Thread: Demario Davis

Demario Davis

With the Richardson pick we will be playing alot more 4-3 most likely. What does that mean for Demario Davis. I was excited to see him start this year but he wont be on the field as much if we are playing alot of 4-3

why wouldn't he see the field?

he's built to play olb in a 4-3

uh, Davis is a much better fit for the 4-3 than 3-4.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    uh, Davis is a much better fit for the 4-3 than 3-4.
    Davis, Harris, Barnes is how you see it?

Does Calvin Pace see the field at all? As a DE in a 4-3 in pass rushing situations?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-28-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Does Calvin Pace see the field at all?
    preferably not

Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    why wouldn't he see the field?

he's built to play olb in a 4-3
    His speed and explosiveness will be really brought to bear in a 4-3. Yeah baby

I have been shouting this all over the board. The answer is that Davis and Harris will play close to 100 percent of snaps. Some will be as part of a 3-4 set with Coples, Garay/Ellis, and Wilkerson on the DL and Pace and Barnes at OLB. Some will be as part of various 4-2-5 packages that will become increasingly important in the NFL. Richardson as the added lineman. This is where having Kyle Wilson and Antonio Allen will pay off. Three corner looks and three safety looks.

Davis is a perfect 4-3 OLB. Dump

3-4 Over/Under???

DE/OLB-Coples
    DT-Wilkerson
    NT-Ellis
    DT-Richardson
    OLB-Barnes
    MLB-Harris
    OLB-Davis

In a Ravens type hybrid base D I like this front. Someone school me because I'm thinking in a 3-4 Over/Under, Harris can take on the fullbacks and free up Davis to be matched up 1 on 1 with running backs idk?? Coples can line up weakside and play the edge?

Quote Originally Posted by JetFanInTampa View Post
    With the Richardson pick we will be playing alot more 4-3 most likely. What does that mean for Demario Davis. I was excited to see him start this year but he wont be on the field as much if we are playing alot of 4-3
    He played in a 4-3 in college well enough to be selectede in the third round by the Jets. Playing in the 4-3 plays to his strengths. He is FAST.

4-3:
    DE Coples
    3T Richardson
    DT Garay/Ellis
    DE Wilkerson
    WLB Davis
    MLB Harris
    SLB Pace/Barnes

3-4:
    DE Coples
    NT Ellis/Garay
    DE Wilkerson
    OLB Barnes
    ILB Davis
    ILB Harris
    OLB Pace

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    um he is a good fit for the 4-3....what makes you say that he is not....lol

Quote Originally Posted by JetFanInTampa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    preferably not
    That's a good thing!

i really think your going to see rex use coples a lot as an OLB this year.. the one thing that the richardson pick allows us to do is be extremely multiple upfront even pre-snap... The defense could line up in a 4-3 look with coples, richardson, ellis and wilk and immediately shift looks with coples standing up and the line shifting down, theres a lot of possibilities for rex to work with when you have a group like this upfront

Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80 View Post
    i really think your going to see rex use coples a lot as an OLB this year.. the one thing that the richardson pick allows us to do is be extremely multiple upfront even pre-snap... The defense could line up in a 4-3 look with coples, richardson, ellis and wilk and immediately shift looks with coples standing up and the line shifting down, theres a lot of possibilities for rex to work with when you have a group like this upfront
    Thats a really good observation, and makes alot of sense.If Josh Bush can give us good play at the free saftey position, are defense will be a top 3 this year

Jets Insider VIP
    Now in his second year Demario Davis with another full training camp should be a much better LB. I'm excited to see what he can do this year. He has all the tools.

Veteran
    Double D will be fine no matter where we put him. Dudes a winner.

The better question to me is can David Harris play MLB in a 4-3 system? Doesn't a 4-3 MLB need more speed than a 3-4 ILB?