Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Biggest difference between Geno and Mark!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Why are you responding to a troll? He just says things to get a reaction out of people. Either that, or he has mental problems. Tough to tell.
    The Jets are 1-11 against teams with winning records since 2010 and its everyone's fault except the Jets.

If someone's got mental problems, it ain't me or the "evil media", bro.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Some people need to get real. Sanchez is likely done, but anyone who believes that Smith has more "promise" as an NFL QB than Sanchez had when he was drafted is just fooling themself. They willingly forget Sanchez tearing apart the PSU D in the Rose Bowl and are in denial of Smith not really doing anything special in his final seasons as the W.Va. QB, like his 21/32 for 143 yds with 1 TD and 2 Int's at home against K-State in a 55-14 loss.

I'm rooting for Smith to have great success, but like any other QB, it's a crap shoot. Let's hope the Jets rolled a winner.
    To be fair, Mark (jr year) completed 13/26 for 178 yds with 1 TD and 3 Int's at home vs Arizona State...

Statistically, Geno was far superior... More attempts, more yards, more td's, less int's and a significantly higher completion percentage...

To say Sanchez was a better prospect means nothing... He was also a better prospect than Aaron Rodgers if you are basing it off where they got drafted.

Like Rodgers, Geno is going to be a better pro than Sanchez and that's all that really matters.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 04-28-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets are 1-11 against teams with winning records since 2010 and its everyone's fault except the Jets.

If someone's got mental problems, it ain't me or the "evil media", bro.

SAR I
    Speaks to how bad their qb has been.

Just like what happened with the Colts this year vs. last.

Great point!!

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the biggest major difference is that

SANCHEZ SUCKS

and it appears Geno has a pulse...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    To be fair, Mark (jr year) completed 13/26 for 178 yds with 1 TD and 3 Int's at home vs Arizona State...

Statistically, Geno was far superior... More attempts, more yards, more td's, less int's and a significantly higher completion percentage...

To say Sanchez was a better prospect means nothing... He was also a better prospect than Aaron Rodgers if you are basing it off where they got drafted.

Like Rodgers, Geno is going to be a better pro than Sanchez and that's all that really matters.

First off, Sánchez was a Much better prospect then Smith. Second you have no idea what Geno is going to be. I understand everyone wants to be move on from Sánchez, but we didn't exactly just draft Luck here. We got a midlevel qb prospect we have no idea if he'll be as good as Mark (4 playoff wins) or Clemens (trash).

Mark in college (and in a lesser extent pros) always played best when the moment was biggest. Smith on college hasn't.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Wow, you could make a lot of money working in a front office of an NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Wow, you could make a lot of money working in a front office of an NFL team.
    Yeah, it takes big balls to make a prediction that Geno will be rated higher than the 34th rated starting Qb after 4 years...

If you don't believe me that he has the skills to be better than the 34th rated Qb, then read what his (brilliant btw) offensive coordinator - Dana Holgorsen had to say about him:

http://jimrome.com/2013/04/25/dana-h...th-and-austin/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a good joke thanks..... Wait you serious?
    No I'm not. Mark Sanchez in his first 2 years in the league accomplished something pretty special. (and if the Jets D doesn't fall apart or Rex coaches with half a brain, the team could have gotten farther...) QBs don't do that and then just stink.

Ask yourself this. What is more likely....Sanchez just started stinking or the team around him became devoid of talent? Which is more logical?

But hey, run him out of town and bring in a rookie. I mean most rookie QBs slip right in and with no problem, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    First off, Sánchez was a Much better prospect then Smith. Second you have no idea what Geno is going to be. I understand everyone wants to be move on from Sánchez, but we didn't exactly just draft Luck here. We got a midlevel qb prospect we have no idea if he'll be as good as Mark (4 playoff wins) or Clemens (trash).

Mark in college (and in a lesser extent pros) always played best when the moment was biggest. Smith on college hasn't.

I know Geno will be better than the worst QB in the league.
    You want to bet?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    No I'm not. Mark Sanchez in his first 2 years in the league accomplished something pretty special. QBs don't do that and then just stink.

Ask yourself this. What is more likely....Sanchez just started stinking or the team around him became devoid of talent? Which is more logical?

But hey, run him out of town and bring in a rookie. I mean most rookie QBs slip right in and with no problem, right?
    OMG, stop trolling. If you like him so much answer this question - would you be willing to trade Mallet for him?

Now you can shut your ass.

OMG, stop trolling. If you like him so much answer this question - would you be willing to trade Mallet for him?

Now you can shut your ass.
    YES. Don't be dumb. Mallet has done NOTHING.

Sanchez won FOUR road playoff games.

YES. Don't be dumb. Mallet has done NOTHING.

Sanchez won FOUR road playoff games.
    Good point and while we're at it, Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl, maybe the Jets should sign him and have 7 QBs competing...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Long suffering Jets fan here...but my blood will always bleed green so I roll with it. I was on team Sanchez. Those first two seasons getting within one game of the Superbowl was exciting for any true Jets fan. Come on. Admit it. You loved it. 2011 sucked of course. At the time, I gave Sanchez a pass & blamed it on a weak Offensive line. Sanchez took a pounding that year. No excuse I know, but it didn't help. Then in 2012 we had the Tebow fiasco, and the whole team completely lost their identity. Not ONE TD in all of preseason was it? People were confused. Was Tebow brought in to light a fire under Sanchez's ass? To sell tickets? Probably both. But all it ended up doing was ****ing with Sanchez's head. Truly great QBs rise to the occasion, but Sanchez didn't. For this I blame Sanchez. I've never seen a QB implode like that. To make matters worse, anytime Sanchez established anything close to a rhythm, they put in Tebow for a play. If the plan was to confuse the D, it backfired big time. All it did was continue to screw with Sanchez's already screwed up focus. He was gone mentally. You could see it. We all saw it. But Ryan kept him the starter. And it all ended with the now infamous Butt Fumble and not making the playoffs.

Personally, I would have let Tebow start a few games. Sanchez was gone mentally by November. Why not just see if Tebow could pull the same miracle he did with Denver? Yeah, he's not an NFL QB. But it would have been fun to just let him loose. Say what you will about his ability...But Tebow has intensity. It just might have worked. At least it would have been more exciting than what we got. They never gave him the chance tho. And instead we had to watch the worst ending of a Jets season I can remember. EVER.

Now we've got Geno Smith. I like the kid. And would not mind him being the starter. He's hungry and has a chip on his shoulder about not going in the first round. He wants it. But if they decide to let him just watch and learn this season, I'd be cool with that too. Question is, if they do this, will they keep Sanchez and let Tebow, Garrard and Sims go? If so, will Sanchez rise to the occasion? After last seasons embarrassment, it'd be the comeback of all comebacks. Not gonna hold my breath tho. But if they do give Sanchez one more chance I'd cheer him on. Especially with all the new weapons hell have around him. If they do keep Sanchez another season, this will definitely be his LAST chance to prove himself as a Jet.

However, they could also cut Sanchez, take the hit and just let Gerrard mentor Smith. Who knows.

I'm still bummed about Revis. But come preseason, like a true Jets fan, I'll be getting into the football spirit all over again...despite the sting of last season. That's what true fans do. If the Jets crash and burn, I'll get angry. Cause that's what true fans do too.

Last year was a total fiasco. From the Tebow trade. To the horrid preseason. To Revis getting injured. And finally to the complete and total collapse of a QB the likes of which I've never seen before.

But it's a new year. And like every new year...it's a new beginning. A new chance. Wishful thinking? Lol. Of course. But I'm a Jets fan...and looking forward to 2013. ;-)
    Last edited by greenmeanie; 04-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post

This is bullsh*t and I'm really tired of reading it. Sanchez played 16 friggin games in college on a team with unreal defensive talent and very solid offensive talent against very poor defenses (minus the rose bowl, PSU IIRC was pretty good that year). He also only played in 1 bowl game. Can you really sit here with a straight face and say that he played his best when under pressure in college when there is that small of a sample size. Smith has as many bowl wins as Mark does. Mark just wasn't in school long enough to have the same amount of losses.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post

if they do give Sanchez one more chance I'd cheer him on.
    You may be the lone voice...

No I'm not. Mark Sanchez in his first 2 years in the league accomplished something pretty special. (and if the Jets D doesn't fall apart or Rex coaches with half a brain, the team could have gotten farther...) QBs don't do that and then just stink.

"Just started stinking"?

He played a handful of good games in his first two years and had every advantage in the world. That he plays wells in the playoffs is nice but he has sucked the vast majority of his career

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenmeanie

if they do give Sanchez one more chance I'd cheer him on.

You may be the lone voice...
    I hope not. If Sanchez comes back, and on top in the competition, I hope the real Jet fans like GM have the grace to smack any one around them who boo.
    If you're tempted, think about this: How is that going to help the team?

I knew Sanchez was not built for the NFL when I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    Long suffering Jets fan here...but my blood will always bleed green so I roll with it. I was on team Sanchez. Those first two seasons getting within one game of the Superbowl was exciting for any true Jets fan. Come on. Admit it. You loved it. 2011 sucked of course. At the time, I gave Sanchez a pass & blamed it on a weak Offensive line. Sanchez took a pounding that year. No excuse I know, but it didn't help. Then in 2012 we had the Tebow fiasco, and the whole team completely lost their identity. Not ONE TD in all of preseason was it? People were confused. Was Tebow brought in to light a fire under Sanchez's ass? To sell tickets? Probably both. But all it ended up doing was ****ing with Sanchez's head. Truly great QBs rise to the occasion, but Sanchez didn't. For this I blame Sanchez. I've never seen a QB implode like that. To make matters worse, anytime Sanchez established anything close to a rhythm, they put in Tebow for a play. If the plan was to confuse the D, it backfired big time. All it did was continue to screw with Sanchez's already screwed up focus. He was gone mentally. You could see it. We all saw it. But Ryan kept him the starter. And it all ended with the now infamous Butt Fumble and not making the playoffs.

Personally, I would have let Tebow start a few games. Sanchez was gone mentally by November. Why not just see if Tebow could pull the same miracle he did with Denver? Yeah, he's not an NFL QB. But it would have been fun to just let him loose. Say what you will about his ability...But Tebow has intensity. It just might have worked. At least it would have been more exciting than what we got. They never gave him the chance tho. And instead we had to watch the worst ending of a Jets season I can remember. EVER.

Now we've got Geno Smith. I like the kid. And would not mind him being the starter. He's hungry and has a chip on his shoulder about not going in the first round. He wants it. But if they decide to let him just watch and learn this season, I'd be cool with that too. Question is, if they do this, will they keep Sanchez and let Tebow, Garrard and Sims go? If so, will Sanchez rise to the occasion? After last seasons embarrassment, it'd be the comeback of all comebacks. Not gonna hold my breath tho. But if they do give Sanchez one more chance I'd cheer him on. Especially with all the new weapons hell have around him. If they do keep Sanchez another season, this will definitely be his LAST chance to prove himself as a Jet.

However, they could also cut Sanchez, take the hit and just let Gerrard mentor Smith. Who knows.

I'm still bummed about Revis. But come preseason, like a true Jets fan, I'll be getting into the football spirit all over again...despite the sting of last season. That's what true fans do. If the Jets crash and burn, I'll get angry. Cause that's what true fans do too.

Last year was a total fiasco. From the Tebow trade. To the horrid preseason. To Revis getting injured. And finally to the complete and total collapse of a QB the likes of which I've never seen before.

But it's a new year. And like every new year...it's a new beginning. A new chance. Wishful thinking? Lol. Of course. But I'm a Jets fan...and looking forward to 2013. ;-)
    Amen!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Smith - 39 career college starts
    Sanchez - 16 career college starts

That said I still hope Smith sits the '13 season
    That is the biggest difference to me. By all accounts, Sanchez worked hard. I just think he was rushed, is not accurate enough, and could be intimidated.

I hope Smith sits about 12 weeks, and assuming the Jets are out of it makes a couple starts in December.