result and will be able to draft the next QB if nec or Clowney and have the cap space to sign some high power skill guys.
    HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody gets it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our WRs do suck as a group. I think Kerley is an above average slot guy but that's all we have.

Holmes might never play again and we really dont know what we have with Hill.

We improved on the Oline, RB, and hopefully QB this weekend.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calm down. There is no plan to do well this year so they don't need good playmaking skill positions yet. They will let Sanchez or Garrard fail with no weapons to throw to, up through the brutal schedule at least through Week 9 when playoffs and even a winning record are out of the question, then they might let Smith play the last few weeks to give him some starting experience. They will have a really high pick as a result and will be able to draft the next QB if nec or Clowney and have the cap space to sign some high power skill guys.
    So the last few weeks and some starting experience to go and draft another QB in Round 1 next year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Our WRs do suck as a group. I think Kerley is an above average slot guy but that's all we have.

Holmes might never play again and we really dont know what we have with Hill.

We improved on the Oline, RB, and hopefully QB this weekend.
    Hill will have an above average year ......

I hope.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    So the last few weeks and some starting experience to go and draft another QB in Round 1 next year?
    If necessary -as I said - depending on how he does and who is available. It's called hedging your bets. A QB OR Clowney. Depending.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If necessary -as I said - depending on how he does and who is available. It's called hedging your bets. A QB OR Clowney. Depending.
    How does the "if necessary" happen after a few games with a team that is sure to have a losing record if he comes in for the second half of the season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you're assuming that we'll be so sh*tastic this year that we'll end up with a Top 2 pick?

Because that's the only way that we're walking away with Clowney or Bridgewater.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So you're assuming that we'll be so sh*tastic this year that we'll end up with a Top 2 pick?

Because that's the only way that we're walking away with Clowney or Bridgewater.
    Probably not that bad. But they do have a lot of picks they could trade up with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does the "if necessary" happen after a few games with a team that is sure to have a losing record if he comes in for the second half of the season.
    Not sure what is unclear. No one knows how good he will be until he actually plays. They will evaluate him and their moves will depend on that. The record before Smith plays is not relevant to whether they keep him as the starting QB or decide to draft another one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So that would mean we suck.

No, you said we suck.

So we suck.

And a guy in the 4th round will turn out to be a steal, you're really going out on a limb aren't you?

You like him but we're mediocre, but we don't suck, or do we?

So again, we suck.

WHERE DID I SAY WE SUCK. You just put about 50 words in my mouth.

Our weapons suck. We have a really good offensive line, and an elite defensive line/CB play. Probably around 6 wins. Did I say we suck? I said our WEAPONS suck. Don't try to put words in my mouth. You sound like a clown right now.

I like Ivory, but he is unproven as a lead back, and might be better off as a 10-12 carry guy. Mediocre=Average.

Spiller, Rice, MJD, Foster, CJ2K, DMC, Charles, Martin, Richardson, Mccoy, Gore, Lynch, Peterson, Morris, Forte. That's 15 that are no question better, so yeah, mediocre.

Wanna try again?
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 04-27-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Before we throw away our WRs corps... Lets see how they look when there is someone who can throw them the ball...
    I agree completely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    WHERE DID I SAY WE SUCK. You just put about 50 words in my mouth.

Our weapons suck. We have a really good offensive line, and an elite defensive line/CB play. Probably around 6 wins. Did I say we suck? I said our WEAPONS suck. Don't try to put words in my mouth. You sound like a clown right now.

I like Ivory, but he is unproven as a lead back, and might be better off as a 10-12 carry guy. Mediocre=Average.

Spiller, Rice, MJD, Foster, CJ2K, DMC, Charles, Martin, Richardson, Mccoy, Gore, Lynch, Peterson, Morris, Forte. That's 15 that are no question better, so yeah, mediocre.

Wanna try again?
    So what exactly is your point? Are you saying we need more weapons? That's not exactly a profound observation. I would assume you're saying we should have stocked up on those weapons in this draft (especially early). While you may be right, not everyone believes the talent met the spot we were picking at (I would've went beserk if we wasted 13 on Eifert). Does that mean we're going to war with what we have? Probably not, but you're definitely taking the negative side assuming Holmes is done, Hill won't show improvement, Kerley won't continue to progress, Ivory won't be the player we saw flashes of in NO, MM won't get more out of the talent that's already here . . . again, you may be totally correct, but with the improvement we've made overall I think we're a far cry from "handcuffing" Smith (if he even gets in) and we're in a GREAT position to make necessary changes next off-season once we see what they actually are . . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our receivers COULD SUCK, or they could be very good, depending on which Holmes and Edwards you get. If Holmes is Holmes and Edwards is Edwards then you've got a pretty good tandem there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We do not have the worst core by any means. Buff is ready to start 2 rooks. Cleveland has nothing proven. Oakland well just has nothing. NE will likely be starting 2 rooks as well. Josh Boyce scares me more then Amendola or Jenkins. Carolina just has an aged Smith. SD and the RAMS is easy worse then we are even after the draft. We be somewhere with Washton, KC, Jax, and Philly. There is way too much hate for this WR core IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We do not have the worst core by any means. Buff is ready to start 2 rooks. Cleveland has nothing proven. Oakland well just has nothing. NE will likely be starting 2 rooks as well. Josh Boyce scares me more then Amendola or Jenkins. Carolina just has an aged Smith. SD and the RAMS is easy worse then we are even after the draft. We be somewhere with Washton, KC, Jax, and Philly. There is way too much hate for this WR core IMO.
    Our receivers are on par with Philadelphia's?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    adding Braylon will make WR corps very suitable.
    bingo!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Our receivers COULD SUCK, or they could be very good, depending on which Holmes and Edwards you get. If Holmes is Holmes and Edwards is Edwards then you've got a pretty good tandem there.
    edwards isnt on the roster last time i checked???

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have a handle on the WRs currently on thr roster. An under the radar move that Idzik made when he first arrived was the signing of a WR Hazelton. Given what I now know about Idzik it seemed a calculated and very determined signing by Idzik. Could any of these guys fit in with the new system?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I honestly don't think Geno is starting this year. At least not for the first 8-10 weeks.

I think we'll go with Garrard for at least half the season and if he stumbles dramatically, then we'll toss in Geno and see what he has.

And even if we do start Geno, at least he has a potentially dynamic running game to fall back on.

Hell, Bohanon is probably my favorite pick of the draft. Had him as our 7th round pick in damn near every one of my mocks. Damn good lead blocker and excellent receiver out of the backfield. Could potentially line him up at TE as well. Could end up paying dividends as an unheralded player.

We finally have not one, but two RB's that can take it the distance at any given time.

This was a meat and potatoes draft and we went where the value was. So like I said, I can't complain.
    Not sure why everyone seems to think an injury plagued older QB that as not played in 2 years will hold up in TC to start. Just don't see it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cant believe some of the posts bashing Hill as irredeemable. Kid had flashes of good stuff and can get separation.

Just needs some coaching, but can be outstanding with some work on his hands.