Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grading Idzik's Draft moves

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    we already run multiple fronts, whats your point? you dont pass up on warren sapp twice
    You said that if we run more 46 defense he will be good for that. I was responding to that. You didn't say anything about multiple fronts. And that is something that scouts have questioned about Richardson. He is not really scheme versatile. The consensus is that he is a one-gap penetrator that would fit best in the 4-3. Which is fine for him but what about our other DL. Not all of them fit the 4-3.

I think Richardson is a good player. However, I think it was a strange and risky pick for the Jets. Not sure how he will fit. And if he is not a 3 down player then he is a bad pick.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    They are the only team within a league of 30 that wanted to do so though. There is a sucker born every minute.
    the 30 teams would've gladly paid Revis, they just didn't want to pay us too

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Link?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off, Sheldon Richardson certainly reminds one of Warren Sapp on tape. It's a bit of a weird fit positionally - but recall that we play Brady twice a year and likely will for three more years. The one piece of kryptonite on Brady is pressure up the middle.

I get everyone wants twitchy edge rushers, but part of me also thinks that teams have evolved on the offensive line to deal with that. I mean, all rushing talent aside there is no one playing today who measures up to the disruptive talents of a Lawrence Taylor, Mark Gastineau or Reggie White. Yes - rushers get their sacks - but they don't have the same game impact they used to IMO. The quick passing game is certainly part of it.

Anyway, trying to have a whole line that can bring pressure across all three downs - that's sort of where we are heading - and at least I think it may be a bit of forward-thinking.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You cannot confirm that. However, I can confirm only one team within the entire league were stupid enough to muster the fortitude to pay 16 million dollars to a CB albeit a great one, coming off a significant ACL injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You cannot confirm that. However, I can confirm only one team within the entire league were stupid enough to muster the fortitude to pay 16 million dollars to a CB albeit a great one, coming off a significant ACL injury.
    I'd go so far as to say there are more teams that would give up the 1st rounder than the $16M price tag . . .

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You said that if we run more 46 defense he will be good for that. I was responding to that. You didn't say anything about multiple fronts. And that is something that scouts have questioned about Richardson. He is not really scheme versatile. The consensus is that he is a one-gap penetrator that would fit best in the 4-3. Which is fine for him but what about our other DL. Not all of them fit the 4-3.

I think Richardson is a good player. However, I think it was a strange and risky pick for the Jets. Not sure how he will fit. And if he is not a 3 down player then he is a bad pick.
    Richardson will get after Tom Brady who likes to step up in the pocket to throw, and thats the only way to win this division

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'd go so far as to say there are more teams that would give up the 1st rounder than the $16M price tag . . .
    I agree completely, the compensation was not the primary issue for the other 29 teams, it was the 16 million, combined with the injury.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Link?
    CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Pragmatic Bus; 04-27-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson will get after Tom Brady who likes to step up in the pocket to throw, and thats the only way to win this division
    Richardson will do just fine and I believe he'll be a disruptive force.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to know where you spend your time away from here.

And that you're not worth having any serious discussion with . . .

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to know where you spend your time away from here.

And that you're not worth having any serious discussion with . . .
    Hey you asked for it... I can't believe you actually clicked LMFAO

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey you asked for it...
    Sorry bud, that was incredibly immature and improper from your end.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't realize you were that old. And congrats on the whole no gag reflex thing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry bud, that was incredibly immature and improper from your end.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I didn't realize you were that old. And congrats on the whole no gag reflex thing.
    Bwahahaa...thnx right back at ya partna

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your upcoming vacation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Round 4

Chris Ivory trade A++
    You give up a 4th round pick and get a 1st round caliber player with a lot of tread still left on the tires... how the **** he pulled this one off?? bad move on the saints part
    saints loaded at rb

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Enjoy your upcoming vacation.
    Whatever, I'm just Chilaxin, and I'll stay chillaxin, cuz unlike you I got a life

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree. people seem to forget thast revis held out twice in 6 seasons and he was going to pull the same crap in the near future. maybe a first isn't high enough talent wise but his propensity to held out also diminished his trade value to other teams.

You do not give 16 million dollars to a CB coming off major ACL surgery, you simply don't.