Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bohanon will be the Jets Tom Rathman

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Sanchez will not be on the roster. He serves no purpose... We can lose without him just as easily as with him.

The selection of Geno was admission to the rebuild in process.

Sanchez clutters the clubhouse and only continues the circus atmosphere the Jets are ridiculed for.

3 QBs will be on the roster, Geno, Garrard (who the Jets see as a perfect mentor), and McElroy (because he is cheap and will back next year as Geno's backup)...
    If the Jets think there is ANYTHING they can salvage from Sanchez, they're nuts if they get rid of him. Look at SF and Alex Smith. That guy was halfway out the door, then a quality coach got production out of him and SF turned him into a 2nd round pick.

I'm not expecting that kind of turnaround (any maybe they DO think he's beyond hope). But if we could find a way to get Geno some prep and turn Sanchez into a backup worth a late-round pick, that's light years better than just throwing him away . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    you nailed it! I expect big things from Tommy Bo!
    And he graduated from Wake which means he's bright.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    How old are you?
    Rathman was 99% blocker & 1% pass catcher.
    But those 1% are usually for 1st downs because no one expects them to sneak out on 3rd down after initial blocks & be WIDE OPEN!
    Whatever, you'll see.
    Why on earth would the Jets with MM a WCO take the best full/ half backing blocker that actually is strong as a bull, great blocker & believe it or not actually athletic enough to catch the ball, unlike stone hands terminator?
    This group has a plan, that's why, & don't waste picks because Rex sees some guy make a nice block while reviewing film of another prospect.
    I'm excited to see what Bohanon will bring to the Jets O. Am tempering my expectations but optimistic nonetheless. He has a lot of the assets and skills that are desirable in WCO FB's.

People should also be wary about anonymous reports saying the Jets qb job is already Geno's. Foe heaven's sake he hasn't played a down in the pros let him earn the job. And the talent that is being acquired on the Jets also supports Sanchez's abilities as well. Let the best man win!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Forget the Terminator, Bohanon is actually a skilled football player that will help keep our QB from getting hit.
    I am loving our new RBs & the versatility they will bring.
    From what I read about Bohanon on nyjets.com just now, he sounds alot like Jerald Sowell.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-28-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    He actually weighs more than Dion Jordan, & after benching 225, 36 times, is not a guy you want taking your legs out from under you.
    Jordan is boom or bust
    Plus Dbrick eats up skinny dudes.
    Not worried about him.
    Fins should be more worried about not getting Brandon Albert at LT.
    Jets Dline will give the fins Oline all they can handle if they strike out on the LT.
    WF???? really?

Small Baptist college....

this guy will barely make an impact on the JETS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rathman is actually a damn good comparison.

I was mocking Bohanon to us in the 7th roud for months. Love this kid.

He's probably going to start for us from day 1.

I'll take that in the 7th round over some receiver or TE that probably wouldn't even make the roster.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Sanchez will not be on the roster. He serves no purpose... We can lose without him just as easily as with him.

The selection of Geno was admission to the rebuild in process.

Sanchez clutters the clubhouse and only continues the circus atmosphere the Jets are ridiculed for.

3 QBs will be on the roster, Geno, Garrard (who the Jets see as a perfect mentor), and McElroy (because he is cheap and will back next year as Geno's backup)...
    I hope you are correct (as to the QBs on the roster).

Jets Insider VIP
    perfect FB/H-Back candidate for Marty's WCO.

Big guy who can block but who also has great pass catching ability

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    perfect FB/H-Back candidate for Marty's WCO.

Big guy who can block but who also has great pass catching ability
    Like I said, he sounds alot like Jerald Sowell to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Rathman is actually a damn good comparison.

I was mocking Bohanon to us in the 7th roud for months. Love this kid.

He's probably going to start for us from day 1.

I'll take that in the 7th round over some receiver or TE that probably wouldn't even make the roster.
    Couldn't agree with you more. This is the type of late round gem we need, not the perfunctory picks that don't stick.

His skillset will be given full display. I also like the Jerald Sowell reference by another poster though he is more versatile. His blocking/blitz pickup will be essential to priming big gains in the run game and keeping Sanchez steady and upright. Wonderful, inspired pick.

All Pro
    How old are you?
    Rathman was 99% blocker & 1% pass catcher.
    But those 1% are usually for 1st downs because no one expects them to sneak out on 3rd down after initial blocks & be WIDE OPEN!
    Whatever, you'll see.
    Why on earth would the Jets with MM a WCO take the best full/ half backing blocker that actually is strong as a bull, great blocker & believe it or not actually athletic enough to catch the ball, unlike stone hands terminator?
    This group has a plan, that's why, & don't waste picks because Rex sees some guy make a nice block while reviewing film of another prospect.
    Rathman caught between 40 and 70 balls a year, so he wasn't a token receiver. He was far more blocker than ball handler however.

Who knows if he'll be the next Rathman? but the reason why he was drafted was because John Idzik's son Brad plays with him at Wake Forest.

I hope it becomes a good signing and he helps the team.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Rathman caught between 40 and 70 balls a year, so he wasn't a token receiver. He was far more blocker than ball handler however.
    That's because unlike the Jets right now, the Niners were LOADED with offensive weapons.
    When your trying to stop the likes of Rice, Taylor & Jones, chances are your blocking FB, is gonna be wide open quite a bit,lol.
    Unfortunately for us we have Holmes, Hill, Kerley, & ?s at TE, so defending us is a little less formidable that the Niners with Montana at QB.
    Bohanon will be the kind of heady player that MM uses to shift to blitzes so whoever our QB is he might get that added one second to make a completion, or as a lead blocker in short yardage so Ivory can find a lane to score.
    Saying it right now Bohanon will be a fixture on the Jets both as a fullback/halfback, special teamer, think of Kuhn with Greenbay only stronger & more versatile.
    Bohanon benched 225, 36 times! That is a powerful man folks, who actually has halfback skills. This is the player Rex thought he was getting with Conner, Conner couldn't hold Bohanons jock strap!

All Pro
    Bohanon benched 225, 36 times!
    Sweet mother of G*D!
    Are you kidding? Man, that is one strong dude.