Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Moore and Braylon Edwards

Brandon Moore and Braylon Edwards

I know the Jets drafted Winter and signed Peterman however this FO cannot be serious about either one of them starting next year. Winter is a rookie and Peterman is a turnstile - basically what Vlad Suckasse would have been if he ever got a chance to start 16 games.

Edwards needs a one year deal like 2 weeks ago from this team.

Winters will almost definitely start.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Winters will almost definitely start.
    Better hope he's ready immediately because Peterman is not the answer and Colon is good but extremely injury prone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Better hope he's ready immediately because Peterman is not the answer and Colon is good but extremely injury prone.
    4th rd pick Jason Fabini started as a rookie I don't see why Winters can't as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    4th rd pick Jason Fabini started as a rookie I don't see why Winters can't as well..
    Yeah but Colon is injury prone as hell so we have a depth issue even if Winters plays well as a rookie. Peterman and Ducasse are garbage.

Braylon Edwards will not be resigned . Idzk was wirth Seattle front office last year and they cut him so I dont think he is going to keep him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Braylon Edwards will not be resigned . Idzk was wirth Seattle front office last year and they cut him so I dont think he is going to keep him.
    Braylon was also a bit of a security blanket for Sanchez. They brought him in cheap as a crutch for Mark to try to improve the passing game. With Sanchez now on the outs there's even less reason to bring Edwards back.

I want the Jets to bring in a decent, if unspectacular, veteran WR but it won't be Braylon.

Would be nice to bring back Moore but don't see it happening, not with the additional guards we just got. We're fine with Ducasse and Colon starting, guard isn't among top positions I'm concerned about with this team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Braylon was also a bit of a security blanket for Sanchez. They brought him in cheap as a crutch for Mark to try to improve the passing game. With Sanchez now on the outs there's even less reason to bring Edwards back.

I want the Jets to bring in a decent, if unspectacular, veteran WR but it won't be Braylon.
    Is he even a WCO type receiver (if there is such a thing)?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I know the Jets drafted Winter and signed Peterman however this FO cannot be serious about either one of them starting next year. Winter is a rookie and Peterman is a turnstile - basically what Vlad Suckasse would have been if he ever got a chance to start 16 games.

Edwards needs a one year deal like 2 weeks ago from this team.
    I wouldn't be opposed to bring Moore back at the right price - or Edwards for that matter.

That being said Winters, Aboushi (5th rd) & Peterman will compete with Ducasse for the RG spot.

Peterman has been a starter for the last several seasons - he is only 31 and has started all 48 games for the Lions the last 3 seasons so I am not sure where the "Turnstile" label comes from.

Colon is penciled in at LG from what I have heard which is the positon he played in Pittsburgh but his durability is a big concern.

William Campbell selected in the 6th round is also making the switch OG which he played some in college and HS.

Winters can very easily win the RG spot rookie O-Lineman taken in the first 4 or 5 rounds of the draft routinely wind up starting. There a few UDFA O-Lineman coming in as well plus one or two holdovers from the practice squad.

So, if Moore is to be brought back, he would have to come cheap because the Jets suddenly have a surplus of O-Lineman to choose from.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-28-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Rookie
    Winters will start. Book it.

FA WR: we can add help

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Then I'll have to change my avy. Me so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Then I'll have to change my avy. Me so sad.
    Braylon showed me he still had something to offer last year and was one of the few hanging touch and fighting on even when the Jets season was already lost.

Hill hasn't shown he can be trusted to be a reliable #1, Holmes is a no show, Kerley can't carry the can all on his lonesome though he's useful in the slot. BE for a cheap 1 year contract sounds good. Bring him in to the competition (something Idzik is actively promoting) and let the best men win!

Winters is a RT so I dont see Moore as a threat to him. If we bring Moore back this would be the best line in the league easy IMO. We have like 19 OL on the roster though so it seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Winters is a RT so I dont see Moore as a threat to him. If we bring Moore back this would be the best line in the league easy IMO. We have like 19 OL on the roster though so it seems unlikely.
    He will be a Guard in the NFL.
    Winters will start from day one and will be a beast.
    I loved this pick. I had him in my mock in the 3rd round. Great kid, great size, plays nasty and has a non-stop motor. Pencil him in as our starting LG.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    He will be a Guard in the NFL.
    Winters will start from day one and will be a beast.
    I loved this pick. I had him in my mock in the 3rd round. Great kid, great size, plays nasty and has a non-stop motor. Pencil him in as our starting LG.
    Hope you're right, I don't pretend to know much about this kid at all, he was rated pretty well but only put up 9 reps on the bench which is scary for a lineman. I'm hoping Tony "Mr. 550lbs." Bohanon can show winters a thing or two about beasting out in the weight room

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah but Colon is injury prone as hell so we have a depth issue even if Winters plays well as a rookie. Peterman and Ducasse are garbage.
    Exactly right, and that is why I thought we should have grabbed multiple Ol's starting sooner in the draft.

Instead the Jets do what they always do, get the minimum and hope it all comes together.

Undrafted Free Agent
    NO to Braylon. The Jets need to go forward, not backwards. New GM, new blood.

Braylon will be signed if Hill comes to camp and still can't catch and if Holmes is not ready for the regular season. Can't give Sanchez or Geno ZERO weapons on the outside (Kerley is fine on the inside).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Hope you're right, I don't pretend to know much about this kid at all, he was rated pretty well but only put up 9 reps on the bench which is scary for a lineman. I'm hoping Tony "Mr. 550lbs." Bohanon can show winters a thing or two about beasting out in the weight room
    Bench Press for lineman is like the 40 time for skill positions. Its nice to have good numbers but it is no indication that the player will be good.

Its much more important to have strong legs and a good squat number rather then bench press.

To sum up. Bench press is way overrated.