Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Losers in the draft

Jets Losers in the draft

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...winners-losers

How does this make any sense???
    Losers

1. New York Jets: This has nothing to do with the draft. John Idzik's first draft was solid. You can't go wrong taking cornerback Dee Milliner, defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson and quarterback Geno Smith. That's as solid as it gets. The problem is the circus that follows. The Jets needed to draft a quarterback because Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow are short-timers. Taking Smith on Friday could mean Sanchez's exit will come soon. Despite his early success in helping the team go to two AFC title games, Sanchez's situation now recalls what happened to Joey Harrington at the end of his career in Detroit. The Lions were annual losers. Harrington was drafted to be the savior, but after a while, players attached the losing to him. Though unfair, that stigma affected his ability to lead. Sanchez now represents the recent decline of this team. The situation isn't much different from Carson Palmer's in Oakland. The Raiders took the cap hit to trade him. Because he has $8.25 million guaranteed, Sanchez is untradeable. Releasing him would give the Jets $16.9 million of dead money this year and $4.8 million next year if they use the June 1 designation. Though it might seem silly to pay Sanchez $8.25 million to not play for the Jets, Smith's selection starts a new era. The Jets need to make a quick decision, though. Sanchez has a $500,000 workout bonus, so each day he works out cost them $12,500 in cash and in cap. Letting Darrelle Revis go to Tampa Bay cost them $13 million in dead money. Adding Sanchez's potential dead cap money would bring this year's total to $37.8 million. The Raiders have $49.5 million. It can be done, but the process is painful.
    to sum it up Clayton basically said that the draft had nothing to do with grading them, but because they are the jets and are a circus they automatically are the biggest losers in the draft. I know the media hates the jets and everything and im used to it, but there is absolutely no logical reasoning behind this. he even says that the jets made good decisions in the draft, but yet they are the biggest losers in the draft for reasons that dont have to do with this draft. this is just ****ing dumb. **** you clayton you ugly ****!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charlie Casserly, one of the most respected GM's in NFL history, called us the biggest winners of the draft.

But what the hell does a 3-time Superbowl winning executive know compared to the human dick with ears?

That is actually completely illogical.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...winners-losers

How does this make any sense???

to sum it up Clayton basically said that the draft had nothing to do with grading them, but because they are the jets and are a circus they automatically are the biggest losers in the draft. I know the media hates the jets and everything and im used to it, but there is absolutely no logical reasoning behind this. he even says that the jets made good decisions in the draft, but yet they are the biggest losers in the draft for reasons that dont have to do with this draft. this is just ****ing dumb. **** you clayton you ugly ****!!!
    one of the local channel's broadcasts (with Cimini) was very similar. He very methodically went through the draft, how good each player was and what contribution they would make. then the 'reporter' concluded by saying 'thank you. And the circus continues'. What A Joke!

All League
    That's literally incoherent nonsense. It makes no sense with respect to the draft. Ignore everything but this statement.
    John Idzik's first draft was solid. You can't go wrong taking cornerback Dee Milliner, defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson and quarterback Geno Smith. That's as solid as it gets.

Basically he is saying the draft is costing us 30+ mil in dead cap space so we are losers. Never mind we improved the team from last year and that money was burned before the draft.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I once walked into the bathroom, turned on the light, and saw a spider on my mirror.

It scared me. So I cried.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That is actually completely illogical.
    thank you. any other team that would have had the same needs, record, and same selections wouldn't have even thought to be mentioned in the Losers column

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I once walked into the bathroom, turned on the light, and saw a spider on my mirror.

SAR I
    you need to get out. you sound really bored. 30,000 posts ago you should have realized how much of a waste of time you are.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    you need to get out. you sound really bored. 30,000 posts ago you should have realized how much of a waste of time you are.
    You know what, I apologize. Truly.

You want to let the big-bad bully spit in your hair and you want the right to cry about it without being bothered. Carry on. Need a tissue, or are you man-up to use your sleeve?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    John Clayton simply has zero credibility. None. Zilch.

I can't even believe ESPN went to press with this. It got through edits and content review before posting???

If he said that the drafting of a QB was puzzling or that it could cause issues, or that the Jets should have addressed other needs in round 2, then fine. But saying the Jets are losers in the draft for taking a very good QB simply because it could cause a controversy or have some Cap complications is nuts!

How do you get the best players in the draft (or one of the top two) at 3 different positions including QB, and then get categorized as a draft "loser"?

SAR I
    I once read a JI thread, saw another SAR post, and I read it.

It confused me. So I shrugged.

All League
    When I think about athletes and sports I think about John Clayton

You know what, I apologize. Truly.

You want to let the big-bad bully spit in your hair and you want the right to cry about it without being bothered. Carry on. Need a tissue, or are you man-up to use your sleeve?

SAR I
    i dont wear sleeves

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I once read a JI thread, saw another SAR post, and I read it.

It confused me. So I shrugged.
    It's all part of the conspiracy. I'm part of it. You're part of it. We're all in on it.

The idea is to make the Jets look bad. After all, they don't do a good enough job of it on their own.

SAR I

It's going to be a big suprise to all the talking heads when we keep sanchez for this last year.

All Pro
    i dont wear sleeves

All Pro
    We should all seriously unplug the wifi and tv for the next 2 years - I'm in this is my last post, no more terrible media

All Pro
    I plugged it back in

All Pro
    but **** these guys seriously