Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Biggest difference between Geno and Mark!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    I knew Sanchez was not built for the NFL when I saw this:

Lol. Yeah, I laughed when I saw this too. We all did. But he still did bring us to two AFC championship games in a row. Not saying that it makes up for last years abysmal performance....however it was the closest we've gotten in a long time.

I am not a Sanchez apologist. He deserves to lose his spot after last season. It was pathetic. I think he should have been benched LONG before he was. But before he lost it mentally, he did have potential and gave us some memorable games. If I can acknowledge how bad he's been, y'all can acknowledge his good moments too. Or can ya?

Again, not saying he should stay...or start if he does...just that he did bring us closer than any Jet has in awhile before he imploded.

He's an easy target now. I totally get that. The butt fumble and all those interceptions. The dude has lost all confidence. Can he rise above it? I'm a firm believer that he can. Wether its with the Jets or not...he's capable. He's young. It's up to him. I've seen others rise from the ashes.

I was as pissed as any green blooded Jets fan last season. That Thanksgiving day game against the Pats still haunts me. Can you imagine how it must haunt Sanchez? I will either crush him forever...or not. Again...totally up to him.

If the a Jets keep Sanchez and grooms Smith...I will get behind Sanchez this one last time. IF he ****s it up...he's benched for good. And next season hell be gone and Smith will take over.

Or maybe the Jets let him go now. Who knows.

Anyway...I'm not saying I am certain Sanchez can overcome last year if given the chance. We'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I hope not. If Sanchez comes back, and on top in the competition, I hope the real Jet fans like GM have the grace to smack any one around them who boo.
    If you're tempted, think about this: How is that going to help the team?
    If you think the booing he received at MSG the other night was bad, wait to see how bad it will be if he trots onto the field as the OD starter. GM better bring an army.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    If you think the booing he received at MSG the other night was bad, wait to see how bad it will be if he trots onto the field as the OD starter. GM better bring an army.
    He's not starting. He's probably not even backing up Garrard who is starting.

Why?

Two reasons really

1) He's a turnover machine

3) He SUCKS

Frankly, I just want whoever is the Jets QB to succeed, but I think the exuberance that some people are having for Geno Smith is a little over-blown. While I hope he becomes a great NFL QB, it's a crap shoot.

All League
    GENO SMITH

Analysis

Strengths

He is not Mark Sanchez.

Competitive, confident player who can lead a team with his physical attributes and willingness to work on his craft. Possesses a quick delivery, can get the ball downfield or move a team methodically by making quick decisions. Has improved his accuracy greatly during his career, placing the ball very well at every level of the field. Fires throws into tight windows over the middle while also leading receivers open on the sideline and showing touch on fades into the end zone. Generally keeps his eyes downfield and feet moving within the pocket to find a target instead of looking to run. Finds second or third options across the field if first read is covered. Tests defenses with his ability to get first downs and more with his feet, has speed to break off big runs and usually makes the right decision on when to take off. Has gotten physically stronger over the course of his career, is a tough player who will hang onto the ball after a big hit and bounce back up.

Weaknesses

May not be any better than Mark Sanchez.

Runs a spread offense almost exclusively from the shotgun, needs work on his footwork coming from under center. Ball will float or sail if his feet are not set or he fails to transfer weight, either in the pocket when facing pressure or when throwing on the run. Blitz awareness is only adequate, will miss guys coming free to his left and right. Will back up from pressure at times instead of unloading the ball or stepping up to make the throw. Seemingly regressed each week, especially when locking on to one side of the field. Did not participate in the Senior Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The thing I noticed most about Geno is he is a complete football junkie. His passion for the game and to be great oozes out of him. I promise you won't find Geno in baywatch pictorials, frequenting Broadway play award shows or desperately flirting with any famous girl he can find. Geno's head is in the right place and that's football!! You won't find him tweeting about his latest musical or posting pics in his white pants like the Sanchise. https://twitter.com/Mark_Sanchez

vs
    No gray area here, it's Black and White.
    Sanchez had digressed. Honestly, the way the Jets treated Sanchez was a joke. I know that Sanchez has to be accountable for poor decision making issues. However, he didn't have many good weapons or a decent supporting cast to help him. Also when he did start to get into a rhythm, they took him out and put it Tebow.

They never should have gotton Tebow. They did it for back page headlines.What a joke and circus atmosphere they created. Glad that is over.

Smith: Has the potential to be groomed, the right way, and when they get a decent group of skill psn players, in 1-3 years growth and experience, you will see that he was a very good pick. Her has potential. He is very young.
    I think and hope he will do ok.
    So he was poorly managed

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    No gray area here, it's Black and White.
    Sanchez had digressed. Honestly, the way the Jets treated Sanchez was a joke. I know that Sanchez has to be accountable for poor decision making issues. However, he didn't have many good weapons or a decent supporting cast to help him. Also when he did start to get into a rhythm, they took him out and put it Tebow.

They never should have gotton Tebow. They did it for back page headlines.What a joke and circus atmosphere they created. Glad that is over.

Smith: Has the potential to be groomed, the right way, and when they get a decent group of skill psn players, in 1-3 years growth and experience, you will see that he was a very good pick. He has potential. He is very young.
    I think and hope he will do ok.
    fixed spelling errors.