Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest difference between Geno and Mark!

Biggest difference between Geno and Mark!

The thing I noticed most about Geno is he is a complete football junkie. His passion for the game and to be great oozes out of him. I promise you won't find Geno in baywatch pictorials, frequenting Broadway play award shows or desperately flirting with any famous girl he can find. Geno's head is in the right place and that's football!! You won't find him tweeting about his latest musical or posting pics in his white pants like the Sanchise. https://twitter.com/Mark_Sanchez

vs
    Last edited by Magnus; 04-28-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Rookie
    Gruden with Smith s a must watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv-Vd...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The thing I noticed most about Geno is he is a complete football junkie. His passion for the game and to be great oozes out of him. I promise you won't find Geno in baywatch pictorials, frequenting Broadway play award shows or desperately flirting with any famous girl he can find. Geno's head is in the right place and that's football!! You won't find him tweeting about his latest musical or posting pics in his white pants like the Sanchise. https://twitter.com/Mark_Sanchez

vs

Great post and something I've thought for awhile. Sanchez doesn't want it enough IMO, and Rex babied him and he wasn't subjected to enough competition. That Gruden piece with Smith shows us that he's a football junkie

The biggest difference is that Geno has "that chip on his shoulder" attitude.

Like the op stated, he has that passion.

I like this pick more and more as I learn about the kid...

All Pro
    Geno Smith - 11,662 career passing yards 98 TDs 21 INTs

I liked the Geno pick. I also watched the Gruden video and was impressed with the way the young man carries himself. My only concern is that they throw him into the lions den without good players around him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I liked the Geno pick. I also watched the Gruden video and was impressed with the way the young man carries himself. My only concern is that they throw him into the lions den without good players around him.
    This is why I dont mind if he sits for much of this year.

The biggest differences to me are that Geno has a lot more starting experience in college...he understands how to plan where to the throw the ball before the snap based off of being able to read defenses well (where Sanchez stares down one WR the whole time and does some bullsh!t pump fake).

I never questioned the drive or determination of Sanchez though. I don't think that has ever been his problem. I just feel he plays scared, was poorly coached, came out of college too early, and just never good understand how to expose a defense's weakness or read a defense at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    sanchez probably had the easier route football wise...playing for the powerhouse high school then going to USC...he comes to the pros and is never pushed while in training camp....this kid seems more committed than sanchez...I am not saying that sanchez does not care, but I never see fire in sanchez...even in 2009-2010....having fire may not make you win games, but I like it that this kid seems to put football first.

vs

Hall Of Fame
    even on campus he was low key....he is low key everywhere except in the huddle which I like...we will see how he pans out but I really love this pick.

vs

Question IF THEY KEEP SANCHEZ AND HE PLAYS WELL....

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    This is why I dont mind if he sits for much of this year.
    =IF GENO sits for a year, and learns the Pro game.... and GARRARD is our QB-, what happens if Garrard ( he has not played in 2 years) is hurt or does not play well.... then Geno is a rookie QB playing and we lose a lot of games on mistakes.

.... this is assuming Sanchez is released JUNE 1. If Sanchez is not released, he still could be the Number 1 QB..... what happens if MARK plays really well with this new OC and new O-line, etc. ???

Hall Of Fame
    the fact about your post is that you can't teach HEART

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Great post and something I've thought for awhile. Sanchez doesn't want it enough IMO, and Rex babied him and he wasn't subjected to enough competition. That Gruden piece with Smith shows us that he's a football junkie

Smith - 39 career college starts
    Sanchez - 16 career college starts

That said I still hope Smith sits the '13 season

Hall Of Fame
    Perhaps but for him to regress the way he has in such a short time is scary...it is NOT all his fault but even in 2009-2010 I never felt he was a franchise qb....jury is of course still out on smith, but I sure like what I see so far....and he was a terror in college and its not like he came from a conference were they only played cream puffs and cupcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Senny View Post
    The biggest differences to me are that Geno has a lot more starting experience in college...he understands how to plan where to the throw the ball before the snap based off of being able to read defenses well (where Sanchez stares down one WR the whole time and does some bullsh!t pump fake).

I never questioned the drive or determination of Sanchez though. I don't think that has ever been his problem. I just feel he plays scared, was poorly coached, came out of college too early, and just never good understand how to expose a defense's weakness or read a defense at all.

Hall Of Fame
    if that happens then its a good thing...I am not that optimistic but sanchez could very well thrive under the west coast offense...if we are in tht situation, I would rather that than having 3 incompetent qb's like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    =IF GENO sits for a year, and learns the Pro game.... and GARRARD is our QB-, what happens if Garrard ( he has not played in 2 years) is hurt or does not play well.... then Geno is a rookie QB playing and we lose a lot of games on mistakes.

.... this is assuming Sanchez is released JUNE 1. If Sanchez is not released, he still could be the Number 1 QB..... what happens if MARK plays really well with this new OC and new O-line, etc. ???

Hall Of Fame
    he will have good players around him

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post

If we keep Mark and he proves he can play at a high level, I would consider that to be a best case scenario. It would give us a lot of flexibility next season as we could move one of our QBs for picks. I don't think it will happen, but I would see it as a positive.

anyone but me think that Sanchez deserves better then to be **** on by the likes of OP and the others in this thread? not saying he is anything more then an average QB, but the jets over-drafted him, asked him to start day 1, and then did their best to put no talent around him. The brain fart called Wayne Hunter almost got Sanchez killed more then a few times. There is blame to go ALLL around.

Fans love to **** on players on the way out...how about some class?

Awesome video! Totally enjoyed it!

One has all the potential in the world, while the other is a known buttfumbler.

As far as personality, it's definitely a good thing Geno is all in on football and nothing else, but I'm not seeing a killer instinct look in the eye or the fire in the personality just like I didn't see it in Sanchez. Geno seems to have a really good grasp on his plays, seems respectful and has a nice, calming personality from what I saw in the QB camp. I got the feeling he should consider jumping straight to a path of becoming an NFL coach, but not sure about a playoff-caliber QB. Not seeing that wide open, hawk-eyed, look I like to see in starting QB's.