Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bohanon will be the Jets Tom Rathman

Bohanon will be the Jets Tom Rathman

Forget the Terminator, Bohanon is actually a skilled football player that will help keep our QB from getting hit.
    I am loving our new RBs & the versatility they will bring.
    Idzik has done something that we haven't seen a couple years, pick football players not guys with potential like Vlad Ducasse, ( Tanny should have been fired after that pick alone).
    Even Campbell is a football player, with enough experience to be converted to an OLineman.
    I'm really excited about having an OC that has actually had real success in this league. If we start seeing some success on offense, the players confidence in what we are doing will grow with each game.
    No one has bought into our offense since before Shottenheimer.

Don't know who will be starter at QB but, I think Sanchez would be a lot better with the RBs and OC now, than ever before. But I agree with the OP 100%

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Don't know who will be starter at QB but, I think Sanchez would be a lot better with the RBs and OC now, than ever before. But I agree with the OP 100%
    Sanchez will not be on the roster. He serves no purpose... We can lose without him just as easily as with him.

The selection of Geno was admission to the rebuild in process.

Sanchez clutters the clubhouse and only continues the circus atmosphere the Jets are ridiculed for.

3 QBs will be on the roster, Geno, Garrard (who the Jets see as a perfect mentor), and McElroy (because he is cheap and will back next year as Geno's backup)...

Suddenly Bohanon is like Tom Rathman? There is zero comparison. Rathman was heavily involved in the SF offense. I have seen WF in person a couple times in the last couple years. Bohanon is on the field and is no threat whatever.
    Next we'll hear Chris Ivory is comparable to Roger Craig.

I heard yesterday morning that the QB job is GENO SMITH's to lose.

I guess time will tell if Geno can learn the playbook at a fast enough pace, and have that translate on to the field. So that he'll be ready to start by the end of training camp.

Some common things that everyone should be looking for in Geno:

1) Will he be accurate? Sanchez couldn't throw the ball and hit his d*ck accurately. He was an embarrassment. So Geno will need to focus on being able to make all of the throws, the touch passes, etc. I've seen enough tape to know that his arm is plenty strong enough.

2) Can he read defenses? Sanchez was never able to identify a f*cking thing. He looked like a scared little p*ssy out there. This is obviously the biggest part of success or failure for Geno Smith. How well he can read defenses will determine if he ever makes it as a QB.

3) Can he make progressions? It's one thing to be able to read defenses, but if he cannot find second and third options on the field, his knowledge of defenses will mean nothing. Once again, this is something that Sanchez was horrible at.

4) Can he become a TRUE pocket passer? Every NFL fan has had their hearts broken by the likes of Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, or even as recently as RGIII just last season. Just because they have the ability to run with the ball, does NOT mean they necessarily should.

Many running QB's commit to running the ball way too early. I believe it is because they are so willing to run the ball, that they never truly become a good pocket passer. They start to lose their pocket presence as a result. This is the most important thing for Geno Smith going forward the way I see it. The NYJ need a QB that will become their franchise QB. They do not need a QB that plays great giving up his body all the time, but he's injury prone as a result.

Veteran
    4) Can he become a TRUE pocket passer? Every NFL fan has had their hearts broken by the likes of Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, or even as recently as RGIII just last season. Just because they have the ability to run with the ball, does NOT mean they necessarily should.
    Who invented this idea that Geno is a runner and not a pocket passer? Anyone who has watched WVU knows that Geno has no interest in running, and only does so as a last resort. The moment he ran a 4.58 forty, it's like everyone threw out 3+ years of film and concocted the idea that he's a good fit for the read option. He's never been a runner and never will be. He's a pocket passer through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Suddenly Bohanon is like Tom Rathman? There is zero comparison. Rathman was heavily involved in the SF offense. I have seen WF in person a couple times in the last couple years. Bohanon is on the field and is no threat whatever.
    Next we'll hear Chris Ivory is comparable to Roger Craig.
    How old are you?
    Rathman was 99% blocker & 1% pass catcher.
    But those 1% are usually for 1st downs because no one expects them to sneak out on 3rd down after initial blocks & be WIDE OPEN!
    Whatever, you'll see.
    Why on earth would the Jets with MM a WCO take the best full/ half backing blocker that actually is strong as a bull, great blocker & believe it or not actually athletic enough to catch the ball, unlike stone hands terminator?
    This group has a plan, that's why, & don't waste picks because Rex sees some guy make a nice block while reviewing film of another prospect.

Jets Insider VIP
    I was thinking the same thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    which ARENA LEAGUE TEAM do you think Suckchez will start for?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    How old are you?
    But those 1% are usually for 1st downs because no one expects them to sneak out on 3rd down after initial blocks & be WIDE OPEN!
    Whatever, you'll see.
    Why on earth would the Jets with MM a WCO take the best full/ half backing blocker that actually is strong as a bull, great blocker & believe it or not actually athletic enough to catch the ball, unlike stone hands terminator?
    This group has a plan, that's why, & don't waste picks because Rex sees some guy make a nice block while reviewing film of another prospect.
    you nailed it! I expect big things from Tommy Bo!

How old are you?
    Whatever, you'll see.

I am old enough to have seen the position evolve from Jim Brown and Jim Taylor and I was playing in HS.
    Rathman carried the ball in that SF offense and caught passes. He was a threat. Daryl Johnston was the same player wih Dallas.
    You live in the Carolinas? You watch any ACC and SEC LIVE? I do.
    This guy was not even all conference - up to 3rd team.

Everybody the Jets draft is great. Right. Milliner is this year. Priod.
    45 years of fine management. The team has a plan? I sure didn't look like it. DTs when they alledgedly have DTs. OLs rated blah. A QB who is fine against so so teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Dan Klecko lost weight to play FB for the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    you nailed it! I expect big things from Tommy Bo!
    T-Bo!

Err... Umm...

I have no idea if he'll be good but I do know that Tommy Bohanon instantly became my favorite name in football.

It would be a tragedy if a player with such a great football name didnt become a stud

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

First assignment Knock out Dion Jordan!

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I am old enough to have seen the position evolve from Jim Brown and Jim Taylor and I was playing in HS.
    Rathman carried the ball in that SF offense and caught passes. He was a threat. Daryl Johnston was the same player wih Dallas.
    You live in the Carolinas? You watch any ACC and SEC LIVE? I do.
    This guy was not even all conference - up to 3rd team.

Everybody the Jets draft is great. Right. Milliner is this year. Priod.
    45 years of fine management. The team has a plan? I sure didn't look like it. DTs when they alledgedly have DTs. OLs rated blah. A QB who is fine against so so teams.
    Yea whatever, Jets fans are the worst!
    You were probably singing the Terminators praises when he knocked someone off his feet in a preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    First assignment Knock out Dion Jordan!
    He actually weighs more than Dion Jordan, & after benching 225, 36 times, is not a guy you want taking your legs out from under you.
    Jordan is boom or bust
    Plus Dbrick eats up skinny dudes.
    Not worried about him.
    Fins should be more worried about not getting Brandon Albert at LT.
    Jets Dline will give the fins Oline all they can handle if they strike out on the LT.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    I have no idea if he'll be good but I do know that Tommy Bohanon instantly became my favorite name in football.

It would be a tragedy if a player with such a great football name didnt become a stud
    Sounds like an island style clothing line by Sears or JCPenny.

Veteran
    How old are you?
    Whatever, you'll see.
    Good thing Bohanon isn't trying to be a RB.

Kid has one gear and one move: straight ahead.

Brings back painful memories.

Rookie
    Hilliard misses like half his blocks. It shouldn't take much to beat him out. I was actually surprised when the resigned him so early.