Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of the word "circus"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sick of the word "circus"

I just can't stand it anymore. To any media that reads this site, please stop using it. You're not cool or trendy anymore. If your opinion is the jets suck and every move they make sucks, please just say they suck. Thank you.

I'm having nightmares of a circus from hell with the clown from "It"

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah its gotten kind of ridiculous

I get that the Jets sucked last year but it's not like we're the Browns over here. I think the only thing that'll stop the "circus" perception is ditching Sanchez and Tebow...even then, it might not end until Ryan is gone.

I hate it, there was a measure of truth to it when we first brought Tebow in, but now if we make any move at all its automatically part of the "circus"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It's less redundant if we switch it to French this season.

"Les Jets sont un cirque."

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Easiest and quickest thing Idzik can do to quell the circus stuff is cut Tebow. It's ridiculous that he's even on the roster at this point. Cutting Tebow would let it be known that the Jets are all about football and winning games

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    quite true...that should happen soon.....even with that the media will still find something to say...to be honest it does not bother me at all.....I see what Idzik and the jets are doing...they changed the face of the this team almost overnight with the draft and free agency....thats all I need to see....what the media says is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Easiest and quickest thing Idzik can do to quell the circus stuff is cut Tebow. It's ridiculous that he's even on the roster at this point. Cutting Tebow would let it be known that the Jets are all about football and winning games

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    As a fan of a team that spent some years as the laughingstock of the NFL, I think the circus atmosphere all starts at the top. Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan are the artists who have painted the Jets' picture. Maybe the new GM can touch it up a bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets are on the right path.....this sio called circus talk was not mentioned in 2009 and 2010...not all jets fans are affected by mere idiotic banter from the media....all I know is that this team got better since idzik took over.....rex is a darn good coach who will focus on the defense and woody had enough sense to bring Idzik in......nothing needs touching up....the jets needed talent and we now have it along with a foundation.....cowboys have 1 playoff win since 96....bills..dolphins..browns..lions...raiders etc have stunk pretty much year in and year out....jets fans with common sense knows there are many teams who are worse off......everyone talks about the jets always has a idiotic spin....let them keep spinning....this 2013 team will be competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    As a fan of a team that spent some years as the laughingstock of the NFL, I think the circus atmosphere all starts at the top. Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan are the artists who have painted the Jets' picture. Maybe the new GM can touch it up a bit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    :...what the media says is meaningless.
    For those in the media, sports has stopped being an athletic event and is now entertainment. They'd rather force feed us bs than the athleticism that makes sports entertaining in the first place. I think MLB was the first to push sports in that direction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    quite true...if you take away drama and they only have SPORTS to discuss, it will show that they are truly clueless about sports in general.

For those in the media, sports has stopped being an athletic event and is now entertainment. They'd rather force feed us bs than the athleticism that makes sports entertaining in the first place. I think MLB was the first to push sports in that direction.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No team has been worse over the years than the Detroit Lions, yet, we don't hear much about that. Is it because they're an old guard NFL team? I think that may be behind the mediots slant on things. They seem to take more shots at AFC teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lions...browns.....raiders....dallas is supposedly americas team with one playoff win going on 17 years....thats is facts that do not get past me and thats why the circus talk never got me upset. I lived in boston in 2011-12 and I still can't beleive how the media roasted the red sox and crucified welker after the drop in the superbowl....it was absurd.

No team has been worse over the years than the Detroit Lions, yet, we don't hear much about that. Is it because they're an old guard NFL team? I think that may be behind the mediots slant on things. They seem to take more shots at AFC teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I just can't stand it anymore. To any media that reads this site, please stop using it. You're not cool or trendy anymore. If your opinion is the jets suck and every move they make sucks, please just say they suck. Thank you.

I'm having nightmares of a circus from hell with the clown from "It"
    Winning cures all evil.

REX and his predictions and bold statements brought this on us.

Its that simple.

While we appreciate you having our back...the truth is its all REX, some Woody. He predicts SBs, calls out other coaches for not winning (Norv), dresses in drag, has a Mark Tatoo, drafts poorly, cuts good players (Woodhead), brings in Tebow and the beat goes on.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 04-28-2013 at 06:21 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Winning cures all evil.
    This * 1000.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar that's some scary stuff. Looks like my nightmare.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard anyone refer to us as a circus recently until your thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winning cures all evil.

Its that simple.

While we appreciate you having our back...the truth is its all REX, some Woody. He predicts SBs, calls out other coaches for not winning (Norv), dresses in drag, has a Mark Tatoo, drafts poorly, cuts good players (Woodhead), brings in Tebow and the beat goes on.
    Agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Winning cures all evil.

Its that simple.

So Rex brought in Tebow yet rarely used him and he cut Woodhead to bring back Coles for 4 games.. Where was Tanny when all this happened?? Talk about having a agenda.. No doubt Rex has made mistakes but do you really feel the need to make crap up?? With all the clown jetfans it's no wonder there is a circus around here..

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes............you're in the media capital of the world.

Ryan, Tanny and others used the same media to continuously & boldly promote themselves. They brought all of this on themselves.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I haven't heard anyone refer to us as a circus recently until your thread.
    just heard it used twice one nfl network in regards to geno/sanchez qb situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did not read the responses ... But I completely agree with the OP. It is akin to a self fulfilling prophecy.