Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zach Rogers- Our UDFA

Impressive..looks like a good size/speed guy!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    this guys garbage, wil be lucky if he makes the team. Dont believe the hype
    Cant be any worse than guys like jason hill

Banned
    Oh so now I get your schtick. If there is anything Jets related that other people might be happy about it's your job to say negative things about it in order to get some attention. We already have enough of those types of characters around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Oh so now I get your schtick. If there is anything Jets related that other people might be happy about it's your job to say negative things about it in order to get some attention. We already have enough of those types of characters around here.
    huh? what?? First negative thing ive said about this entire draft. Plus, this is probably the first negative thing ive posted about an individual player since draft day 09 when we drafted sanchez when i said he was a fraud and was fooling everyone and would be out of the league by 2015. What, im not allowed to not like this UDFA wr? and think hes not the player everyone is trying to make him out to be?? No big deal though hes an UDFA. Where are you getting your facts about me from??? Incorrect and way off buddy

Zack Rodgers is a steal for the Jets. This kid was ranked in the top 200 players in the whole draft which puts him as a mid 6th round pick. ESPN insider gives him an Exception grade in competiveness - says hes fearless over the middle.

1=EXCEPTIONAL 2=ABOVE AVERAGE 3=AVERAGE 4=BELOW AVERAGE

Wide Receiver Specific Traits

SEPERATION SKILLS - 2- A crafty overall route runner. Quick starter and can eat up defenders cushions. Does a nice job of working within stem to gain initial leverage on defenders. Displays above-average suddenness and arms appear to be moving a million miles an hour making it very hard for defenders to anticipate and read route. Also shows a quick burst out of cuts to create separation. Very savvy working against zone coverage and locates downfield pockets well. Lacks bulk and needs to get stronger as a route runner. Too easily can get knocked off route by more physical defenders in press coverage.

BALL SKILLS - 2 - Will let the ball into frame on occasion particularly with short throws but overall shows reliable hands. Flashes ability to pluck the ball on the run without breaking stride. Has just an average catching radius but shows good body to open up and make catch outside of strike zone. Doesn't have elite leaping ability and combined with just average height and bulk he won't win many downfield battles.

BIG PLAY ABILITY - 4 - Short-strider but possesses deceptive top-end speed and can get behind coverage to produce a big play. Does not have the size and leaping ability to consistently win one-on-one downfield battles. Transitions very quickly after the catch and shows a quick short-area burst to ruin an initial angle. While he can make the first defender miss he shows just average-to-slightly above-average elusiveness to get in-and-out of traffic and turn a short-throw into a big play.

COMPETITIVENESS - 1 - Fearless working the middle of the field. Shows very good focus in traffic and will pull in catch while absorbing a big hit. Possesses excellent field and sideline awareness. Works to get open off of quarterback scramble. Smart after the catch and knows where the sticks are to pick up the first down and move the chains. Gives good effort as a blocker but can be overpowered by bigger and more physical receivers at times.

Great pick-up for the Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    what hype...have you seen him play....as a Florida alum I WATCH SEC football and not just highlights reels.....you say he is garbage when he is tearing up solid SEC defenses.....are you blind or is it that your football IQ is too low to know a good pick up when you see it. You said he is garbage...amazing.

All League
    I judge picks by their potential nicknames or catch phrases, so "Zach Attack" works for me. Good pick up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post

Gives good effort as a blocker but can be overpowered by bigger and more physical receivers at times.
    Can someone explain how one receiver can overpower another one? Does that make any sense?

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Can someone explain how one receiver can overpower another one? Does that make any sense?
    He probably meant to say overpowered by some corners, but even if so, he can just be put into motion.

Yeah, he might need to beef up a bit as a pro, and he will have to make an impression on special teams, but he is a potentially a real nice slot guy.

Zack's a super pickup as a FA.

He's like B. Hartline and the Dolphags paid him how much??

wish we had signed conner vernon instead. The raiders got him.

Great pick-up. Was under-the-radar a bit because Patterson and Hunter were ahead of him. I think he was one of the better WR available as an UDFA and he has great attitude.