Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I forgot about jordan white who was tearing up camp before he got hurt....this team on offense will look nothing like last years mess.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I don't totally disagree but there is some hope:

Disagree with you on Hill. Numbers extremely similar to Demaryius Thomas who came into NFL from the same situation. Hill was wide open a lot, and Buttfumble never noticed him. Hill is freakishly talented.

I think Jordan White fits MMs system really well. He could surprise in training camp.

We might bring back Braylon who looked pretty good end of last year and should finally be 100% healthy.

Hall Of Fame
    chiefs had SIX pro bowlers and won TWO games.....you need to try harder dude.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Jets are the only team in football to not have a pro bowl player at a skill position in 4 years. That says something, and I'll be hard pressed to say this is the year we'll have one. Maybe Ivory breaks out, I don't know.

Bills have Steven Johnson, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Da'Rick Rogers as well as CJ Spiller

Cleveland has Gordon, Richardson, Bess, Nelson, Kellen Davis.

We have Holmes, Ivory, Kerley, White, Hill

Carolina has Steve Smith, Stewart, Deangelo, Olsen, Lafell

Philly has Desean, Ertz, Maclin, Mccoy, Celek

KC has Bowe, Mccluster, Charles, Avery, Baldwin, Fasano, Moecki, Kelce.

No sense in arguing with homers. We probably have better than Cleveland, and you can say Oakland is a push, but NO WAY KC, Carolina, Washington, Phily.

Hall Of Fame
    who the heck expected the Jets to fill so many holes via the draft and free agency....I sure as heck did not expect this...I was NOT optimistic and this is one time I am glad I was wrong.....this team will compete in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I won't dispute that McFadden is more dynamic than anything we have. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league when healthy. But that's the problem, when the hell is he ever healthy?

Hill was known as an extremely raw project when we drafted him. He can clearly generate seperation. If the kid could just learn how to catch with his hands instead of his chest, then the sky is the limit. I haven't given up on him.

The Jets are walking away from the draft adding two bluechip prospects to the defense, solidifying the OL and running game, and now have their QB of the future.

I can't complain

Would I like a dynamic receiver or TE? You betcha.

But we'll have plenty of resources to install that component next year when we'll have 12 draft picks and around $40 million in cap space.

The Jets decided to build the foundation before they went for the fancy trimmings.

And I respect Idzik for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    chiefs had SIX pro bowlers and won TWO games.....you need to try harder dude.
    Injuries, Terrible QB play, and a bad HC. They're a talented team. I don't see your point?

As much as people HATE Rex, he's a good coach. We didn't have any talent, lost our WR, CB, and had the worst QB in football, and still managed to win 6 games.

I love Geno, I feel that he'll be a top 10 QB in 3 years at the latest.

We need weapons. I wanted Swope, Da'Rick, Patton, or Keenan. I don't wanna handcuff Geno like we did to Sanchez, as a die hard fan.

Give a guy a playmaker, and he can make some plays for a young QB.

Luck had Wayne. RG3 had Morris, Garçon, Santana, Davis. Russel had Rice, Tate, Lynch. I can see Geno having a year very similar year one to Tanny. Low numbers but his play on the field will be better than the #'s.

I like Jordan White, but some people are drinking the post draft Kool Aid. We're not going to have a dynamic offense with the players on the roster today. Holmes is coming off major surgery, and has declined 3 years straight. We lost our best weapon at TE. Braylon hasn't been re-signed. Kerley is a nice dude to have in the slot. I don't see the IT factor in Hill. I hope I'm wrong honestly. WR is probably the 2nd highest position to produce busts besides QB. So hard to find the great ones.

We have 12 picks in next years draft. I really hope we can deal one for a Kenny Britt, Ed Dickson, Jermichael Finley, Dexter McCluster/Jonathan Baldwin, Golden Tate.

Hall Of Fame
    your raiders have not had a winnign record in a decade...I'll say this much...looks like you finally have a football man in McKenzie thats making smart moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Where did I criticize your draft. All I said is your defense isn't stopping Raiders offense . I don't care you play 4-3, 3-4, 46 defense. It doesn't matter as the results will be the same. Again Your not getting anywhere close to the Qb and unlike last time Jets had ability to take out one weapon. They lost that(revis trade) and there isn't one matchup(Raiders Wr versus Jet Cb) that I don't like.

Denarius Moore versus Cromartie. Dee Milliner versus Rod Streater. Kyle wilson versus Jacoby Ford ( all night long) Fb Marcel Reece and RB darren Mcfadden who covering them .

All League
    The super high powered Raiders record over the last 10 years. LOL. Come back when you break .500

YEAR W L T
    2012 4 12 0
    2011 8 8 0
    2010 8 8 0
    2009 5 11 0
    2008 5 11 0
    2007 4 12 0
    2006 2 14 0
    2005 4 12 0
    2004 5 11 0
    2003 4 12 0

Hall Of Fame
    OUCH......dude you just hit the poor man below the belt....damn.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    The super high powered Raiders record over the last 10 years. LOL. Come back when you break .500

YEAR W L T
    2012 4 12 0
    2011 8 8 0
    2010 8 8 0
    2009 5 11 0
    2008 5 11 0
    2007 4 12 0
    2006 2 14 0
    2005 4 12 0
    2004 5 11 0
    2003 4 12 0

All League
    OUCH......dude you just hit the poor man below the belt....damn.
    What ?? Too much ?? Just stating some facts

Hall Of Fame
    those are some brutal facts lol.

What ?? Too much ?? Just stating some facts

YEAR W L T
    2012 4 12 0
    2011 8 8 0
    2010 8 8 0
    2009 5 11 0
    2008 5 11 0
    2007 4 12 0
    2006 2 14 0
    2005 4 12 0
    2004 5 11 0
    2003 4 12 0
    Now that is a team you should use the word CIRCUS about!....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Bills have Steven Johnson, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Da'Rick Rogers as well as CJ Spiller

Cleveland has Gordon, Richardson, Bess, Nelson, Kellen Davis.

We have Holmes, Ivory, Kerley, White, Hill

Carolina has Steve Smith, Stewart, Deangelo, Olsen, Lafell

Philly has Desean, Ertz, Maclin, Mccoy, Celek

KC has Bowe, Mccluster, Charles, Avery, Baldwin, Fasano, Moecki, Kelce.

No sense in arguing with homers. We probably have better than Cleveland, and you can say Oakland is a push, but NO WAY KC, Carolina, Washington, Phily.
    We have no TE at all in a league that is going to a 2 TE front all the time.

Hall Of Fame
    actually we do have tight ends on the roster and just signed some free agents.....there are tight ends on the team...go check the roster and you will see lol. We just had a solid draft and some nice offseason moves...a better o line...real running backs and better qb play can lead to better receiver play. to say we have NO receivers or talent at the position is beyond absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    We have no TE at all in a league that is going to a 2 TE front all the time.

Our WRs are equal to or better than the Rams, redskins, raiders, chargers, pats, jags, steelers, ravens, titans, yo name a few. Not as bad as its made out to be. Certainly still a work in progress, but you can't fix it overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Jaguars perhaps?
    Jaguars targetted and drafted WR Justin Blackmon in last years draft. Jets targetted WR Travon Austin but had the draft board cut off at the knees when the Rams who also coveted Austin move up in front of the Jets and grabbed him. Idzik fell asleep at the wheel when the entire world knew that the Rams were trying to move up in front of the Jets.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/j...-ef4a53087c30/

'Strong, physical WR with great body control … Major threat in the red zone evidenced by his 40 career TDs in three seasons … Two-time All-America selection and two-time winner of Biletnikoff Award as nation’s top receiver … Finished with 253 career receptions for 3,564 yards … Was first of four wide receivers selected in the first round … Selected with the fifth pick of the draft, obtained from Tampa Bay in exchange for 1st (7th) and 4th (101)-round selections … Third-highest selection in franchise history (Tony Boselli, 2nd overall, 1995; Kevin Hardy, 2nd overall, 1996) … First player drafted by the Jaguars from Oklahoma State and highest drafted player at school since Barry Sanders (3rd overall) in 1989 … Became fourth WR taken in the first round in franchise history, and 21st overall'
    Last edited by rajensen088; 04-28-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    FINDING a WR is a bit easier than getting a solid DB.....our WR corp is also not as bad as many perceive.

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    Jaguars targetted and drafted WR Justin Blackmon in last years draft. Jets targetted WR Travon Austin but had the draft board cut off at the knees when the Rams who also coveted Austin move up in front of the Jets and grabbed him. Idzik fell asleep at the wheel when the entire world knew that the Rams were trying to move up in front of the Jets.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/j...-ef4a53087c30/

'Strong, physical WR with great body control … Major threat in the red zone evidenced by his 40 career TDs in three seasons … Two-time All-America selection and two-time winner of Biletnikoff Award as nation’s top receiver … Finished with 253 career receptions for 3,564 yards … Was first of four wide receivers selected in the first round … Selected with the fifth pick of the draft, obtained from Tampa Bay in exchange for 1st (7th) and 4th (101)-round selections … Third-highest selection in franchise history (Tony Boselli, 2nd overall, 1995; Kevin Hardy, 2nd overall, 1996) … First player drafted by the Jaguars from Oklahoma State and highest drafted player at school since Barry Sanders (3rd overall) in 1989 … Became fourth WR taken in the first round in franchise history, and 21st overall'

Kerley's a good slot receiver.

Outside of that the rest is a big question mark.

I believe in Stephen Hill, but if he didn't sit in front of a JUGGS machine this off-season, we're screwed with him. It's this season or never for Hill. As for Holmes, how will he come back? Will he reinjure the foot? Holmes is just a career question mark and better suited as a No.2. Still a good receiver when healthy and motivated, but will he be?

Jordan White is going to get every chance to make this team as a No.4 WR. The guy has talent. Perhaps he shines it this season.

Personally I think we're in the bottom 5, but not the worst. I would give that title to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

YEAR W L T
    2012 4 12 0
    2011 8 8 0
    2010 8 8 0
    2009 5 11 0
    2008 5 11 0
    2007 4 12 0
    2006 2 14 0
    2005 4 12 0
    2004 5 11 0
    2003 4 12 0
    My response is get to a super bowl and than talk. One lousy super bowl appearance in their history and that was 1969.(were you even alive to witness that) . That's the only response I have to give.

Now Here is jets big problem. They are at least a couple years away. There big cogs on the oline will be declining just when they start to turn it around. (Dbrick and Mangold) It's not easy to replace those two key .positions.

All League
    actually we do have tight ends on the roster and just signed some free agents.....there are tight ends on the team...go check the roster and you will see lol. We just had a solid draft and some nice offseason moves...a better o line...real running backs and better qb play can lead to better receiver play. to say we have NO receivers or talent at the position is beyond absurd.
    The Jets have bad TE's on the roster and are bringing in guys so good that nobody bothered to draft them. Together, they will be in the bottom five in the league.

Btw - I didn't hate the draft. You can't fix everything in one year. But, jets fans can't pretend the receiving corps are well below average.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 04-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.