Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Geno Smith = Mark Sanchez (per Mayock)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Dear Mayschmuck

You had Cleveland selecting Geno Smith at pick number 6.

So how can he NOW not be in your exalted top 20.

Oh and BTW I'm done watching you and that halfwit Eisen any more on the NFL Network

Once again demonstrating your complete ignorance as it relates to football.

Mayock had Smith going to Cleveland in his MOCK Draft. That doesn't mean that he thinks Smith is worthy of a #6 pick. It's a prediction of where he thinks Smith would go based on team needs.

Here's what he said in about the pick in his mock:

When I look at Geno, I see a kid who's got everything you want to see in a franchise quarterback, but there's just too much bad tape. I would not take him this early; I would go for an edge or a corner. However, I really think Joe Banner might pull the trigger on the quarterback from West Virginia.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    David Lee is a better QB coach and Morniwehg is a much better offensive coordinator.
    I know we love everything new here and Cavanagh never did anything and had to go, but David Lee's resume includes bringing the wildcat to Miami (with Sparano) and going to Buffalo to bring along Fitzpatrick.

I don't know much more about the man, but I don't see how that is supposed to make me feel better about him developing QB's here.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...mith-in-top-20

Geno's negatives:
    1. Ball Security
    2. Pocket Awareness
    3. Inconsistent Accuracy
    4. Lack of Leadership Skills
    5. Lack of Work Ethic
    6. Poor timing on throws

Geno's positives:
    1. Athletic
    2. Can make all the throws

Mark's negatives:
    1. Ball Security
    2. Pocket Awareness
    3. Inconsistent Accuracy
    4. Poor timing on throws

Mark's positives:
    1. Good Leadership
    2. Good Work Ethic
    3. Can make all the throws

I'm all for giving Geno a shot, but I think he needs to earn it first - preferably, sit on the bench for a year behind Mark. I definitely think cutting Mark would be a mistake. We'll end up ruining Geno's career, same as Mark, if we just hand him the starting job.
    From Jarrett Bell of USA today on accustations that Geno is not a student of the game:

As for Smith, let Trent Dilfer weigh in. The former Super Bowl champ runs the Elite 11 passing camp, matching top college quarterbacks with hot-shot high school prospects. Of the six college quarterbacks who worked the camp last summer in Redondo Beach, Calif., Smith was the only one who arrived with full knowledge of the 89-page playbook Dilfer put together and sent to participants three weeks before camp opened.

"Geno showed up, and on Day 1, he could have taught it," Dilfer told USA TODAY Sports. "He didn't just know it, he owned it.

"The Pro Football Weekly report should be discarded," Dilfer added. "It's almost laughable, the stuff he put in there."

Since the report surfaced April 1, Smith has had so many credible voices eagerly refute the labels spewed out as knocks. That says something, too.

Smith has some believers. Soon, he will also have the opportunity to demonstrate whether he possesses the commitment and skill to hack it on the next level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the one point that everyone is missing with Geno is his mobility. The dude can run it or throw it and that formula has been working the past few seasons. The question I would ask is is Geno a better prospect or similar to guys like Kapernic and Wilson? If so he can be start for my team all day. I was hoping we'd grab a mobile QB in this draft. Hated the Nasib talk. I originally was thinking Manuel but thats more to do with figuring we could get him in the 2nd. I never even thought Geno would be there. Another bonus is that these mobile QB's have mostly done well even in their first years. I like this low risk sky high reward move for the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post

Mayock had Smith going to Cleveland in his MOCK Draft. That doesn't mean that he thinks Smith is worthy of a #6 pick. It's a prediction of where he thinks Smith would go based on team needs.

Originally Posted by sg3

Dear Mayschmuck

You had Cleveland selecting Geno Smith at pick number 6.

So how can he NOW not be in your exalted top 20.

Oh and BTW I'm done watching you and that halfwit Eisen any more on the NFL Network

[quote]When I look at Geno, I see a kid who's got everything you want to see in a franchise quarterback, ; I would go for an edge or a corner. However, I really think Joe Banner might pull the trigger on the quarterback from West Virginia.[/quote

So when the Jets get him at 39 they are the idiots with another bad pick. More crap from all of the pukes at BSPN including pukes who claim to be Jets fans,,,,,,They can all blow me !!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    I know we love everything new here and Cavanagh never did anything and had to go, but David Lee's resume includes bringing the wildcat to Miami (with Sparano) and going to Buffalo to bring along Fitzpatrick.

I don't know much more about the man, but I don't see how that is supposed to make me feel better about him developing QB's here.
    Lee has an extensive resume in college working with and developing QB's. He is way more qualified than Cavanaugh to help develop a QB. The only reason Cavanaugh kept his job is because he was a crony of Rex from the Ravens days.