Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets Losers in the draft

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I plugged it back in
    that lasted long. good thing i didnt hold my breath

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I plugged it back in
    welcome back!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...winners-losers

How does this make any sense???

to sum it up Clayton basically said that the draft had nothing to do with grading them, but because they are the jets and are a circus they automatically are the biggest losers in the draft. I know the media hates the jets and everything and im used to it, but there is absolutely no logical reasoning behind this. he even says that the jets made good decisions in the draft, but yet they are the biggest losers in the draft for reasons that dont have to do with this draft. this is just ****ing dumb. **** you clayton you ugly ****!!!

Fuk john clayton. Stupid fuk he is.
    Grading the draft is about how those players might improve your team, not salary implications or previous contract disputes or hurt feelings by existing players. What a miserable c-sucker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's all part of the conspiracy. I'm part of it. You're part of it. We're all in on it.

The idea is to make the Jets look bad. After all, they don't do a good enough job of it on their own.

SAR I
    Is this the authentic SAR?
    Is this the sarcastic SAR?
    Is this the parody SAR?
    Sadly, I can't take your posts seriously anymore...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One last thing...fuk john clayton. Look at him, he looks he would be the curator at the Scrotum Museum.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    charlie casserly said the very opposite....in the long run I make judgement with what I see on the field....but I'll take more stock in casserlys word over claytons.

Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...winners-losers

How does this make any sense???

to sum it up Clayton basically said that the draft had nothing to do with grading them, but because they are the jets and are a circus they automatically are the biggest losers in the draft. I know the media hates the jets and everything and im used to it, but there is absolutely no logical reasoning behind this. he even says that the jets made good decisions in the draft, but yet they are the biggest losers in the draft for reasons that dont have to do with this draft. this is just ****ing dumb. **** you clayton you ugly ****!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It's going to be a big suprise to all the talking heads when we keep sanchez for this last year.
    Exactly,I just don't understand the logic of getting rid of him.His stock cannot be any lower than it currently is so the only way for him is up.That and the fact we are expected to be a contender for the No1 pick means there is actually,in a perverse kind of way,no pressure....no expectation.

The smart move is to make him compete(and earn that 17M)...He either continues to be a failure under yet another OC or begins to turn it around a little.At worst he's an experienced back-up.

The mess we got ourselves into was we were so all in with Mark that there was no viable alternative,thus he had to play and the downward spiral continued.Finally he has to earn it and with Garrard and Broadway Geno there will be competition.It's going to be tough for him the moment he lines up under centre but with expectations so low for 2013 there's a chance he gets to rebuild his confidence and perhaps have some trade value going into 2014.

Tannenbaum played far too fast and loose with drft picks for my liking.A number of times we just released guys who we actually should've been able to recoup something for(Pennington & the Vilma trade spring to mind).Fortunately Idzik appears not to have inherited that mentality.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot stop laughing at the mike ray lewis fracesa

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Is this the authentic SAR?
    Is this the sarcastic SAR?
    Is this the parody SAR?
    Sadly, I can't take your posts seriously anymore...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd keep him at least for the year...it will in no way hurt this team...I however doubt that we will be a contender for the number one pick....this team right now is already more talented than last years squad. They will also have 12 picks in 2014. this team will compete this year....I am not saying getting past the patriots but the talk of them winning 3 games is idiotic...they won 6 games in 2012 with arguably one of the worst offenses in nfl history....we have a real OC....real running backs and a solid o line with depth...Qb PLAY WILL BE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR.....truly do not get why people think they will be horrid...I'm looking around the league....this team will compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Exactly,I just don't understand the logic of getting rid of him.His stock cannot be any lower than it currently is so the only way for him is up.That and the fact we are expected to be a contender for the No1 pick means there is actually,in a perverse kind of way,no pressure....no expectation.

The smart move is to make him compete(and earn that 17M)...He either continues to be a failure under yet another OC or begins to turn it around a little.At worst he's an experienced back-up.

The mess we got ourselves into was we were so all in with Mark that there was no viable alternative,thus he had to play and the downward spiral continued.Finally he has to earn it and with Garrard and Broadway Geno there will be competition.It's going to be tough for him the moment he lines up under centre but with expectations so low for 2013 there's a chance he gets to rebuild his confidence and perhaps have some trade value going into 2014.

Tannenbaum played far too fast and loose with drft picks for my liking.A number of times we just released guys who we actually should've been able to recoup something for(Pennington & the Vilma trade spring to mind).Fortunately Idzik appears not to have inherited that mentality.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I'd keep him at least for the year...it will in no way hurt this team...I however doubt that we will be a contender for the number one pick....this team right now is already more talented than last years squad. They will also have 12 picks in 2014. this team will compete this year....I am not saying getting past the patriots but the talk of them winning 3 games is idiotic...they won 6 games in 2012 with arguably one of the worst offenses in nfl history....we have a real OC....real running backs and a solid o line with depth...Qb PLAY WILL BE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR.....truly do not get why people think they will be horrid...I'm looking around the league....this team will compete.

I agree,I think we are underrated right now,I actually believe Sanchez is underrated right now.I was talking about the apparent perception around the league and with what seems like 70% of the people who post on the board that the season is lost already and that it's all about getting the No1 pick.If you believe we suck( and neither you nor I do)then I fail to see why you would get rid of Sanchez.There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by letting him have a shot under MM and turning it around.

I'll go even further and say that Sanchez has a steady rehabilitation that leads us back to playoff contention and that this time next year all the 'experts' will actually be full of 'the Jets would be crazy to trade Mark Sanchez when Geno is so unproven'

By the way the Ray Francesa has me laughing too