Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grading Idzik's Draft moves

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    agree. people seem to forget thast revis held out twice in 6 seasons and he was going to pull the same crap in the near future. maybe a first isn't high enough talent wise but his propensity to held out also diminished his trade value to other teams.
    From inside looking out it does look like a great move but from outside looking in its not impressive

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    Round 4

Chris Ivory trade A++
    You give up a 4th round pick and get a 1st round caliber player with a lot of tread still left on the tires... how the **** he pulled this one off?? bad move on the saints part
    I'll reserve A++ status until he actually shows us something in green and white. Right now he's around a B+ (noting both his injury history and physical ability) with potential to ascend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    First off, Sheldon Richardson certainly reminds one of Warren Sapp on tape. It's a bit of a weird fit positionally - but recall that we play Brady twice a year and likely will for three more years. The one piece of kryptonite on Brady is pressure up the middle.

I get everyone wants twitchy edge rushers, but part of me also thinks that teams have evolved on the offensive line to deal with that. I mean, all rushing talent aside there is no one playing today who measures up to the disruptive talents of a Lawrence Taylor, Mark Gastineau or Reggie White. Yes - rushers get their sacks - but they don't have the same game impact they used to IMO. The quick passing game is certainly part of it.

Anyway, trying to have a whole line that can bring pressure across all three downs - that's sort of where we are heading - and at least I think it may be a bit of forward-thinking.
    Just what I was thinking. This guy stands out for his ability to disrupt the pocket and cause discomfort for the qb. He can flush out qb's for the DE's and OLB's to harvest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    agree. people seem to forget thast revis held out twice in 6 seasons and he was going to pull the same crap in the near future. maybe a first isn't high enough talent wise but his propensity to held out also diminished his trade value to other teams.
    We got 6 seasons out of him for LESS than $10M per year, took a run at two Super Bowls, and now cut him loose when he's getting ridiculously expensive, has an injury concern, and is slightly older. Also, the 14th pick we used on him came back to us as the #13 this year. Essentially, we leased him for relatively cheap with an option to buy, then gave him back to the dealership and got 100% of our down payment back.

Let's move on. It was a wise and fair move for the Jets to make.

I'm glad we have a 3rd/4th next year too.