Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Moore and Braylon Edwards

All Pro
    I hope Moore comes back on a 1 year deal. Colon is injury prone, Vlad is Vlad, counting on a rookie 3rd rounder is dicey.

There is something to having veterans with good attitudes on the team to help teach the younger players. Moore is a stand up guy, works hard, and I admit I have a soft spot for him.

Can't say I agree with people who are so low on Braylon, who is now a guy you can sign and then cut with little to no cap implications.

He was the best receiver on the field for the Jets in the final two games of the season. That's not saying a whole lot, but neither does his potential cap hit. If the guy loves being a Jet (and as long as it wasn't about Sanchez), who does it hurt to bring him back into camp?

I can understand the hope that a Jordan White or some UDFA will provide adequate depth, but if Braylon is toast, it shouldn't be a problem to sign him up for camp and then let those guys beat him out.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Hope you're right, I don't pretend to know much about this kid at all, he was rated pretty well but only put up 9 reps on the bench which is scary for a lineman. I'm hoping Tony "Mr. 550lbs." Bohanon can show winters a thing or two about beasting out in the weight room
    He had an arm injury, I heard, and gave it a go anyway and then pulled up. I haven't heard anyone say he was weak.

Don't really see any compelling arguments for not bringing each of these guys back for 1 year deals - especially not in this thread.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    4th rd pick Jason Fabini started as a rookie I don't see why Winters can't as well..
    Yeay but can he bust up a bathroom like Fabini and Jumbo ?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Don't really see any compelling arguments for not bringing each of these guys back for 1 year deals - especially not in this thread.
    The only argument I can come up with is maybe because Idzik is trying to rid the locker room of bad attitude guys to the best of his ability.(obviously hands are tied with holmes).

Not saying i think Edwards is a bad guy for the locker room because i personally believe he should be brought back, but with all the nonsense thats gone on in the past with this team Idzik is probably trying to change the perception of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    The only argument I can come up with is maybe because Idzik is trying to rid the locker room of bad attitude guys to the best of his ability.(obviously hands are tied with holmes).

Not saying i think Edwards is a bad guy for the locker room because i personally believe he should be brought back, but with all the nonsense thats gone on in the past with this team Idzik is probably trying to change the perception of the team.
    The Edwards attitude stuff is so blown out of proportion. Moore was one of the good guys of the lockerroom. I'm hoping Idzik is just being prudent.

The Edwards attitude stuff is so blown out of proportion. Moore was one of the good guys of the lockerroom. I'm hoping Idzik is just being prudent.
    I completely agree and hope we do sign him.

However something doesnt have to be true for the media to run the "the circus continues!" headline.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    why is every move a DOUBT.....winters will start.....do you think every team who drafted an o linemen does not want him to start now....he is said to be nfl ready for a reason....we have a solid line but all i see is doubts....IF colon is healthy etc....well right now he is healthy....I am not holding my breath waiting for him to get hurt....if during the season he gets hurt then I get pissed....right now things are good...we def fortified our o line in free agency and the draft.

I know the Jets drafted Winter and signed Peterman however this FO cannot be serious about either one of them starting next year. Winter is a rookie and Peterman is a turnstile - basically what Vlad Suckasse would have been if he ever got a chance to start 16 games.

Edwards needs a one year deal like 2 weeks ago from this team.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree....lets wait and see...more moves are a coming because OTA's is fast approaching....I would not mind brining Braylon back.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Can't say I agree with people who are so low on Braylon, who is now a guy you can sign and then cut with little to no cap implications.

He was the best receiver on the field for the Jets in the final two games of the season. That's not saying a whole lot, but neither does his potential cap hit. If the guy loves being a Jet (and as long as it wasn't about Sanchez), who does it hurt to bring him back into camp?

I can understand the hope that a Jordan White or some UDFA will provide adequate depth, but if Braylon is toast, it shouldn't be a problem to sign him up for camp and then let those guys beat him out.
    Braylon gets the job done and was a positive contributor last year. He's cheap, is a warrior, team player and can mentor Hill and the rest. Moore if he's still effective and injury free should be signed if he's cheap for the same reasons. It would be nice for him to mentor Campbell who's attempting to make a similar jump from DL in college to OL in the pros.

Veteran
    I like Braylon but if Geno should win the starting job, the FO might feel that having both Braylon and Holmes might "stunt" his development as the leader of the offense. I actually would replace Holmes with Edwards if there were no cap considerations. He is a bigger target, great on jump balls, excellent blocker, can still get down the field, runs the slant and perhaps best of all, he is not a locker room CANCER.

Winters and Colon have already been announced as the starters heading into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    I like Braylon but if Geno should win the starting job, the FO might feel that having both Braylon and Holmes might "stunt" his development as the leader of the offense. I actually would replace Holmes with Edwards if there were no cap considerations. He is a bigger target, great on jump balls, excellent blocker, can still get down the field, runs the slant and perhaps best of all, he is not a locker room CANCER.
    Both are dopes. We don need either.

It's amazing how fans ***** about we suck, but then pine for keeping all the same player except one. lOL

I think Braylon makes a whole lot of sense at this point, for reasons already stated.

I'd be shocked if Moore came back. With Colon and Winters on board, and our cap situation, the best offer we could make to him would be something close to the minimum veteran salary, and a chance to be the contingency plan if Colon is hurt and/or Winters isn't ready yet - in effect, the Peterman deal. Moore would not take that offer as he will no doubt still get a better one elsewhere. The Jets won't make that offer out of respect to both Moore and Peterman (who we would need to dump if Moore happened to sign).

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I think Braylon makes a whole lot of sense at this point, for reasons already stated.

I'd be shocked if Moore came back. With Colon and Winters on board, and our cap situation, the best offer we could make to him would be something close to the minimum veteran salary, and a chance to be the contingency plan if Colon is hurt and/or Winters isn't ready yet - in effect, the Peterman deal. Moore would not take that offer as he will no doubt still get a better one elsewhere. The Jets won't make that offer out of respect to both Moore and Peterman (who we would need to dump if Moore happened to sign).
    Colon's injury history has to scare Jets fans. If he went down we'd be stuck with Peterson or Ducasse and both are horrific options. Like pick your poison.

Hall Of Fame
    winters is nfl ready and will start and Peterman is no turnstile.

I know the Jets drafted Winter and signed Peterman however this FO cannot be serious about either one of them starting next year. Winter is a rookie and Peterman is a turnstile - basically what Vlad Suckasse would have been if he ever got a chance to start 16 games.

Edwards needs a one year deal like 2 weeks ago from this team.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    winters is nfl ready and will start and Peterman is no turnstile.
    Peterman has been ranked as the NFL's worst pass protecting Guard - not even an exaggeration. He nearly got Stafford killed.

Colon's injury history has to scare Jets fans. If he went down we'd be stuck with Peterson or Ducasse and both are horrific options. Like pick your poison.
    I Don't think guard is Jets biggest question mark as I think OT depth is more a need. Heck you drafted three guards in 2013 draft. I don't see Peterman or Ducasse making the 53 man roster. Colon goes down Aboushi would step in.

Braylon Edwards make sense for the Jets. He would be one of few Wr's on Jet roster that has experience in WCO offense and he was one of there best receivers last year. (Down the stretch)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    He will be a Guard in the NFL.
    Winters will start from day one and will be a beast.
    I loved this pick. I had him in my mock in the 3rd round. Great kid, great size, plays nasty and has a non-stop motor. Pencil him in as our starting LG.
    This was exactly the guy I was talking about when I said you don't draft guards in the first round. The best guards are usually tackles that you project to switch to guard. That's because If you're good on most college teams they move you to Tackle. If Winters played guard on Alabama he would have gone in the 1st round.
    BTW Vlad play all year last year and was as good as Moore. That's not great at this point in his career, but it's better than bringing Moore back now.