Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grading Idzik's Draft moves

Undrafted Free Agent

Grading Idzik's Draft moves

ROUND 1

Darrelle Revis Trade C-
    It's unfair to Idzik because the owner didn't wanna pay, proly the best player in the history of this team but whenever you trade away a future Hall of Famer for a single 1st round pick its bad...

Dee Milliner A+
    Love this pick, the Best player left on the board, I had him as the 2nd best player overall... can't believe he fell in our laps like that

Sheldon Richardson A-
    Best available player but a poor scheme fit... love the player though, When u see him play he reminds you of Warren Sapp with that quick fast physical play style

Hall Of Fame
    How could Richardson be an A- if he doesn't fit our scheme?

Undrafted Free Agent
    ROUND 2

Geno Smith C
    What can I say, 32 fumbles ... scares the crap out of me but I'll give him points for cojones

Revis Trade -- A+
    Knowing the guy wanted (and would get) $16M a year made this a no-brainer. TB had no intention of giving up their 1st, yet still did even though they were bidding against themselves

Miliner -- B+
    While I'm glad we were able to get a supposed stud, I just don't think we need an elite secondary to have an elite defense

Richardson -- A-
    Actually wanted Cooper/Star at 9/13, so Richardson came close to fitting the bill. Trusting Rex has a plan for this "poor scheme fit". Once I heard "Warren Sapp potential" I was sold

(FTR I wanted NOTHING to do with Eifert that early, and was a little nervous about Austin, so I had no trouble going all D even before the draft started . . .)

Smith -- B
    Just don't see how you pass up the supposed best QB in the class, but not holding out any hope until he actually shows me something
    Last edited by OCCH; 04-27-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How could Richardson be an A- if he doesn't fit our scheme?
    becuz if we play more 46 and even fronts he will make plays in the back field, he is a rare talent u dont pass up, he might even be better than milliiner when it's all said and done

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    ROUND 1

Darrelle Revis Trade C-
    It's unfair to Idzik because the owner didn't wanna pay, proly the best player in the history of this team but whenever you trade away a future Hall of Famer for a single 1st round pick its bad...
    Disagree ... You are grading Idzik ... He was put in a must trade this player at all costs ... Only had 1 team willing to ante in the game ... Getting the 13th pick and next years 3 I'd give at least a B+

Hall Of Fame
    becuz if we play more 46 and even fronts he will make plays in the back field, he is a rare talent u dont pass up, he might even be better than milliiner when it's all said and done
    So we took a guy in the first round so we can run more of the antiquated 46 defense?

Scary thing is that you might be right. But that doesn't make it a good pick.

Undrafted Free Agent
    ROUND 3

Brian Winter A-
    Tough physical player who finishes plays... needs to play with leverage and technique more consistantly

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Disagree ... You are grading Idzik ... He was put in a must trade this player at all costs ... Only had 1 team willing to ante in the game ... Getting the 13th pick and next years 3 I'd give at least a B+
    he should've told woody to pay da man instead

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So we took a guy in the first round so we can run more of the antiquated 46 defense?

Scary thing is that you might be right. But that doesn't make it a good pick.
    we already run multiple fronts, whats your point? you dont pass up on warren sapp twice

You do not give 16 million dollars to a CB coming off major ACL surgery, you simply don't.

Which would have then earned him an F . . .

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    You do not give 16 million dollars to a CB coming off major ACL surgery, you simply don't.
    Tampa Bay just did, didn't they, and they had to pay us that 13th and the conditional pick

He fits our scheme...Rex will use multiple looks.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Which would have then earned him an F . . .
    thats your opinion

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    He fits our scheme...Rex will use multiple looks.
    he fits some of the fronts but not all, Kendrick Ellis will be the NT in 3-4

Tampa Bay just did, didn't they, and they had to pay us that 13th and the conditional pick
    They are the only team within a league of 30 that wanted to do so though. There is a sucker born every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    They are the only team within a league of 30 that wanted to do so though. There is a sucker born every minute.
    Amazing people can't understand this . . .

ROUND 2

Geno Smith C
    What can I say, 32 fumbles ... scares the crap out of me but I'll give him points for cojones
    Maybe geno will learn not to turn ball over, something Sanchez couldn't learn in 4 years.. Geno did complete 70% passes, a wet dream for mark . Can't see how any jet fan trashes geno pick, 90% of us thought he wouldn't even fall to 9 so wasn't much of a debate.. We almost picked him at 13. We picked him in 2nd rd without trading up and fans complain ...amazing

Undrafted Free Agent
    Round 4

Chris Ivory trade A++
    You give up a 4th round pick and get a 1st round caliber player with a lot of tread still left on the tires... how the **** he pulled this one off?? bad move on the saints part