Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87

Thread: Biggest difference between Geno and Mark!

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,213
    There are no differences at this point in time ie., Geno still has to learn the pro game etc.

    What I like about Geno at this point is he is a very good college QB taken at pick #39. If he busts then we get someone else and he didn't cost us much money.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The thing I noticed most about Geno is he is a complete football junkie. His passion for the game and to be great oozes out of him. I promise you won't find Geno in baywatch pictorials, frequenting Broadway play award shows or desperately flirting with any famous girl he can find. Geno's head is in the right place and that's football!! You won't find him tweeting about his latest musical or posting pics in his white pants like the Sanchise. https://twitter.com/Mark_Sanchez
    Smith prefers performng in the Broadway show as opposed to watching it.

    Renaissance man Geno Smith, latest NY Jets draft sensation, had talent for acting, writing, painting before football
    Smith won an award for reciting a Langston Hughes poem before his career in football brought him to the NFL Draft and now a place in the Big Apple.


    Before the Jets, Geno Smith pursued a passion for acting and writing. His family would later help groom him for success on the gridiron.

    Smith was into acting at an early age, performing in a grade-school production of “The Nutcracker.” The bright student landed in advanced story-writing and poetry classes.
    By the seventh grade, he was proficient in drawing with pencils and charcoal — and began painting. His recital of poetry by Harlem’s Langston Hughes won Smith an award.

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2Rm2JS0Ba

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    This is pretty funny and indicative of people over thinking.

    Doing a photo shoot on your off day is as meaningful as sitting around and doing nothing on that day. You're moving from a position of knowing Sanchez sucks and backtracking looking for reasons.

    Most guys don't pan out because they don't have it or don't continue to develop. No one busts because they did a photo shoot while in college.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    One has all the potential in the world, while the other is a known buttfumbler.

    As far as personality, it's definitely a good thing Geno is all in on football and nothing else, but I'm not seeing a killer instinct look in the eye or the fire in the personality just like I didn't see it in Sanchez. Geno seems to have a really good grasp on his plays, seems respectful and has a nice, calming personality from what I saw in the QB camp. I got the feeling he should consider jumping straight to a path of becoming an NFL coach, but not sure about a playoff-caliber QB. Not seeing that wide open, hawk-eyed, look I like to see in starting QB's.
    I must have missed that look on Eli Manning's face.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 04-28-2013 at 12:32 PM.

  5. #25
    what happens if MARK plays really well with this new OC and new O-line, etc. ???[/QUOTE]

    That is just what I'm hoping happens. Would be a double blessing for the Jets. Just like what happened in SD with Breeze.

    We could hold onto Sanchez and trade Smith or trade Sanchez and keep Smith. It would be a no lose situation.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,158
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I must have missed that look on Eli Manning's face.
    So did the writer of this article:

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/benrosen/all...et-doppelgange

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    HAHAHA that's great.

    I saw Philip Rivers' face. Really intense, fired up guy. Eli Manning the exact opposite. Dopey, sleepy eyes. Yet, Eli gets it done. Rivers, not so much.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Great post and something I've thought for awhile. Sanchez doesn't want it enough IMO, and Rex babied him and he wasn't subjected to enough competition. That Gruden piece with Smith shows us that he's a football junkie




    Very wrong. Sánchez wanted it plenty. He is a student of the game and tough as nails. Sánchez was also a much better prospect coming out of college.



    Also no franchise QBs face competition and almost all are babied as well. I keep hearing this re Sánchez and its moronic. All franchise qbs were HANDED the reigns to the team. Indy didn't bring it a vet qb to push manning, the giants didn't draft a new qb to push Eli. QBs are given the starting job and told go get it done. Its the qbs job to loose. Obviously Sánchez didn't but the notion he needed compition is moronic.

    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

  9. #29
    But Geno is a Libra!

    His horoscope does not allow him to play pro ball!

  10. #30
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    anyone but me think that Sanchez deserves better then to be **** on by the likes of OP and the others in this thread? not saying he is anything more then an average QB, but the jets over-drafted him, asked him to start day 1, and then did their best to put no talent around him. The brain fart called Wayne Hunter almost got Sanchez killed more then a few times. There is blame to go ALLL around.

    Fans love to **** on players on the way out...how about some class?
    Sanchez was told by his college coach he wasn't ready for the NFL. Him coming out early screw up the plans for Barkley also (who was supposed to red shirt). I feel sorry for Sanchez and hopes he gets another chance with another team not in the AFC. I want to see nice guys finish first for a change. He wasn't the reason this team lost the championship games. The problem is regular season has been really bad. I don't buy the no talent argument either. These guys are still NFL caliber players better than most college players. There is just no excuse missing wide open guys on a regular basis and getting your receivers killed with bad ball placement. If he were truly good he would hit them when they are open. Brady had only one receiver when he won and wasn't carrying his team. Kerly is good enough for Sanchez to lean on but he just couldn't get him the ball. He had no feel for the rush and would move right into the pass rusher. Not really know what the Jets were trying to do I don''t know how much of the blame goes to him but two OC had doubts about him. Schotty said he couldn't handle the load that's why they tried to make it simple.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Sanchez was told by his college coach he wasn't ready for the NFL. Him coming out early screw up the plans for Barkley also (who was supposed to red shirt). I feel sorry for Sanchez and hopes he gets another chance with another team not in the AFC. I want to see nice guys finish first for a change. He wasn't the reason this team lost the championship games. The problem is regular season has been really bad. I don't buy the no talent argument either. These guys are still NFL caliber players better than most college players. There is just no excuse missing wide open guys on a regular basis and getting your receivers killed with bad ball placement. If he were truly good he would hit them when they are open. Brady had only one receiver when he won and wasn't carrying his team. Kerly is good enough for Sanchez to lean on but he just couldn't get him the ball. He had no feel for the rush and would move right into the pass rusher. Not really know what the Jets were trying to do I don''t know how much of the blame goes to him but two OC had doubts about him. Schotty said he couldn't handle the load that's why they tried to make it simple.
    how many coaches said sanchez either couldn't handle it or wasn't ready? and what other qb in history had his coach install a traffic light system? it was bad from the get go. truth, sanchez entered the draft b/c it was a weak qb draft and he leveraged it into a lot of cash.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    $8,000,000 a year!

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Very wrong. Sánchez wanted it plenty. He is a student of the game and tough as nails. Sánchez was also a much better prospect coming out of college.



    Also no franchise QBs face competition and almost all are babied as well. I keep hearing this re Sánchez and its moronic. All franchise qbs were HANDED the reigns to the team. Indy didn't bring it a vet qb to push manning, the giants didn't draft a new qb to push Eli. QBs are given the starting job and told go get it done. Its the qbs job to loose. Obviously Sánchez didn't but the notion he needed compition is moronic.

    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    I've been saying that all through the line of excuses made for Sanchez. The competition excuse has rung loud and long and why?

    Eli and Peyton had no one behind them.
    Elway...no
    Marino...no
    Rodgers....no
    Favre...no
    Montana...no
    Brady...no
    Ben...no

    It's goofy how many excuses have been made for Sanchez. Shotty...talent...OL....WR's....Sporano....competi tion....on and on it goes.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    I would have guessed arm strength, accuracy, and mobility. But you are right too.

  15. #35
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Funny, but nobody questioned Mark's heart when he won four road playoff games.

    I feel bad for Geno Smith. Rex Ryan sucks the life out of all of his quarterbacks. Brett Favre didn't want to play for him, Mark Sanchez is afraid of his own shadow, Tim Tebow went from NFL star to NFL trash, and now Geno Smith enters the circus.

    I for one hope that Geno sits on the bench while other quarterbacks take all the abuse this 4-12 season is going to bring. This way, he has a new head coach next year and none of that wear and tear on his body or his psyche.

    SAR I

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    how many coaches said sanchez either couldn't handle it or wasn't ready? and what other qb in history had his coach install a traffic light system? it was bad from the get go. truth, sanchez entered the draft b/c it was a weak qb draft and he leveraged it into a lot of cash.




    Sánchez was a much better prospect coming out of college than smith. Sánchez has all the tools just never developed like we had hoped.

    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Senny View Post
    The biggest differences to me are that Geno has a lot more starting experience in college...he understands how to plan where to the throw the ball before the snap based off of being able to read defenses well (where Sanchez stares down one WR the whole time and does some bullsh!t pump fake).

    I never questioned the drive or determination of Sanchez though. I don't think that has ever been his problem. I just feel he plays scared, was poorly coached, came out of college too early, and just never good understand how to expose a defense's weakness or read a defense at all.
    Agreed.

    And I was a Smith critic if taken in first but I don't have heartburn with where they took him. There's a body of work at the college level to say Smith is worth rolling the dice on. I never believed you could say the same about Sanchez.

  18. #38
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    how many coaches said sanchez either couldn't handle it or wasn't ready? and what other qb in history had his coach install a traffic light system? it was bad from the get go. truth, sanchez entered the draft b/c it was a weak qb draft and he leveraged it into a lot of cash.
    The colors came after he keep throwing pick six after pick six. This team rushes for over 300 yards and they lose because Sanchez throws 5 picks. I looked at his draft report and it said he needed to sit for a year. I'm not giving the coaching staff a clean bill because they share blame. Gabbert has looked just as bad or worse but do you hear it's because of his coaches? He has had similar conditions as Sanchez with coaching changes and receivers but cannot get it done. The times Sanchez has played well indicates the problem mostly is him not the coaches. One good game then following with 2 bad ones say it's him. Even when the team went 11-5 he was dreadful in parts of too many games then started playing better late. In the AFC championship game he did what we have seen too many time this past season, fumbled after getting sacked. I agree he cashed in on a weak draft. I think Barkley tried and failed to do the same thing and that's one of the reasons he returned.

  19. #39
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Funny, but nobody questioned Mark's heart when he won four road playoff games.

    I feel bad for Geno Smith. Rex Ryan sucks the life out of all of his quarterbacks. Brett Favre didn't want to play for him, Mark Sanchez is afraid of his own shadow, Tim Tebow went from NFL star to NFL trash, and now Geno Smith enters the circus.

    I for one hope that Geno sits on the bench while other quarterbacks take all the abuse this 4-12 season is going to bring. This way, he has a new head coach next year and none of that wear and tear on his body or his psyche.

    SAR I
    Can you pleas stop saying that ***king circus thing the media loves saying. You are supposed to be a Jet fan. One as long as I have been at that. It's fine if you don't like what's going on but letting the media ridicule your team and you buying into it is really disappointing

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Sánchez was a much better prospect coming out of college than smith. Sánchez has all the tools just never developed like we had hoped.

    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    this is patently false. smith has a better arm, is a better athlete and is more of a student of the game than sanchez at comparable points of development. also based on interviews and hindsight, smith also appears to be considerably more mature than sanchez coming out of college and ultimately this more than so many other factors may help him the most.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us