Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timmy.....

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I bet alot of football. As a jets fan I can tell you there is something supernatural about this team. If you are a fan and you bet on them. They will **** you. Somehow even when you try to avoid the bastards at all costs they somehow show up in your picks. I look at my overall record and it's really good at years end. But I sit there and reflect sometimes about how the Jets almost like Lucifer the devil himself will somehow tempt you into betting them in,any fashion. You say to yourself I watch every game I know for a fact these *******s are going over or staying under or covering or not covering. And not only will they go the other way they do it in such spectacular fashion. Almost like there looking at you saying you yeah you **** you.
    You have to factor in the media's opinion. If they're high on the Jets and predict they'll win, that's an easy call to bet against them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You have to factor in the media's opinion. If they're high on the Jets and predict they'll win, that's an easy call to bet against them.
    They should print "letdown game" on all the tickets's.

-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    The only good thing about rooting for the Jets is that you learn early on that they will hose you mentally and financially. They will only win for you if you thought about putting money down, but didn't.

If they were a poker dealer, they'd be dealin out shi thands.
    speaking of sh"t hands - many of you remember the pass at the goal line when the dolphin safeties decided to enact the statue of liberty play when the ball was coming right at them

but do you remember the Jets FUMBLED THE DAMN BALL on the kick off of OT and the refs blew the call. it would have been dolphins ball and easy game ending field goal. the kid would have got paid and balled four thousand dollars worth of Vegas hookers in half an hour.

but noooooooooooo...

45:40

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-wIM5BzLA

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    speaking of sh"t hands - many of you remember the pass at the goal line when the dolphin safeties decided to enact the statue of liberty play when the ball was coming right at them

but do you remember the Jets FUMBLED THE DAMN BALL on the kick off of OT and the refs blew the call. it would have been dolphins ball and easy game ending field goal. the kid would have got paid and balled four thousand dollars worth of Vegas hookers in half an hour.

but noooooooooooo...

Three thousand worth of hookers. Grand to the gf but I see you point

All League

but noooooooooooo...

Then you would have bet 4 on another game and lost it all. Jets curse.

And did you see the Ot stats right before that? Team who gets the ball first - 55 wins, 53 losses, and 8 ties. Then the team getting the ball and scoring on first possession - only a 30%.

So what the hell has happened since to change the OT rules??

Jets Insider VIP
    The only good thing about rooting for the Jets is that you learn early on that they will hose you mentally and financially. They will only win for you if you thought about putting money down, but didn't.

If they were a poker dealer, they'd be dealin out shi thands.
    That's a classic story Timmy. I learned many years ago to never bet for or against the Jets for the reasons Fish stated. It really is almost a supernatural ability they have to deliver the sh!thand.

I had a different seat for that game.

but noooooooooooo...

When I got home from the game, my best friend was livid. He had bet a slip and this particular week, he put in one slip where he picked every game. The only game he lost... the Jets game.

He b****ed about that fumble non-stop... for years.

And if you remember, 1986 was the first year of instant replay and they still didn't get that call right.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    That's a classic story Timmy. I learned many years ago to never bet for or against the Jets for the reasons Fish stated. It really is almost a supernatural ability they have to deliver the sh!thand.

I had a different seat for that game.

When I got home from the game, my best friend was livid. He had bet a slip and this particular week, he put in one slip where he picked every game. The only game he lost... the Jets game.

He b****ed about that fumble non-stop... for years.

And if you remember, 1986 was the first year of instant replay and they still didn't get that call right.
    and here's what really hurt.

I get to Vegas and the Jets are giving 2.5. I decide I want the extra half point so I don't lose my money in a field goal game. I walk up and down the strip and walk into every sports betting parlor. Some big places like Caesar's and the famous places that closed like Sands. Some of the little places that only the locals go to. Every place had the Jets - 2.5. Then I walk into Barbary Coast and they have on the blackboard Jets - 3. I take it.

When OT starts, because of that -3, I have a really slim chance of losing my money. I was bragging to everybody about getting -3 when they were all in danger of losing on the field goal.

Dolphins win on td - I win 4g
    Dolphins win on fg - I win 4g
    Dolphins win on safety I win 4g
    Jets win on safety I win 4g
    Jets win on fg - push, I get money back minus juice

only way I lose

Jets win on TD - I lose

after the game, my buddy,not a Jets fan, who i talked into this game said to me " you better not be even a little glad the Jets won".

btw - my brother law picked every game correctly one week in the NFL (without the spread) and stood to win $1800 if he got the Monday Night game. It was Jets and Vikings. He picked Jets and Viking won. I hear about that every couple of years.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 04-30-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    I somehow missed this gem. I've been laughing for five minutes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

and here's what really hurt.

I get to Vegas and the Jets are giving 2.5. I decide I want the extra half point so I don't lose my money in a field goal game. I walk up and down the strip and walk into every sports betting parlor. Some big places like Caesar's and the famous places that closed like Sands. Some of the little places that only the locals go to. Every place had the Jets - 2.5. Then I walk into Barbary Coast and they have on the blackboard Jets - 3. I take it.

When OT starts, because of that -3, I have a really slim chance of losing my money. I was bragging to everybody about getting -3 when they were all in danger of losing on the field goal.

Dolphins win on td - I win 4g
    Dolphins win on fg - I win 4g
    Dolphins win on safety I win 4g
    Jets win on safety I win 4g
    Jets win on fg - push, I get money back minus juice

only way I lose

Jets win on TD - I lose

after the game, my buddy,not a Jets fan, who i talked into this game said to me " you better not be even a little glad the Jets won".

btw - my brother law picked every game correctly one week in the NFL (without the spread) and stood to win $1800 if he got the Monday Night game. It was Jets and Vikings. He picked Jets and Viking won. I hear about that every couple of years.
    Good gawd.

Is there any end to this?

You lost a bet 27 years ago.

Now, you live..... fearfully...... in the woods.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Good gawd.

Is there any end to this?

You lost a bet 27 years ago.

Now, you live..... fearfully...... in the woods.

-