Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 96

Thread: Mayock turned on Geno the minute the Jets drafted him

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,314
    One thing no one seems to have heard (Or remember?) in the rush to judgment is that while the Jets were on the clock the entire time Eisen and Mayock went on and on about how there was no way in heck the Jets were going with a QB at 39 because of their current QB situation and how it would make an awful muddle even worse, log on the fire, etc etc and right as they're saying the words the pick comes in and it's -- a QB, so they had to save face somehow. Not the first time they had egg on their faces, justifying Te'O's not being picked with the 'diminishing importance of the ILB position' only to announce, just as they're saying it, Teo has been selected by the Chargers. Shows they're not as plugged in as they'd have you believe.
    And as they were on the no QB for Jets rant I was certainly on board with their line of thinking.

  2. #22
    This is the same idiot who liked Blaine Gabbert over Cam Newton.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    someone should splice the footage and put in on youtube if it was that bad
    Funny you say that because I thought of it before I even turned on the computer.

    I saw it.... and MayCock wasn't the only one, either!

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    This is the same idiot who liked Blaine Gabbert over Cam Newton.
    He is on TV so he is smart, I don't know how people listen to this freaking idiot. The guy is the biggest fraud, he talks with an attitude so he must be smart!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Jets fans who don't like the Geno pick only don't like it for 3 reasons. They are either Sanchez supporters who want him to get another shot or Tebow supporters who want him to get a shot or people who hate Rex and want the Jets to be terrible next year so they can see him get fired (AKA non Jets fans). Otherwise I don't understand how you could hate the pick of a QB who had a first round grade from 99% of all the draft pundits and the Jets took him in the 2nd round without having to move up to get him. Some people whine and complain about how the media treats the Jets organization but the worst Jets hating people are Jets "fans" and it's not even close.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    As I understand it Mayock had Smith at #6 in his final mock

    But at 39 he was an inaccurate bum
    Don't you love the media?

  7. #27
    I agree. Mayock embarrassed himself badly. I guess the media heads think its in vogue to trash the Jets no matter what they do... but in this case it made him look like a fool.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Jets fans who don't like the Geno pick only don't like it for 3 reasons. They are either Sanchez supporters who want him to get another shot or Tebow supporters who want him to get a shot or people who hate Rex and want the Jets to be terrible next year so they can see him get fired (AKA non Jets fans). Otherwise I don't understand how you could hate the pick of a QB who had a first round grade from 99% of all the draft pundits and the Jets took him in the 2nd round without having to move up to get him. Some people whine and complain about how the media treats the Jets organization but the worst Jets hating people are Jets "fans" and it's not even close.
    Geno was great value at 39 and a no-brainer. Anyone who disagrees has their head so far in their ass and is just an obvious Rex Ryan-hater.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    I agree. Mayock embarrassed himself badly. I guess the media heads think its in vogue to trash the Jets no matter what they do... but in this case it made him look like a fool.
    I am going to love it when the Jets go 9-7 and snag a wildcard next season. I will be calling every show and trashing all those clowns to no end I will make their lives miserable.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,748
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Geno was great value at 39 and a no-brainer. Anyone who disagrees has their head so far in their ass and is just an obvious Rex Ryan-hater.
    Mayocks 1st rd picks...

    Pick Team Player
    1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    3 Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
    5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    6 Cleveland Browns Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    7 Arizona Cardinals Johnathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    8 Buffalo Bills Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    9 New York Jets Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
    10 Tennessee Titans Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    11 San Diego Chargers Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    12 Miami Dolphins D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
    13 New York Jets (from TB) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    14 Carolina Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    15 New Orleans Saints Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU
    16 St. Louis Rams Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    17 Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
    18 Dallas Cowboys Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    19 New York Giants Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
    20 Chicago Bears Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame
    21 Cincinnati Bengals Eric Reid, S, LSU
    22 St Louis Rams (from WAS) Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    23 Minnesota Vikings Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    24 Indianapolis Colts D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
    25 Minnesota Vikings (from SEA) Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    26 Green Bay Packers Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    27 Houston Texans Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    28 Denver Broncos Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    29 New England Patriots Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    30 Atlanta Falcons Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    31 San Francisco 49ers Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    32 Baltimore Ravens Matt Elam, S, Florida

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He was pointing out why he fell to the 2nd...I guess you missed the part where he mentioned (paraphrasing), if you watch some games he looks like a 1st rounder but other times he looks like a 5th rounder...How dare anyone point out negatives on a selection, especially the Jets..

    that other guy "Eisen" is a Jets fan...But he went way overboard on all the Geno, Te'o, Mathieu talk...
    The first thing he said when Geno was drafted was does he want to go to that mess. Geno was the only guy that the highlight tape was filled with is mistakes. The goal was to make Geno look worst than Sanchez thus the Jets will continue to suck. The Jets were 6-10 but are a glorified expansion team with at least 2-14 teams drafting ahead of them? KC finished 2-14 with 5+ pro bowlers? The Jags have been QB central of the NFL? Our new OC has a history of great offenses but they act like we still have Sparano coaching them. The Raiders and Cowboys are truly in cap hell but the Jets are the team that is a mess. The Jets have drafted better than both those teams for a number of years yet are destroyed. Say what you will but Rex drafts better than Jones and Rex isn't the one drafting. The NFl network and ESPN have been totally unprofessional when it comes to the Jets. Why only criticize Jet draft picks after just praising them prior to being picked?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I also saw exactly what you said. Eisen and Mayock were two faced liars as far as I am concerned. Mayock stated just prior to the Jets taking GENO that he was a great value for some team! Then we took him and he started dumping on Geno and said he could not understand the pick. The other fool acted like a SUCKCHEZ supporter alarmed that he will be released etc.
    Mayock said that geno does have upside but it will take work. he isnt NFL ready etc...he has been saying that for a while. pretty sure he never "loved" this QB class

    i didnt take it as much as they didnt like Geno in the 2nd as much as i think it was more about not liking the Jets taking Geno (which i partially agree)

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Mayock said that geno does have upside but it will take work. he isnt NFL ready etc...he has been saying that for a while. pretty sure he never "loved" this QB class

    i didnt take it as much as they didnt like Geno in the 2nd as much as i think it was more about not liking the Jets taking Geno (which i partially agree)
    And if anyone else got Geno in rd 2 it would have been a "nice value pick" and a "good developmental project." The media has such a stone in its ass about Rex it's ridiculous.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Mayocks 1st rd picks...

    Pick Team Player
    1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    3 Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
    5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    6 Cleveland Browns Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    7 Arizona Cardinals Johnathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    8 Buffalo Bills Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    9 New York Jets Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
    10 Tennessee Titans Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    11 San Diego Chargers Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    12 Miami Dolphins D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
    13 New York Jets (from TB) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    14 Carolina Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    15 New Orleans Saints Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU
    16 St. Louis Rams Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    17 Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
    18 Dallas Cowboys Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    19 New York Giants Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
    20 Chicago Bears Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame
    21 Cincinnati Bengals Eric Reid, S, LSU
    22 St Louis Rams (from WAS) Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    23 Minnesota Vikings Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    24 Indianapolis Colts D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
    25 Minnesota Vikings (from SEA) Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    26 Green Bay Packers Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    27 Houston Texans Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    28 Denver Broncos Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    29 New England Patriots Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    30 Atlanta Falcons Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    31 San Francisco 49ers Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    32 Baltimore Ravens Matt Elam, S, Florida
    Proof is in the pudding. Jets had a nice draft if you look at it objectively which the anti-Rex media does not.

  15. #35
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    165
    I lost all respect for Mayock. He came off as an unprofessional, whiny, clown and embarrassed himself the way he trashed Geno and the Jets. He had touted Geno as the highest rated QB in the draft for MONTHS, and consistently had him projected to go in the top 10. I've never witnessed an "analyst" or "expert" have such a stunning reversal of opinion literally overnight. I don't know how anyone can objectively knock a team that had the worst QB in the NFL taking the consensus #1 QB in the draft in the 2nd round without even having to trade up to get him. I'm not sure what his motivation was, but his intent was obvious - trash the Jets. FU Mayock!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    And if anyone else got Geno in rd 2 it would have been a "nice value pick" and a "good developmental project." The media has such a stone in its ass about Rex it's ridiculous.
    we had 5 QBs on our roster prior to Geno
    we have other major holes (i realize QB is one of them)
    overall, this QB class was never perceived as a strong one so why not potentially focus on another area of weakness were there was stronger depth?

    all in all, i dont think the NFLN was all that bad this weekend including their commentary on the jets
    maybe its just me

  17. #37
    I did not watch every pick of the first and second rounds, but I can not think of another player who was subjected to a reel of mistakes (and mistakes only) immediately after being picked. It was shameless.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    I lost all respect for Mayock. He came off as an unprofessional, whiny, clown and embarrassed himself the way he trashed Geno and the Jets. He had touted Geno as the highest rated QB in the draft for MONTHS, and consistently had him projected to go in the top 10. I've never witnessed an "analyst" or "expert" have such a stunning reversal of opinion literally overnight. I don't know how anyone can objectively knock a team that had the worst QB in the NFL taking the consensus #1 QB in the draft in the 2nd round without even having to trade up to get him. I'm not sure what his motivation was, but his intent was obvious - trash the Jets. FU Mayock!
    Yea. I understand and have come to expect critical comments with regard to this team and the draft... but to flip flop so ridiculously just looked childish and forced.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,314
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    we had 5 QBs on our roster prior to Geno
    we have other major holes (i realize QB is one of them)
    overall, this QB class was never perceived as a strong one so why not potentially focus on another area of weakness were there was stronger depth?

    all in all, i dont think the NFLN was all that bad this weekend including their commentary on the jets
    maybe its just me
    Exactly. It's just shuffling new mediocrity for old around. Might as well have gone for an equally rated or better prospect at a greater area of need. Or better yet, trade down and let someone else roll the dice on him and wait till there is more to choose from.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    we had 5 QBs on our roster prior to Geno
    we have other major holes (i realize QB is one of them)
    overall, this QB class was never perceived as a strong one so why not potentially focus on another area of weakness were there was stronger depth?
    3 of those 5 qbs (Tea Party, Mcleroy, Sims) are completely worthless and will be cut soon if Noodlebrain Woody allows it.


    Yes its a weak draft class which is why the Jets waited to 39. Geno was considered by most people to be the best qb prospect for a reason. He's mobile, an accurate thrower with touch and an intelligent, coachable player. Is he Luck or RGIII? Hell no but I'll take a future David Garrard at 39 and so would any decent GM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us